Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
State of the fan base

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 09:17 PM by Perkolater.)

Quote:Even when you were told this is what it would be like.

Told it woul look like this? No yards in a quarter? Blown out by a team on a nine game losing streak? Blown out by a team who scored 6 points the week before against the team with the worst record in the league last year? No, I wasn't "told this is what it would be like" and I am sick of it. I didn't expect a playoff team this year. I did expect a competitive team. Evidently, I expected too much.. I drive two hours each way, pay for parking, food and drinks and and $1500 per seat... For This?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Guys, this isn't gonna get better.

It's not that we are losing because we are missing the details or are just outmatched at certain positions.

We are getting killed because systematically something is not right.

Whether it's play calling, preparation, coaching, or something else, but it doesn't look like we are close to anything.

It almost looks like we didn't have a training camp.
I had this same view today. We look lost as any franchise I have seen in the NFL.

Quote:This team legitimately has hope for the first time in several years, it's a matter of crossing the bridge to the Bortles era. But no one is patient enough for that it seems. Even when you were told this is what it would be like.

Nobody said we would be blown out by 31 points by a team that finished WORSE than us last year.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I never thought I would miss Eugene Monroe.  I'm not even sure if he's still playing, but he was better than today.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:You heard the man, quit buying tickets to this trash product. I stopped in 2011 after having season tickets since '04 because they can't sustain a competitive team. If and when they do I'll start driving up and buying season tickets again. He was trying to be a dick about your complaint but what he described isn't worth buying a ticket to.

People dont have to be [BLEEP] about anything. Either go to the games and support, or dont go simple as that.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:Saving this thread for when the jaguars are a monster dynasty.

I hope I'm still alive.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Dude when is that? 2016? We've been waiting since 2008. And the guy that's going to do it is holding a dang clip board...
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

By then the internet will have died from old age.

Quote:As a fan you deserve a ticket to the game when you buy one. Nothing more. You aren't entitled to winning, progress, or anything else no matter how entitled you might feel.

What a bunch of entitled free loading jerks, thinking they deserve progress and a good team.

Buy your ticket and just shut your trap!  Bunch of no good dead beat hippies....

When we say "scoreboard" we're not talking trash.  We really mean, check out those scoreboards !!!

Quote:Told it woul look like this? No yards in a quarter? Blown out by a team on a nine game losing streak? Blown out by a team who scored 6 points the week before against the team with the worst record in the league last year? No, I wasn't "told this is what it would be like" and I am sick of it. I didn't expect a playoff team this year. I did expect a competitive team. Evidently, I expected too much.. I drive two hours each way, pay for parking, food and drinks and and $1500 per seat... For This?

He wants you be to be patient. 1500 dollars plus gas and food is nothing..

Quote:Nobody said we would be blown out by 31 points by a team that finished WORSE than us last year.

No joke..I felt like we are the only team who has not improved, and god forbid May have gotten worse.

Quote:I hope I'm still alive.

Lol

It sucks yes. Frustrating? Oh yeah. Does it make me angry? Hell yeah. And I get the frustration on the board. I wasn't expecting playoffs, but I was expecting us to be competitive. I didn't see this coming. We didn't just look out matched, we looked lost. And yeah Cyp wasn't in, but the back up is supposed to know where to be. There were guys way to open on way too many plays. We also struggled to get any pressure. Offensively it was a cluster.... offensive line, Henne holding the ball too long, dropped passes, unable to open up any run lanes... it was unbelievable that this is the team we are fielding. Having said that I'll still be there Sunday.

Quote:He wants you be to be patient. 1500 dollars plus gas and food is nothing..

I've been patient..for years. I thought we'd be competitive this year. So far, I was wrong. We continue to go backwards.

Quote:He wants you be to be patient. 1500 dollars plus gas and food is nothing

I heard the Jags are going to give away free alcohol and food next year with season tickets. Cannot do it on the field.

Last year I asked the people that scalped tickets and sat right next to us how much they paid for them. They said $10 a pop.

At the time, I was sitting in section 204 where tickets are ~60$.....

If we don't get 6 wins, I will not renew. I will scalp them and save money.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:This team legitimately has hope for the first time in several years, it's a matter of crossing the bridge to the Bortles era. But no one is patient enough for that it seems. Even when you were told this is what it would be like.

I don't remember anybody telling me it would be LIKE THIS.

Who told us the Jags were going to get their Jag-[BLEEP] kicked all over the field for the better part of 3 hours every Sunday, even by teams that only won 3 games last year and had lost 9 games in a row?

No, I don't remember that at all.

I remember being told we were rebuilding, not that we would look like an expansion team that had never played a down of football before this season.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I don't remember anybody telling me it would be LIKE THIS.

Who told us the Jags were going to get their Jag-[BLEEP] kicked all over the field for the better part of 3 hours every Sunday, even by teams that only won 3 games last year and had lost 9 games in a row?

No, I don't remember that at all.

I remember being told we were rebuilding, not that we would look like an expansion team that had never played a down of football before this season.
Expansion teams look better.

Quote:He wants you be to be patient. 1500 dollars plus gas and food is nothing..

I want what you want, a successful team. I think we all do.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato