Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Washington Game

Quote:Yes or no.

Is Bortles  bigger, faster, stronger?

Is Bortles more mobile?

Can Bortles throw better on the run than Chad Henne?

Can Bortles use his legs/size/ability to avoid sacks better than Chad Henne?

Has Bortles ever shown the tendency to Gabbert it up and fall into a sack like Chad Henne did on a few occasions today? College or otherwise.

Has Bortles not shown better pocket presence and awareness than Chad ever has in his time has a Jaguar?

Have we not seen Bortles go through progressions and make calls/adjustments at the line already in preseason?  Some of those being successful changes.  He's not always gone through progressions and a few times he's stared guys down but the difference between him and Henne in that department is pretty big in my opinion.  Chad locks his eyes down and passes get batted down because of it.

These questions are for anyone, not any single person.
Yup I dont know what he has to do, he passed all the tests 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:For the record, at this stage, this offensive line is worse than the expansion year OL (minus Boselli).

Yes, they are also younger.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Defense is gonna look bad when the offense is terrible the whole game, WRs cant do nothing when the QB sucks

It's not the QB that stinks based on what I saw today.  Bortles is gonna stink just as bad.

When you run sweeps and off-tackles with Gerhart and then put a 2 RB formation with RBs that are no threat, and then ask the QB to take a 5-7 step drop behind a horrible O-Line, you're gonna have an outhouse type offense where flies are circling the porcelain.  

Quote:Like clockwork.

Chad Henne was not the only problem and never was but he happens to be a large part of the problem with a solution already on the roster.

Chad Henne isn't good enough and the fact that this team stuck with him is almost asinine at this point.  He should not have ever been our starting QB to be honest, regardless if we have Bortles or not.  He's simply not any good.  

Exactly. He looks like he doesn't want to  be here anymore. I know getting sacked nine times is bad, but do not throw a pitty party. If he wants to remain a starting QB he should start chucking the ball out of bounds instead of letting himself get sacked.

The running game has to step up. Henne cannot throw the ball every play. O-line has to grow out of this funk.

Tackling needs to be improved. I agree with you on keeping Bortles away from this oline.
Formerly known as The Real Joker

Our scheme, offensive and defensive seems to be losing its appeal.  Other teams have no trouble exploiting either.

Henne was our lead rusher with 17 yards 

[Image: mikewoodsonface.gif]

Good read and spot on the OP.

Bradley and Caldwell are on the hot spot!

Quote:You are not giving Bortles much credit.

Yes, there are many, many problems present on this team...

But a good, competent QB can alleviate many of those problems.

Not saying it will be a complete 180 degree switch, but at this point why do we even have Henne?

Agreed.  Andrew Luck and the Colts, a team in are very own division, is the perfect example of this.

Quote:Henne had time to get rid of the ball on half of the sacks. Bortles also would have avoided the pressure much better than henne

Yeah, right...  And Bortles can turn coal into diamonds.  Bortles also comes down your chimney  on Christmas and fills your stalking full of intelligence...  

Quote:It's not the QB that stinks based on what I saw today.  

I can't take you serious after this.

Quote:For the record, at this stage, this offensive line is worse than the expansion year OL (minus Boselli).

Yet this front office decided to roll with it.  That is the most frightening thing.

Quote:Agreed.  Andrew Luck and the Colts, a team in are very own division, is the perfect example of this.

LOL, Andrew Luck would be a total bust under Fish.  It's just that simple

Yes my assessment to!

Quote:I can't take you serious after this.

I  haven't taken you serious in quite a while.  So I guess we're even?   Smile

Quote:Agreed on every single point.

My thing is putting him in at this point, with the mass incompetence on the OL, is akin to bailing out the Titanic with a coffee mug.

If you agree on every point then you should agree he will make the entire offense better just by being in the game.  Because all of those things give the offensive line a better chance than they have with Henne at QB.  A considerable better chance.

Blake needs to be named the starter tomorrow and let him prepare with the first team for the entire week and let him show us what he's got.  He will struggle at times and take his lumps but he's shown he's capable of handling himself and earned the opportunity to do so.

Quote:Agreed on every single point.

My thing is putting him in at this point, with the mass incompetence on the OL, is akin to bailing out the Titanic with a coffee mug.

You just need a bigger stronger mug.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:I  haven't taken you serious in quite a while.  So I guess we're even?   Smile

I guess the truth hurts.

You can dream up all the excuses you want but a major solution is on the bench right now.  

Quote:LOL, Andrew Luck would be a total bust under Fish.  It's just that simple

Whatever.

He's made that Colts team a competitive team and that roster stinks on ice.

Quote:Bortles also comes down your chimney  on Christmas and fills your stalking full of intelligence...  

Yes.. quite.