Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What does Gerhart do for us?

Toby is an ok back when the holes are open & he doesn't have to use vision or make a cut back.He's just not gonna make a good play out of a bad play. D.Rob atleast has the potential to make a play , he needs to be more involved.

Not to hijack this thread but I got a serious question.

Has Henne made any good audibles at the line of scrimmage these 1st two games ?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Could have saved a lot of cap space by signing a free-agent at minimum salary to avg 1.0x yards per carry.

Run about a 4.75 40 and have no vision and break no tackles.

He gets tackled surprisingly easily.

So far, all he's done was take up a roster spot..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

He's the Tebow of running backs.  He thinks he's a running back but he's actually built for FB, h-back in the NFL.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 06:33 PM by muddylips.)

Quote:I know our o-line is garbage, but this guy is just . . . completely unimpressive. He's like an even slower MJD. I'd rather have D-rob out there. 
Toby is a 'power' runner; he isn't real fast and he doesn't have real impressive moves to make defenders miss him. He is a 'put your head down and knock the (bad word removed) out of 'em, 'north/south back... if he's behind a good run blocking line, If you were to look up ' 3 yards and a cloud of dust' in the dictionary, you would find Toby's picture there.

The problem is we don't have a good run blocking line, without which Toby is kind'a pointless. Literally.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I know our o-line is garbage, but this guy is just . . . completely unimpressive. He's like an even slower MJD. I'd rather have D-rob out there. 

Who's D-Rob?  You mean that #16 guy that is supposed to be 2nd on our depth chart at RB but never gets to run the ball?

I think that guy caught 1 pass today.  Really amazing how we utilize our speed.  I think our OC is very smart at running our slowest guy on stretch plays  and not using any other running back.   Wallbash

I remember when free agency started out I thought we were really picking up steam. Then we signed Toby. My heart sunk. I kid you not.

Quote:I remember when free agency started out I thought we were really picking up steam. Then we signed Toby. My heart sunk. I kid you not.

Really?   I was kinda happy with the Gerhart pick up at first.  Even in pre-season I thought he showed burst in the little playing time he got.  

Watching him now is very disappointing.  But...

Isn't the cliche that the coach is supposed to put his players in the best positions to be successfull?

Dude, Fish is not helping Gerhart's opportunities in the way he's being utilized at this point.

It seems like people hate on Prisco a lot, but he nailed how teams should find runningbacks.

Don't spend big bucks on one in FA or draft one early (unless it's a Gio type).

Can easily find a capable one later in the draft or cheap somewhere else.

Quote:It seems like people hate on Prisco a lot, but he nailed how teams should find runningbacks.

Don't spend big bucks on one in FA or draft one early (unless it's a Gio type).

Can easily find a capable one later in the draft or cheap somewhere else.

We tried that with Storm Johnson. He sucks too.

The thing about Gerhart is that he is horrible for the zone stretch scheme. Dont sign a player who fits your scheme poorly... or adjust your scheme.

But I was told our RB's are fine

MJD made a living looking great on 8 and 9 man fronts

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Smh told most of yall we should have kept moho.

I'd honestly rather have MJD again than Gerhart at this point. He's got nothing going for him.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

While he is not very good, look at what he did in Minn. He wasn't that great but he was a hell of a lot better than here. The line is more of a problem. Would still like to see Drob though.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:We tried that with Storm Johnson. He sucks too.

Didn't realize he was already done, same for Robinson.

It's a much better way of a finding a RB than using high picks or spending big money on one.

Quote:While he is not very good, look at what he did in Minn. He wasn't that great but he was a hell of a lot better than here. The line is more of a problem. Would still like to see Drob though.

Pshhhh..  Why see D-Rob.  Fish knows better.  He's already determined that Gerhart is the best option on every single down, distance, and situation.  We need to just cut all our RBs because Fish just wants to pound out Gerhart on every play.  Eventually he'll break one for 7 or 8 yards, right?  

I mean, does nobody else see the fact that if the OC keeps doing the same thing over and over that he may not be a very good OC?  Is it just me?  Am I being hyper critical here?

He has disappointed so far but he is a back who needs to get into a rhythm to be successful and so far with our offense he's had no chance to get that. DRob did look better in preseason.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.