Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Hurns' season in jeopardy because of inconceivable situational coaching

Given the way Gus was managing using our remaining timeouts, it was obvious they were just "playing it out" which when you're getting blown out is the equivalent of a saving face knee to just get out of the game. Instead, he decides to not let the run off happen, take a timeout, and now a very promising player and one of the only bright spots on the offense gets severely injured. And for what? This may be the worst game I've seen from top to bottom from this team in 20 years. Pathetic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Completely agree. Just absolutely horrific coaching

Quote:Given the way Gus was managing using our remaining timeouts, it was obvious they were just "playing it out" which when you're getting blown out is the equivalent of a saving face knee to just get out of the game. Instead, he decides to not let the run off happen, take a timeout, and now a very promising player and one of the only bright spots on the offense gets severely injured. And for what? This may be the worst game I've seen from top to bottom from this team in 20 years. Pathetic.

Oh man. What injury? I turned the game off

It was very alarming.

Carried off field..... longest carry jags had all game

Quote:It was very alarming.

What what

Staff looks like a freaking joke right now. This is a dumpster fire. Bad coaching, bad personell decisions.

Dumb coaching.

Terrible decisions two weeks in a row.

All this rah rah positive guy attitude won't get us off his back.

Results or GTFO, Gus (and Dave).
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 04:36 PM by dwolf.)

Yep, Gus took credit for not calling time out last week. This week he needs to take personal responsibility for the Hurns injury.

The Gus juice has turned sour. This team was in no way prepared.

Khan can start building bigger pools so they can knock out more seats....with this performance I can't see this bunch of chumps being a big draw.

Just when you think this team can't embarrass themselves as bad as last year....they redeeeem them selves and achieve it.
Blakes Life Matters

I agree...On 4th down, with absolutely no chance of anything positive happening, why would you throw the ball and risk a very avoidable injury? Just run the ball and catch the plane home. I understand playing to the whistle, but come on man! Ridiculous!

Hurns was carried off after he got landed on after making a catch on the last play. He didn't put any weight on his left leg and looked to be in serious pain.
60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

That timeout to end the first half was a nice coaching touch as well. Move Gus to a newly designed "team cheerleader" spot and hire a real coach.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

His style may attract players but if his idiotic coaching gets people injured the style won't matter.

How did Hurns get hurt? I didn't see the game. 

Quote:Hurns needed to be helped off the field and was spotted using crutches after the game, suggesting the receiver didn't suffer just a minor injury. He'll likely undergo X-rays over the 24 hours, at which point the Jaguars should have a better idea about the extent of the injury.

Pissed at Gus
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

I missed it.

Tough part is a promising UDFA not making much money may now have a season or even a career ending injury.

What happens when a player gets hurt on a contract like he would have?

He should call Ferra & Ferra and sue.

Seriously though......Jags fans might want to start a donation site for him.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson