Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is this the kneejerker forum or the Jaguars forum?

Quote:The responses to todays loss is just pitiful guys. We saw Mr. Chad Hyde virtually all game and a 2nd year head coach make a ton of mistakes. Im not sure where everyone convinced themselves this season wasn't going to be more of the same from last year but its your own fault. How about the positives? It took what 3-4 games for us to get a TD last year? This year? We've got 3. Rough? Sure. But progress nonetheless.

Also, Let Gus grow as a head coach. He knows he's screwed up quite a bit last 2 games and has admitted such. Chuck noll even made fans cringe his first THREE years. I remember my father telling me stories about how the steelers fanbase wanted him fired after the 2nd season.

Henne aka Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde will be replaced eventually

Hurns will heal

Gus will learn from mistakes.

Now relax.

You cannot in your first two games of the 2nd year as a head coach coming off of only 4 wins against weak teams at the end of your season get blown out by more than 35 points in back to back games and not expect fans to be concerned or worried.... nor should anyone expect that fans wouldnt want to see their 3rd overall draft pick be put to use when Chad Henne couldnt even get a first down, sacked 10 times hurried much more, and threw an interception two days ago...

If Gus doesnt want to start Bortles fine, but we better at least come close to winning this home game or a lot of fans are going to seriously wonder about Gus as a HC.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 08:04 AM by Warjag.)

The thing with Gus is he is always preaching to get better. Well while doing that he has become a worse coach.

I beginning to think he is nothing more than a motivational speaker.

Lord I have seen plenty of them over the years being a salesman for a big corporation.

I have a theory that his 'way' has a very short shelf life in the NFL.  When the players don't see the results of the positivity, it actually turns out to be a negative.  When feedback does not match performance in the long term, it creates issues.

His 'way' is a short term solution.  Right now, they need someone yelling their *** off at them and questioning their dedication, etc.  Especially the OL.  I'm sorry but despite PC America, the OL group needs to be called out, big time.

Quote:The thing with Gus is he is always preaching to get better. Well while doing that he has become a worse coach.

I beginning to think he is nothing more than a motivational speaker.

Lord I have seen plenty of them over the years being a salesman for a big corporation.

Right now, Gus Badly is nothing more than the world's highest paid head cheerleader.  They have not shown ONE ounce of coaching ability from this coaching staff, MAYBE the DL coach has earned his pay, but the rest including Badly have earned nothing.

I disagree in that Gus Bradley is a good coach when it comes to Defense, but the loss of Jonathan Cyprien really hurt them.  The problem with a Defensive minded coach is that he needs a really good OC for that side of the ball, and Fisch has some great plays but the Offense is the leagues worst... so i wonder does this team need a bad cop / good cop kind of thing with Gus always being so positive they need a Parcells kind of yelling at you not just for effect kind of thing...

The Defense especially DBs has allowed way too many points but they are also on the field for way too long.... so I say fix the Offense first which is so bad that even a small improvement could go a long way...

start by fixing the run game..

That should be the main focus this week....

They were supposed to be a hard nose running team according to Fisch himself... well we havent seen it

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

His 'way' is a short term solution.  Right now, they need someone yelling their *** off at them and questioning their dedication, etc.  Especially the OL.  
His "way" is great for Pop Warner, but I'm not convinced it's viable in an NFL environment.  This team is in a downward spiral and a cheerleader isn't going to bring us out of it.

Winson Guy's penchant for stupid penalties makes a great example.  Hitting a player who's already on the ground?  Can you imagine Mike Ditka on the sidelines letting a guy just jog by after doing something that dumb?

Not sure if I agree about the O line......I'm afraid the problem is more a lack of talent than dedication.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Didn't realize getting out scored 75-10 in six quarters was acceptable from an NFL team.
100% AGREE.... The Jaguars need to fix the leak before it sinks this ship early into its 2014 voyage.

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana