Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State of the fan base

Quote:You know just by reading the forum during and after the game. I/we are sick of it. People are telling us the calm down and wait. People have been saying that since after the 2008 season. We've already rebuilt 2 times and have had 3 coaches.

I want a competitive team at the very least. So when we lash out, especially those who spend tones of money on tickets. We deserve to know when we watch or go to the game, we aren't going get blown out every time, and have a reason to cheer for this team we all love and grew up with. It's time to get people/coaches/ players who want to go out there and work hard and rip the heads off the opponents.

I feel no one is being held accountable. I don't expect to win a SB , but we should be scoring points and make the games winnable.

Flame on..

I feel that this is a perfectly reasonable response.  ^   The performance by the Jags today was very disheartening. 

As a poster who often advises patience with young players and new coaches/staff, I even had moments today of feeling doubtful about all of the "getting better" that's supposedly been taking place.  

It was hard to watch.  I do still believe that we've drafted some very talented players since Caldwell was hired, but we don't have enough yet.  And I do still believe Gus' defensives schemes can work with the right players in place. (The line is almost there - but the LBs and secondary are not)

The offense is a giant question mark until there's a functioning line in place. I do believe that upgrades at center and guard along with Pastor at RT and Bortles behind center would change this offense dramatically. 

It's hard to know where to place the blame and we're all sick of waiting to even be competitive, but at this point, it seems there is just no quality depth behind our injured players and still 7 or 8 starters that need to be upgraded. Combine that with having the youngest roster in the AFC and it seems it might take a while.   Sad

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Isn't that something? They can turn it around after one year? Why do the Jags take 5+ years?

I hope you're not talking about the Bills

;

;

Quote:A text I sent a friend of mine today.. Pains me to say it,

We suck dude. You know I'm a die hard, but I give up. I spend too much time and money on this crappy team. If they don't improve I'm not renewing my tickets. If it wasn't for seeing my friends I wouldn't bother driving up next Sunday. Colts will destroy us. How can an NFL team be this bad for this long? I quit.

I'm sure I'll get attacked now. Go ahead.

Fans can only take so much... theres a reason why losing causes empty seats

Everyone is sick of it man. The idiots who are still patient and are mad that everyone is upset with these results are insane. I don't see how you can remain positive after a display like that. If the Jags don't come out next week and completely rip through the Colts and do the same to the Chargers, the fan-base will be at an all time low. And I don't think we can beat them tbh...

Quote:As a fan you deserve a ticket to the game when you buy one. Nothing more. You aren't entitled to winning, progress, or anything else no matter how entitled you might feel.
Ok, just don't cry and moan when you can't watch the games when those of us who dish out thousands of dollars decide not to pay up anymore.

Better yet, the team has to relocate since it does not generate enough revenue to keep the team in the city and the lights on in the stadium.

Quote:As a fan you deserve a ticket to the game when you buy one. Nothing more. You aren't entitled to winning, progress, or anything else no matter how entitled you might feel.

Everyone understands that.

People won't be coming to games if this continues.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:I feel that this is a perfectly reasonable response. ^ The performance by the Jags today was very disheartening.

As a poster who often advises patience with young players and new coaches/staff, I even had moments today of feeling doubtful about all of the "getting better" that's supposedly been taking place.

It was hard to watch. I do still believe that we've drafted some very talented players since Caldwell was hired, but we don't have enough yet. And I do still believe Gus' defensives schemes can work with the right players in place. (The line is almost there - but the LBs and secondary are not)

The offense is a giant question mark until there's a functioning line in place. I do believe that upgrades at center and guard along with Pastor at RT and Bortles behind center would change this offense dramatically.

It's hard to know where to place the blame and we're all sick of waiting to even be competitive, but at this point, it seems there is just no quality depth behind our injured players and still 7 or 8 starters that need to be upgraded. Combine that with having the youngest roster in the AFC and it seems it might take a while. Sad

Thats why i was saying this team is probably 2-3 years from doing anything. Its a long road ahead and i dont think this fan base can handle it.

Quote:I'm sure that Shad is twisting your arm and all.

And I'm sure that you're in the minority.  Part of the team staying here is, hmmm, keeping the fan base.  It works both ways.  It's not a one way street even though you think it is.  

Quote:I hope you're not talking about the Bills

Texans, 2 games in have already matched their wins from last year.. Sucks
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Ok, just don't cry and moan when you can't watch the games when those of us who dish out thousands of dollars decide not to pay up anymore.

