Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State of the fan base

Bottom line is, if the Jags are and HAVE been your team through all this horrific crapfest display that they call football, than you DESERVE to be angry, frustrated and upset.. You wanna stay positive and see the glass as half full? That's your business, but don't put anyone down who's been a loyal fan through this garbage..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Oh please, you'd take one hit from one of those defenders and you'd retire to the cemetery.

At least that would be entertaining.

I know it's still a rebuilding year, but is it too much to ask to at least be entertained while we take our butt -whipping?

3 and out, 3 and out,  3 and out, 1 gained yd in a qtr of football just isn't cutting it.

I, at the very least, want to be entertained, and Chad Henne just might be the opposite of entertaining.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I just get ticked when people moan for years about Coughlin (who was highly successful), then about JDR and Shack (who were somewhat successful), then about Gene Smith (who legitimately bombed), then don't give the new guys an opportunity to even get their guys in place before it's "O God, nothing's different in YEEEAAAAARRRSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!"

I know this sucks, and I wish it was different, but no amount of fan discontent is going to make those guys get better any faster. They will arrive when they arrive, but it's also not reasonable to expect this team to be good today and we've ALL known that since last season. But, it's cathartic to complain amongst your compatriots in misery.

Nobody is complaining cuz we aren't good. We are complaining because we aren't competitive. BIG difference. Can it change, sure. I hope so!
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Bottom line is, if the Jags are and HAVE been your team through all this horrific crapfest display that they call football, than you DESERVE to be angry, frustrated and upset.. You wanna stay positive and see the glass as half full? That's your business, but don't put anyone down who's been a loyal fan through this garbage..

Sums it up quite well
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Bottom line is, if the Jags are and HAVE been your team through all this horrific crapfest display that they call football, than you DESERVE to be angry, frustrated and upset.. You wanna stay positive and see the glass as half full? That's your business, but don't put anyone down who's been a loyal fan through this garbage..

Thank you.

I haven't spent a dollar on this team other than tickets since the new logo, not because I'm against the new logo, just can't bring myself to support this.  Today, may have been the straw, I don't think I'll buy tickets anymore either.  This team has been so bad for so long and nothing Is "improved."  A few sacks against a team that overlooked us, isn't improvement.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:When was the last time this team looked good? Hardly "knee jerk reaction" to call crap what it is.

This team legitimately has hope for the first time in several years, it's a matter of crossing the bridge to the Bortles era. But no one is patient enough for that it seems. Even when you were told this is what it would be like.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The roster has been turned over. We need two more drafts to build and field a consistently competitive team. It is what it is - a rebuilding process.

Two more drafts for what? an 8-8 season?

We should be at least at an 7-9 or 8-8 at this point, but we look like a 1-15, just like last season.

Quote:This team legitimately has hope for the first time in several years, it's a matter of crossing the bridge to the Bortles era. But no one is patient enough for that it seems. Even when you were told this is what it would be like.
Really?

You weren't ALL IN the past couple of years?

Cut the hope crap, they have played that card for years now.

Going to be ANOTHER pointless November and December, possibly October if this o-line doesn't do something.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:This team legitimately has hope for the first time in several years, it's a matter of crossing the bridge to the Bortles era. But no one is patient enough for that it seems. Even when you were told this is what it would be like.

Nobody expected to be this bad again.

They are dragging their feet with BB. He gives us the best chance to win, but this competition they preach is bogus. They aren't even helping themselves bc they are scared and gun shy. Can't win in this league with those attributes.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:I live in Denver now, which is an interesting juxtaposition for me, because I grew up bleeding teal and hating the Broncos. I've held out thus far, but I don't think I can take much more of the Jaguars at this point. We keep hearing about improvement and progress, and then we get stomped by the second-string offense of one of the worst teams in the NFL. It'd be funny if I wasn't so sick of it. I'm not moving back to Jacksonville, so the logical question of why I keep pouring my heart into the Jaguars only to watch them crap on it has begun to creep into my mind. It's not like this is a knee-jerk thing, either. If I was a bandwagon fan, I'd have been out of here years ago. This is actually a really hard one for me. I hate the idea of turning my back on the team that I very literally grew up with, but I'm sick of having my heart ripped out by this franchise. I was made a standing offer of tickets to a Broncos game anytime I wanted them, and as much as I want to go on hating the Broncos forever, it might just be time to admit that they're my hometown team now and lower my blood pressure by disconnecting from the team that's always going to be good, but never actually is.

TL;DR version: anyone got a Manning jersey they don't want?

Plenty of Eli jersey's out there and available from fans, I'm sure.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

What we were told was that this would be a competitive team, regardless of who the QB was. Bortles, Henne, it would've made no difference out there today. Both guys would have been mincemeat behind that offensive line, and the idiotic coaching decisions wouldn't have helped their causes either. This team is no closer to the playoffs than it was in 2012, or 2011, or 2010, even 2009, when this whole "rebuilding, no srsly, for realsies this time" project started again.

I can live with a competitive 4-12 team. I can't live with a team promising consistency, progress and competitiveness year after year coming out like a bunch of guppies in a shark tank again. I'm over it. 20 years of being a Jaguars fan and I am finally over it. Not a knee-jerk, not a drunken rageface, just me admitting that if this is the best the Jaguars can do, I'd rather embrace a team that shows up on Sunday. They don't have to win every game, but it'd be nice if they were in a few of them.

Guys, this isn't gonna get better.

It's not that we are losing because we are missing the details or are just outmatched at certain positions.

We are getting killed because systematically something is not right.

Whether it's play calling, preparation, coaching, or something else, but it doesn't look like we are close to anything.

It almost looks like we didn't have a training camp.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I'll never give up on this team. Period. I was at the first game and they have never left my heart. Every nfl team fights adversity. Hell that's life. Ain't like I'm going to go root for another team. I'd just be lying to myself.

Quote:As a fan you deserve a ticket to the game when you buy one. Nothing more. You aren't entitled to winning, progress, or anything else no matter how entitled you might feel.
You heard the man, quit buying tickets to this trash product. I stopped in 2011 after having season tickets since '04 because they can't sustain a competitive team. If and when they do I'll start driving up and buying season tickets again. He was trying to be a dick about your complaint but what he described isn't worth buying a ticket to.

Quote:Two more drafts for what? an 8-8 season?

We should be at least at an 7-9 or 8-8 at this point, but we look like a 1-15, just like last season.
Where do we get the one win? Are we going to trade some of next years picks for offensive lineman?

Why does this team still have nearly 30 million left on the cap? They need holes be filled on the line bad!

hope is on the bench,  and budda couldn't be patient enough for the jaguars.

Saving this thread for when the jaguars are a monster dynasty.