Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Washington Game

Quote:You just need a bigger stronger mug.
So the blame goes to the person who bought the wrong mug, right?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I guess the truth hurts.

You can dream up all the excuses you want but a major solution is on the bench right now.  

LOL, really?

Bortles handing off to Gerhart for a sweep or an off-tackle play that take time to develop is gonna all of sudden work?

Get out of here with your non-sense.  You have no idea what you're watching if you think that's the case.

Quote:Yet this front office decided to roll with it.  That is the most frightening thing.

That's after telling us all off-season that they weren't really worried about the offensive line, or center for that matter.  I hear Brewster is looking really good this year, so I'm not too worried either.

Quote:LOL, really?

Bortles handing off to Gerhart for a sweep or an off-tackle play that take time to develop is gonna all of sudden work?

Get out of here with your non-sense.  You have no idea what you're watching if you think that's the case.

That's an isolated play.

As a whole this offense will be better with more competent QB play, yes?

Do you consider Chad Henne's play acceptable?  Average?  Good?

Quote:Whatever.

He's made that Colts team a competitive team and that roster stinks on ice.

OK, well we'll see when Bortles comes in.  Seriously, how do you expect the "savior" to do anything based on the lack of vision and coaching that we saw today and last week by the OC?

You honestly think that Fish is smart enough to figure it out just because Bortles is better than Henne?

Again, I will say it.  Bortles will need to be an HOF caliber  QB to overcome the deficiencies with the offensive line and the coaching staff.

Quote:LOL, really?

Have you not seen a team rally around a certain player who they believe in?

Hell, it even occurred this preseason with our own team when Bortles came in the game to play... 

Some guys just make the other players play better... Plain and simple.

If you have not seen something like this, then you have not watch much football.

Quote:That's an isolated play.

As a whole this offense will be better with more competent QB play, yes?

Do you consider Chad Henne's play acceptable?  Average?  Good?

Isolated play?  It happened the ENTIRE GAME.

Henne's play was bad.  Hennes play was pathetic.  He never figured out what the D was doing.  He never seemed to audible out of any of the horrible play calls that Fish put in.

So are you saying that Bortles is so much better than Henne that he can recognize that every single dung stanked play that Fish calls needs to be audibled out of?

Quote:Defense is gonna look bad when the offense is terrible the whole game, WRs cant do nothing when the QB sucks

What about the 2nd play of the game (the should-have been Desean Jackson catch)?

The offense certainly doesn't help the defense with their inability to stay on the field, but the defense doesn't need the offense to make them look bad. They do that more than well enough on their own.

This team is just flat out bad. In all facets of the game.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

My impression is there is not enough alcohol in the world to cover being a Jag fan.  

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 05:27 PM by Jaguar Warrior.)

Quote:Have you not seen a team rally around a certain player who they believe in?

Hell, it even occurred this preseason with our own team when Bortles came in the game to play... 

If you have not seen something like this, then you have not watch much football.

Agreed.

There is a certain level of psychology in the game that we cannot observe, nor is it measurable. We will only witness it when it happens. You guys don't like to hear it, but Tebow was one of those players. Luck is another, same with Manning and Brady. Some players have that aura that bring out the best in an offense or defense. Doesn't necesarily mean that player is good, but it is contagious. Chad does not have this aura.

Quote:Have you not seen a team rally around a certain player who they believe in?

I hope you're right, man.  I really do.  But I'll need to see it to believe it.  I hope that Bortles can turn this poo that is circling the drain around.  I really do.  I watched Bortles the entire pre-season.  He looked great.

But he can't change the personnel packages that come in.  But you're right.  If he's as great as we saw in the pre-season, he can overcome the deficiencies of this coaching staff....

I hope that he's that great.  Cuz he's gonna have to be.  Fish is an absolute pile of rancid lard that deserves to be deep fried, ingested by Rosie O'Donnel, digested by her large intestines, and then expunged onto Jeff Fisher's mustache.  With all due respect, of course.

Quote:I hope you're right, man.  I really do.  But I'll need to see it to believe it.  I hope that Bortles can turn this poo that is circling the drain around.  I really do.  I watched Bortles the entire pre-season.  He looked great.

But he can't change the personnel packages that come in.  But you're right.  If he's as great as we saw in the pre-season, he can overcome the deficiencies of this coaching staff....

I hope that he's that great.  Cuz he's gonna have to be.  Fish is an absolute pile of rancid lard that deserves to be deep fried, ingested by Rosie O'Donnel, digested by her large intestines, and then expunged onto Jeff Fisher's mustache.  With all due respect, of course.
That's the thing that Bortles showed us this preseason.