Better yet, the team has to relocate since it does not generate enough revenue to keep the team in the city and the lights on in the stadium.

Not going to happen. If you have the guts to leave you'll just come crawling back when the team starts having success.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

I live in Denver now, which is an interesting juxtaposition for me, because I grew up bleeding teal and hating the Broncos. I've held out thus far, but I don't think I can take much more of the Jaguars at this point. We keep hearing about improvement and progress, and then we get stomped by the second-string offense of one of the worst teams in the NFL. It'd be funny if I wasn't so sick of it. I'm not moving back to Jacksonville, so the logical question of why I keep pouring my heart into the Jaguars only to watch them crap on it has begun to creep into my mind. It's not like this is a knee-jerk thing, either. If I was a bandwagon fan, I'd have been out of here years ago. This is actually a really hard one for me. I hate the idea of turning my back on the team that I very literally grew up with, but I'm sick of having my heart ripped out by this franchise. I was made a standing offer of tickets to a Broncos game anytime I wanted them, and as much as I want to go on hating the Broncos forever, it might just be time to admit that they're my hometown team now and lower my blood pressure by disconnecting from the team that's always going to be good, but never actually is.

TL;DR version: anyone got a Manning jersey they don't want?

Quote:And I'm sure that you're in the minority.  Part of the team staying here is, hmmm, keeping the fan base.  It works both ways.  It's not a one way street even though you think it is.  

So we're already back to the team moving after week 2 huh? Nope, no knee jerk in this "fan" base at all.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Not going to happen. If you have the guts to leave you'll just come crawling back when the team starts having success.
Right on, Joe Dirt.

You have no clue how a business works then, do you?

When the demand for your product is reduced significantly, changes have to be made in order to recoup that loss. For years, we have seen a crap product on the field - and continued to support them, based off of conjecture.

Let me simplify it for you.

If the PBR you drink tastes like crap (which it does), you may believe it is just the the bad can in the 24-pack. You give it another chance, and guess what... Nope, it still tastes like crap. Now, repeat this cycle for 5+ years... I promise you would start questioning your decision to continue spending money on that crap... 

Got it Joe?

Quote:So we're already back to the team moving after week 2 huh? Nope, no knee jerk in this "fan" base at all.

Every year I used to say to my wife, this year the Jags are going to be good. They are going to the playoffs...I haven't said that in 2 years. I watch every game, but I have to say, I've turned the games off a few times bc I was extremely bored watching other teams stomp us for 3 hours.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Right on, Joe Dirt.

You have no clue how a business works then, do you?

When the demand for your product is reduced significantly, changes have to be made in order to recoup that loss. For years, we have seen a crap product on the field - and continued to support them, based off of conjecture.

Let me simplify it for you.

If the PBR you drink tastes like crap (which it does), you may believe it is just the the bad can in the 24-pack. You give it another chance, and guess what... Nope, it still tastes like crap. Now, repeat this cycle for 5+ years... I promise you would start questioning your decision to continue spending money on that crap... 

Got it Joe?

It's ok man, let it all out. You'll be ready to go next week when the Clots get here.

Quote:So we're already back to the team moving after week 2 huh? Nope, no knee jerk in this "fan" base at all.

When was the last time this team looked good? Hardly "knee jerk reaction" to call crap what it is.

Quote:It's ok man, let it all out. You'll be ready to go next week when the Clots get here.
You just keep your seat warm and drink one on my behalf, okay?

Don't forget to adjust your antenna.

No, but if there is no fan base to support the team what do you think is going to happen??  We've got two years.

Quote:As fans we dont appreciate "efficiency"
I haven't seen the Jaguars be "efficient"  since 2007

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:Every year I used to say to my wife, this year the Jags are going to be good. They are going to the playoffs...I haven't said that in 2 years. I watch every game, but I have to say, I've turned the games off a few times bc I was extremely bored watching other teams stomp us for 3 hours.

I just get ticked when people moan for years about Coughlin (who was highly successful), then about JDR and Shack (who were somewhat successful), then about Gene Smith (who legitimately bombed), then don't give the new guys an opportunity to even get their guys in place before it's "O God, nothing's different in YEEEAAAAARRRSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

I know this sucks, and I wish it was different, but no amount of fan discontent is going to make those guys get better any faster. They will arrive when they arrive, but it's also not reasonable to expect this team to be good today and we've ALL known that since last season. But, it's cathartic to complain amongst your compatriots in misery.