Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Is this the kneejerker forum or the Jaguars forum?

Quote:Well, you're certainly within your rights to do so. I hope it makes you feel better, it doesn't do a thing for me.

And you have your rights to do what you do as well.
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He's a doofus, who has no idea how a business works, let alone how money works.

EVERY business would fail without the PAYING customer.

:thanks:

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:no need to kneejerk. once RG3 went out we lost the game Cousins makes redskins a playoff team. RG3 they are struggling to win a game.
Doesn't that make getting beat by them the ultimate irony?

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote: :thanks:
You are welcome.

Now all we want is to watch a team that doesn't look like a pee-wee team game in and game out - and we have been asking for this for many years.

Is that too much to ask for?

I guess so. 

Wallbash

Quote:You are welcome.

Now all we want is to watch a team that doesn't look like a pee-wee team game in and game out - and we have been asking for this for many years.

Is that too much to ask for?

I guess so. 

Wallbash

And the team has made many changes over the last 3 seasons to get there, but it simply takes time. The Pats took decades, the Bucs lost 10 games for 10 years, the Browns have been awful for pretty much ever. The time will come and it will come when the O line is ready and Bortles comes in. That's what we're all wanting, right? I know I do and I think every passionate person on here does too.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:And the team has made many changes over the last 3 seasons to get there, but it simply takes time. The Pats took decades, the Bucs lost 10 games for 10 years, the Browns have been awful for pretty much ever. The time will come and it will come when the O line is ready and Bortles comes in. That's what we're all wanting, right? I know I do and I think every passionate person on here does too.
I understand your point, but it has certainly been longer than 3 years of mediocrity.

We "gave" our time and patience to the previous regime's and look how that turned out.

This regime is inching up on significant amount of time to see PROGRESSION not REGRESSION on the field.

I don't call losing by 30+ points progression.

Quote:The fact that sadly that much like you, Snowwolf and the "Play Skynyrd on the intercom and lets get DRUUUUUNK" Jaguar fans are the majority is the reason that owners don't really make much changes and crappy teams stay crappy too long.

Yeah that's it. The irony in your post in regards to intelligence is great.

Quote:The team looked like a CFL team that got lost and wound up at the stadium.  Nobody cares about the loss, the team doesn't look remotely competitive at all.

Take off, eh? We play with heart at least. This Jagwire team are so slow they would freeze to death up here just running a play.

Sincerely,

The Hamilton Tiger Cats
Blakes Life Matters

Quote:The responses to todays loss is just pitiful guys. We saw Mr. Chad Hyde virtually all game and a 2nd year head coach make a ton of mistakes. Im not sure where everyone convinced themselves this season wasn't going to be more of the same from last year but its your own fault. How about the positives? It took what 3-4 games for us to get a TD last year? This year? We've got 3. Rough? Sure. But progress nonetheless.

Also, Let Gus grow as a head coach. He knows he's screwed up quite a bit last 2 games and has admitted such. Chuck noll even made fans cringe his first THREE years. I remember my father telling me stories about how the steelers fanbase wanted him fired after the 2nd season.

Henne aka Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde will be replaced eventually

Hurns will heal

Gus will learn from mistakes.

Now relax.

Dude, thanks for this… Was about ready to call it a week on this board. It's nice to see at least one level head on here.

I'm relaxed.

That doesn't mean I won't voice concern and stay adamant that Blake Bortles needs to start and should have started week 1.

This team looks as bad as last year and then some.  Today was pathetic.  Today was an embarrassment and we weren't competitive in any phase of the game.  There's no excuse for that.  You don't tell people to "be patient" and "relax" after a game like this.  Today wasn't a step forward and I'm confident Bradley knows that.  I'm not saying that we need to fire anyone but this front office and coaching staff are accountable for the poor play we've seen in their 18 games here. 

I know this team was bad when they took over but the guy that can help this team is sitting on the bench with a baseball cap on.  It's moved to the point of being frustrating and on past it.  

This staff has done nothing in terms of results and we as a fan base have been lenient and supportive of them for as little as they have accomplished thus far.  Voicing displeasure is normal given the circumstances of today.  

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 11:10 PM by BasshunterX.)

Quote:Dude, thanks for this… Was about ready to call it a week on this board. It's nice to see at least one level head on here.

Not very many exist on this board unfortunately. I get the fact that we've been really bad for most of the last decade and its getting tiring but jumping to conclusions about this or that is a good way to keep being in a constant state of rebuilding.

Also the fact that some franchises have turned it around after one year like they have some magic property doesn't help fans that don't truely see why that happened and see that those franchises weren't so bad to begin with.

The one thing I criticize bradley and caldwell for doing is keeping bortles on the bench. I get they are afraid of him gabberting but he truely can make everything better.

Quote: The time will come and it will come when the O line is ready and Bortles comes in. That's what we're all wanting, right
There's still a little more than that to it.  We have a completely unproven running back and a promising, but very inexperienced group of receivers.  The defense just gave up 41 to a weak team playing without it's starting QB and #1 receiver.  Gus needs to take a hard look in the mirror because the coaching mistakes yesterday were just plain embarrassing.  It's also a real possibility the O line will be a disaster all year, we may not have starter talent at C & RG. 

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Lots of knee-jerk, emotional and uninformed posting going on, but it's hard to blame them.  

I just hope this team can conjure up some magic and become remotely competitive - or I may have to log off for a few weeks.  I understand the reactions, but I'm not sure how much of it I care to wade through to actually talk football. 