He is capable of getting us out of a crappy play and calling an audible into a favorable one for us... 

The boy knows how to command the line, and the game, based off of what we have seen so far.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 05:33 PM by J-Mizzal.)

Quote:What about the 2nd play of the game (the should-have been Desean Jackson catch)?

The offense certainly doesn't help the defense with their inability to stay on the field, but the defense doesn't need the offense to make them look bad. They do that more than well enough on their own.

This team is just flat out bad. In all facets of the game.
I'm not saying the defense will be shutting teams out, every defense gives up big plays, but our defense wouldnt allow 30 and 40 points, if the offense moved the ball some and sustained some drives, we cant even get pass the 50 yard line

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

Quote:That's the thing that Bortles showed us this preseason.

He is capable of getting us out of a crappy play and calling an audible into a favorable one for us... 

The boy knows how to command the line, and the game, based off of what we have seen so far.

Yeah, I remember.  But that was pre-season.  

You're right though.  He's all we got left to hang our hats on.  Without Bortles this team is pretty much a lost cause.

I'm just worried that even he cannot over-ride the problems on this team.  I hope I'm wrong.

I'll say this.  It's time to put the kid in.  Based on what Fish is doing, I doubt he's learning any more than what he's gonna learn under this OC.  Might as well get him out there and let him figure out what it means to be a starting NFL QB.

I share everyone's frustration with the neolithic incompetence displayed by the entire team.

I am not sure Fisch is to blame for poor playcalling.

There is only so much he can do to keep opposing defenses off balance when you can't run the ball and teams KNOW you can't run the ball.

Gerhart averaged 1.1 YPC today against a DL that was missing its top TWO NTs.

Worst to 1st.  Curse Reversed!

Quote:I'm not saying the defense will be shutting teams out, every defense gives up big plays, but our defense wouldnt allow 30 and 40 points, if the offense moved the move some, we cant even get pass the 50 yard line

Even if the defense gives up points every single drive, they still can't give up as much overall if we aren't giving the opponent a 3:1 time of possession lead.  That's just math.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/511264004187357184' title="4:23 PM - 14 Sep 2014">10m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Jaguars DE Red Bryant (1/2): "Every man in here has do some soul searching, get back here and make it right. ..."

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/511264153362001920' title="4:24 PM - 14 Sep 2014">9m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Bryant (2/2): "We can't keep using the excuse of, 'This is a young team.' This is the National Football League. We're all men."

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;">Amen Red Bryant.

Well, this one is easy to figure out at least. Henne was SACKED 10 times today. It has been said that as a QB goes, so goes the team. That might apply to most teams but certainly not this one. As the OL goes, so goes the team. For those of you who might be calling for Bortles to start..............are you crazy............you wanna kill him? This game was an embarrassment for EVERYONE. How many of us wish we would have had to work today rather than watch this game..............it was pure ugly. Toby carried 7 times for 8 yards. Sure, he stunk it up pretty bad but if there are NO HOLES,,,what do you expect? Remember Henne got sacked 10 times today and that's not because the OL was good on run blocking but sucked at pass protection. THEY SUCKED THE ENTIRE DAY. Not much more to be said about this game so it's time to check out and think about somethng else. Today was a disaster and there is nowhere to look for any positives. We shall find out what the character on this team is all about come next week at this time. Until then, we as fans should concentrate on "anything other" than the Jaguars.

Quote:I'm not saying the defense will be shutting teams out, every defense gives up big plays, but our defense wouldnt allow 30 and 40 points, if the offense moved the ball some and sustained some drives, we cant even get pass the 50 yard line

Quote:Even if the defense gives up points every single drive, they still can't give up as much overall if we aren't giving the opponent a 3:1 time of possession lead.  That's just math.

Both points are true. I just don't think there will be any significant improvement from the defense just by the offense sustaining drives. Sure they might hold teams to less points, but, I'm just not impressed with the defense at all. I don't think they're good enough to consistently win with, whether or not the offense does anything on the other side of the ball. :confused:

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin

Quote:I share everyone's frustration with the neolithic incompetence displayed by the entire team.

I am not sure Fisch is to blame for poor playcalling.

There is only so much he can do to keep opposing defenses off balance when you can't run the ball and teams KNOW you can't run the ball.

Gerhart averaged 1.1 YPC today against a DL that was missing its top TWO NTs.

Bullseye,

If you run extended plays with Gerhart, what do you expect?  

I'm sorry, but the packages and formations that Fish ran based on down and distance made it really obvious what was coming.