Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Allen Hurns' season in jeopardy because of inconceivable situational coaching

Quote:I'm not sure how anyone can spin anything here.

The whole "wait and see" mentality is all well and good when there are positives to look at.  There is nothing positive here.

The last ACE in this coaching and GM staff's pocket is Bortles.  And to be honest, it's not gonna make a lick of difference.  The OC runs sweeps and off-tackle runs to Gerhart, a slow power RB.  The HC has no clue that he should be telling the OC to get his head out from his back-side.

It does indeed seem like a total cluster of monkey fornication at this point.  The OC is lost.  The HC isn't directing the OC to stop being so dumb.  On top of that, the O-Line is as bad if not worst than last year.  

It's not looking good, folks.  

Maybe today was just an abberation.  But man, this is looking just like last year.  Which looked just like the year before that.

I can't like this enough. 

The amount of absurd, stupid plays I've seen with Gerhart on the outside are pathetic. I honestly believe they're trying to make something out of nothing with him, but he's not now nor will he ever be the answer to this team at RB. 

He got his spell plays in MN where he looked good, and probably for much different reason. 

Although I will say, as abysmal as this offense has looked outside of the 1st quarter against the Eagles, it could be purely the defense knowing we can't pass or run so they know they can stop everything. 

Bortles needs to start ASAP. I feel at this point that the coaching staff is holding onto him as their free pass into another season of coaching. If they use him now and he fails, they're all gone and we keep Bortles and hire a new coaching staff. 

This team hasn't been good regardless of coaching staff in quite some time though, so I don't know. It seems as if this franchise is just beyond repair, and it's looked that way for quite awhile. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Teams rarely run real passing plays on 3rd and long, so why would you do it on 4th and 16 down that much? Jesus, run a screen or draw or something.

Quote:I missed it.

He basically got hit by two/three dudes at the same time and took a big shot, hurt his leg.  It was 4th down I believe and 16 with 20 seconds left and we were inside our own 20.  Just take the knee and play another day.  Stupid.

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Teams rarely run real passing plays on 3rd and long, so why would you do it on 4th and 16 down that much? Jesus, run a screen or draw or something.

I'd be fine with a knee given all factors.  I wouldn't have complained one bit if they had just knee'd it and called it a day.  The timeout to prevent the runoff was bad, let the clock run out.

Quote:I'd be fine with a knee given all factors.  I wouldn't have complained one bit if they had just knee'd it and called it a day.  The timeout to prevent the runoff was bad, let the clock run out.
Exactly this, this is my biggest issue. The timeout is just embarrassing and just call a lame dive play or something. Coaching staff really blew it.

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 03:02 AM by Scarecrow.)

Quote:Exactly this, this is my biggest issue. The timeout is just embarrassing and just call a lame dive play or something. Coaching staff really blew it.
They really did and it was a little upsetting. Inexperienced as a head coach or not that's inexcusable. I'm talking about the timeout there.

As for the play call, it was asinine. Why are you passing? Run the ball is all that should have been done that final drive. Hurns didn't even need to be on the field. Has anyone asked Bradley about that last drive?

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 03:08 AM by Predator.)

It a shame that Hurns got hurt, but let's be honest here.

You can't blame a coach with an offense that is this big of a work in progress for using garbage time to practice his players, because right now this offense needs all the practice it can get.

The most ridiculous part for me was not that we went for it and threw it.  It was the fact that it was a 5 yard route on 4th and 15+...seriously....?  Just throw a Hail Mary for crying out loud if you're gonna throw it....bah!

One of these years.............

(This post was last modified: 09-15-2014, 07:26 AM by JaguarJosh05.)

Lets not forget the stupid timeout call near the end of the first half that gave Washington a chance to throw one to the end zone. We were just plain stupid today. We couldn't use our timeouts earlier in the drive when the defense was gassed and obviously on its heels?

No pain, no gain.

Quote:It a shame that Hurns got hurt, but let's be honest here.

You can't blame a coach with an offense that is this big of a work in progress for using garbage time to practice his players, because right now this offense needs all the practice it can get.
they kicked a fg before that. Why not just punt on 4th and 16 then? Clearly they had already given up