Quote:The responses to todays loss is just pitiful guys. We saw Mr. Chad Hyde virtually all game and a 2nd year head coach make a ton of mistakes. Im not sure where everyone convinced themselves this season wasn't going to be more of the same from last year but its your own fault. How about the positives? It took what 3-4 games for us to get a TD last year? This year? We've got 3. Rough? Sure. But progress nonetheless.

Also, Let Gus grow as a head coach. He knows he's screwed up quite a bit last 2 games and has admitted such. Chuck noll even made fans cringe his first THREE years. I remember my father telling me stories about how the steelers fanbase wanted him fired after the 2nd season.

Henne aka Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde will be replaced eventually

Hurns will heal

Gus will learn from mistakes.

Now relax.

Pretty much spot on for the most part.  Prior to the season starting, people were "expecting" an 8-8 season at best (myself included).  Many were predicting possibly 5 or 6 wins.  Suddenly, since we get off to an 0-2 start people start calling for heads and second guessing what is being built here.

That being said, I always say that I want to see improvement.  I did see that in week 1, but in week 2 I saw a huge regression back to last season's form.  I don't like to lose, but if I have to lose at least make it competitive.

Is it injuries?  Lack of experience?  Lack of talent?  Not preparing properly?  Who knows for sure?  I would guess that it's probably a combination of all of those and then some.

I just want to see the team evaluate yesterday's performance, learn from the mistakes that were made and correct them.  The most important thing not only for the team, but us as fans is to stay positive.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Please stop acting like we aren't good little soldier fans because of our reactions.  As a fan of this team, I'm entitled to my overreaction.  The worst thing that can happen is apathy.  Be glad people are passionate about the team.  You don't need to pat each other on the back for your unending blind faith in the team.

Everyone who is acting like 2015 is going to be the year needs to pay attention to the start of this season.  I'd love to get some take aways other than lost team, lacking talent and oh so competitive in practice.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Quote:Please stop acting like we aren't good little soldier fans because of our reactions.  As a fan of this team, I'm entitled to my overreaction.  The worst thing that can happen is apathy.  Be glad people are passionate about the team.  You don't need to pat each other on the back for your unending blind faith in the team.

Everyone who is acting like 2015 is going to be the year needs to pay attention to the start of this season.  I'd love to get some take aways other than lost team, lacking talent and oh so competitive in practice.

It's a two way street. You're entitled to overreact. I'm entitled to be incredibly disappointed without calling every player a bust and every coach a bum. 

I don't actually remember being turned off by any of your posts specifically, but when 23 threads pop up in the space of an 24 hours that all contain:

ErrhhMahGerdKhanisSoStoopid,Ican'tStandDumbFischZBSsuperGarbageWorstSlowestRB_evarrHateTheseCoachesBubbleScreenStretchPlayBlahhhhhhhGobbleDyGookSoAngryHenneDumpsterFireGetRidOf Everyone!!!!! 

…then I can have an opinion on the ridiculousness of it all.  

One can point out what one finds ridiculous.  Can I point out how fascinating it is to observe the ridiculousness of pointing how the ridiculousness of critiquing a MB that just watched a ridicoulous showing in all facets of the game?  

I don't remember many negative comments about Khan, except for maybe by one poster which I'm pretty sure got banned.  

But I think the rest of the team, players and coaches, deserved the complete and total evisceration by the fans that occurred yesterday.  Yesterday was a carbon copy of what we saw in the 1st 8 games of last year.  Inept offense, horrible coaching and play calling, gassed and over-run defense.  To expect a chin up attitude by every person on this MB is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. 

But me posting to this whole thread is kind of ridiculous too.  It's all absurdly inane and deserves our ridicule.  I cast those mouse breeders to the slums of Hades where the Gate Keeper and Key Master will scoff at their over-reactions as Gozer lights flames of eternal ridiculousness upon their backsides.

There, that should do it.

Quote:Lots of knee-jerk, emotional and uninformed posting going on, but it's hard to blame them.  

I just hope this team can conjure up some magic and become remotely competitive - or I may have to log off for a few weeks.  I understand the reactions, but I'm not sure how much of it I care to wade through to actually talk football.

I was there last season around week 4. Sometimes it's nice to go away for a while. I usually enjoy your posts and POV but if you gotta get away for a while it can be beneficial. I'll probably end up doing the same.
"Sucess Is Not a Goal, It is a By-product"

Quote:One can point out what one finds ridiculous.  Can I point out how fascinating it is to observe the ridiculousness of pointing how the ridiculousness of critiquing a MB that just watched a ridicoulous showing in all facets of the game?  

I don't remember many negative comments about Khan, except for maybe by one poster which I'm pretty sure got banned.  

But I think the rest of the team, players and coaches, deserved the complete and total evisceration by the fans that occurred yesterday.  Yesterday was a carbon copy of what we saw in the 1st 8 games of last year.  Inept offense, horrible coaching and play calling, gassed and over-run defense.  To expect a chin up attitude by every person on this MB is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. 

But me posting to this whole thread is kind of ridiculous too.  It's all absurdly inane and deserves our ridicule.  I cast those mouse breeders to the slums of Hades where the Gate Keeper and Key Master will scoff at their over-reactions as Gozer lights flames of eternal ridiculousness upon their backsides.

There, that should do it.

"Ray, when someone asks you if you're a god, you say "YES"!"

Okay yes it is silly to start additional carbon copy threads making the same points ad nauseam.  So yes, I can see that point.  In general, I am glad the fans are still passionate to a degree even with the embarrassing loses.  It does become difficult to comb through numerous threads.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.