Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Del Rio

I think we under estimated this guy. He had some trash on his team, and he got everything out of them. I think what did him in was Gene Smith. The crap he gave him to work with, pathetic.

Gus on the other hand. Has a better QB and D line , and he can't get these guys to play. Del Rio would have this team either winning the first two games or have them close until the end...I'm not sure if Gus knows what he is doing...so frustrating watching him on the sideline looking confused like Mularkey..
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

in b4 Omaha's #1

Gus has a better d-line? Del Rio had Stroud and Henderson. What are you smoking?

Shaddup
Blakes Life Matters

After that era. In talking the Gene Smith era... Not shack

I dont think i agree with you as a whole. I did enjoy JDR alot back in the days tho.

Quote:I think we under estimated this guy. He had some trash on his team, and he got everything out of them. I think what did him in was Gene Smith. The crap he gave him to work with, pathetic.

Gus on the other hand. Has a better QB and D line , and he can't get these guys to play. Del Rio would have this team either winning the first two games or have them close until the end...I'm not sure if Gus knows what he is doing...so frustrating watching him on the sideline looking confused like Mularkey..
I liked JDR... The guy got us in the playoffs more than once, and we even played lights out and won in the playoffs. 

I think we made a huge mistake letting Coughlin go too. The guy got the Giants two super-bowl wins. Obviously his career is coming to an end, but man...

"We feel good about that"

He certainly kept us more competitive.

Del Rio had DG as his QB.

Del Rio had Henderson and Stroud on the D line.

Get out of here with your non-sense.  The OP has no clue

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 04:47 PM by Markulous.)

Del Rio had a prime MJD and a top run blocking O-line.

I don't know what you mean by a better QB.  Garrard was hands down better than Henne and Gabbert wasn't too far off from Henne (which JDR really wasn't a part of).

Quote:Gus has a better d-line? Del Rio had Stroud and Henderson. What are you smoking?

The OP is an moron.  He has no clue what he's talking about.  

This conversation is stupid and should be locked for lack of foresight AND hindsight.

Post shack era, meaning gabbert. Plus Gus has BB sitting on the bench. If he's still there next week, he has come into question about his intentions..

JDR was a good coach, IMO. But after 8 years, his message got stale with the players. His GM's also failed on giving him a competent, long-term answer at QB.

They are probably both sub-par coaches.  Hopefully Gus learns from his mistakes an ACTUALLY gets better.  It starts with this whole scheme we are running.  Time to learn some more offensive and defensive strategies because this isnt going to work.

Quote:Post shack era, meaning gabbert. Plus Gus has BB sitting on the bench. If he's still there next week, he has come into question about his intentions..

So you mean the 11 games he had Gabbert? Ok

I don't think we under estimated Del Rio, I think a lot of us underestimated Garrard. I for one will openly admit I gave Garrard a lot of crap; But what did he ever really have to work with? MSW? Mike Thomas? Where are these guys now? Exactly. Yet he was capable of still keeping us competitive, even when a lot of the fans turned on him.

Lets not all put on the rose colored goggles all at once, Del Rio was a mediocre couch at best and it showed. Look at his final season where he has relatively equivalent talent that we have now; he did nothing.

Quote:I don't think we under estimated Del Rio, I think a lot of us underestimated Garrard. I for one will openly admit I gave Garrard a lot of crap; But what did he ever really have to work with? MSW? Mike Thomas? Where are these guys now? Exactly. Yet he was capable of still keeping us competitive, even when a lot of the fans turned on him.

Lets not all put on the rose colored goggles all at once, Del Rio was a mediocre couch at best and it showed. Look at his final season where he has relatively equivalent talent that we have now; he did nothing.

I agree with you. It just seems things have not changed post del rio. After 2011 it's been blow outs and excuses. All I'm saying is Del Rio at least kept the team competitive. No?

Some people are always so quick to jump down someone's throat for an opinion.

I miss the jack del rio sub from Angies..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I could be off a little in my timeline but didn't the Jags start deteriorating when DC Mike Smith went to Atlanta.