Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Impressions from the Washington Game

Quote:I hesitate to even call it a "line" it's so dysfunctional.  I hope they roll with Bowanko at center and anyone but Bradfield at RT the rest of the way.    Maybe Frenchie will be back soon.  

The whole line was bad, but Beadles,McClendon and Bradfield were whiffing or getting beat way too much.  
If it is the line, I wonder if it maybe be because the correct calls aren't getting called protection wise. I don't know McClendon but he doesn't come off as the brightest bulb in the box. Could it be possible he isn't making the right protection calls. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:I hesitate to even call it a "line" it's so dysfunctional.  I hope they roll with Bowanko at center and anyone but Bradfield at RT the rest of the way.    Maybe Frenchie will be back soon.  

The whole line was bad, but Beadles,McClendon and Bradfield were whiffing or getting beat way too much.  

It was embarrassing. Beadles especially. He's a veteran and was a "prized free agent". He's been as bad as Rackley.

Quote:Just to play devils advocate, if we run the exact same plays and we are wildly more successful then it's tough to fault play calling over play running, however that would solidify that our shiny Knight should have been starting to begin with and then those who make decisions should then have their decisions questioned

Yes, I can see your point and would not be against it.  

I would at this point, however make a distinction between the OC and the HC.  I'm assuming the HC is allowing the OC the ability to make the offensive decisions.  So yeah, either way, I am of the opinion that the OC is not worthy of his position.

If Bortles comes in and kills it, it does make one wonder why they kept him out this long.  

But let me ask you this...  If Bortles comes in and starts to audible out of all of Fish's plays, what does that say about Fish?  And I'll be honest, I have a feeling that Bortles would be calling alot of audibles on the line based on the formations and plays we've seen so far.

The only way I would concede that Fish may actually be good is if we all of a sudden see an entire new package of plays, personnel packages, and formations once Bortles starts.

Do you see that happening?  Do you think they are holding back all the offense because of the complete lack of faith in Henne?  And if so, why the heck did they sign him in the off season???

Yeah, the O-Line is atrocious.  There is no doubt about it.

Quote:Yes, I can see your point and would not be against it.

I would at this point, however make a distinction between the OC and the HC. I'm assuming the HC is allowing the OC the ability to make the offensive decisions. So yeah, either way, I am of the opinion that the OC is not worthy of his position.

If Bortles comes in and kills it, it does make one wonder why they kept him out this long.

But let me ask you this... If Bortles comes in and starts to audible out of all of Fish's plays, what does that say about Fish? And I'll be honest, I have a feeling that Bortles would be calling alot of audibles on the line based on the formations and plays we've seen so far.

The only way I would concede that Fish may actually be good is if we all of a sudden see an entire new package of plays, personnel packages, and formations once Bortles starts.

Do you see that happening? Do you think they are holding back all the offense because of the complete lack of faith in Henne? And if so, why the heck did they sign him in the off season???
Your question is a little hard to answer for this reason (variables)

That meaning, without the knowledge of what the audibles are for each package or what the audible line shifts are or what the hot routes are it's really tough to say, so essentially Chad could have the exact same play called in to him as Blake and the difference is the way each one reads or perceives what the defense is trying to do then run a play to outwit that

I know the above is a little confusing to read but it's kind of an example of what I'm talking about, one person may be able to read it through one time without hesitation, while another may struggle
A good loser is a good loser

Jags season so far...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkuNpgACH0

Quote:Your question is a little hard to answer for this reason (variables)

That meaning, without the knowledge of what the audibles are for each package or what the audible line shifts are or what the hot routes are it's really tough to say, so essentially Chad could have the exact same play called in to him as Blake and the difference is the way each one reads or perceives what the defense is trying to do then run a play to outwit that

I know the above is a little confusing to read but it's kind of an example of what I'm talking about, one person may be able to read it through one time without hesitation, while another may struggle

Of course.  We're talking about "what if's" at this point.  

However, let me say this:  During the pre-season I saw with my own 2 eyes Bortles call audibles into plays that were successfull.  I do not recall Henne calling any audibles--either in pre-season or these last 2 regular season games.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the Henne audibles.  I'm sure someone will!

So with that said, I think BB5 can make the correct read.  I think it's time for him to get some real life experience in these situations.

Quote:Agreed on every single point.

My thing is putting him in at this point, with the mass incompetence on the OL, is akin to bailing out the Titanic with a coffee mug.
Smile

Bortles would help with some things. But here's the thing; lets say that Blake does lead the team to a couple of wins that Chad might not have. Is risking your future franchise quarterback worth getting a couple of probably pointless wins at this point? I say this because it seems painfully obvious that the Jags are looking like a team that will be in the cellar again at the end of the season, BB2 or no BB2. We all knew going into this that next season (2015) was going to be our year to push for the playoffs, not this year. It's just that we thought the team would be better than laughing stocks again this year...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote: Smile

Bortles would help with some things. But here's the thing; lets say that Blake does lead the team to a couple of wins that Chad might not have. Is risking your future franchise quarterback worth getting a couple of probably pointless wins at this point? I say this because it seems painfully obvious that the Jags are looking like a team that will be in the cellar again at the end of the season, BB2 or no BB2. We all knew going into this that next season (2015) was going to be our year to push for the playoffs, not this year. It's just that we thought the team would be better than laughing stocks again this year...

If we're gonna push for the playoffs, might as well get your playoff caliber QB reps in real life now.  Otherwise 2015 will be a staging period for 2016...   

Quote:If it is the line, I wonder if it maybe be because the correct calls aren't getting called protection wise. I don't know McClendon but he doesn't come off as the brightest bulb in the box. Could it be possible he isn't making the right protection calls. 
It's possible.  The interviews I've seen with Mcclendon suggest he actually is a bright guy, but who knows?  

I really think it just boils down to talent. Or lack thereof.  Brewster was supposed to come along in year 3 and become the center many projected he would be after a solid college campaign. Didn't happen. We settled for McClendon who just isn't getting it done. 

Joeckel hasn't quite made the NFL adjustment yet, but I wouldn't give up on him just yet. He struggled today at times. 

Beadles is a disappointment thus far and has work to do if he wants to live up to his paycheck (or continue to receive it).

Bradfield oddly played better at LT last year and looks inept at RT this year and hopefully Pasztor is back there in a week or two. 

RG is a rookie - so growing pains are expected. 

I think it's a mixture of patchwork, youth and one bad FA signing that adds up to one big row of stink up front.  I can't imagine anyone's play calling or playbook working behind that line. 

It looks like we have way too many holes to be targeting 2015 for anything. For me I would not be rushing for the Debbie downer view without it being obvious that the 4 wins and play to end 2013 were the result of other teams collapsing then anything we did.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.