Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you Still have Faith in Gus Bradley?
Yes
No
On the Fence
[Show Results]

In Gus we Bust?

Be mad at Henne and Jedd, not Gus. At least for those reasons u presented

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:That is blind faith. I am going on reality

Ok.. Here's reality for ya.. The majority of people on here need to be on antidepressants. The constant whining and temper tantrums remind me of a 3 year old when they get their favorite toy taken from them.

Be glad we have a team and an owner committed to keeping the team in Jax.. There's a shot of reality for ya..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Ok.. Here's reality for ya.. The majority of people on here need to be on antidepressants. The constant whining and temper tantrums remind me of a 3 year old when they get their favorite toy taken from them.

Be glad we have a team and an owner committed to keeping the team in Jax.. There's a shot of reality for ya..
That has nothing to do with the lousy product on the field.  The reality is that if this product does not improve the fans will stop coming.  It's down right boring to watch most Jaguars games as of late because we are out of it by halftime.  People pay to be entertained not to watch their team get a beating every Sunday.

What you call whining and temper tantrums also has the reverse with fans like you who always preach the "stay the course" "all in"  The people like that are high off of oxy and come off as down right delusional most of the time.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:That has nothing to do with the lousy product on the field. The reality is that if this product does not improve the fans will stop coming. It's down right boring to watch most Jaguars games as of late because we are out of it by halftime. People pay to be entertained not to watch their team get a beating every Sunday.

What you call whining and temper tantrums also has the reverse with fans like you who always preach the "stay the course" "all in" The people like that are high off of oxy and come off as down right delusional most of the time.

Then shut up and sell your frickin ticket. If you even buy them..

Quote:Then shut up and sell your frickin ticket. If you even buy them..
So your crying about me crying?  Wow you make a ton of sense.  Stay in delusion land and I will live here on planet earth. 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

Quote:So your crying about me crying? Wow you make a ton of sense. Stay in delusion land and I will live here on planet earth.

Whatever you say, chump..

Quote:That has nothing to do with the lousy product on the field.  The reality is that if this product does not improve the fans will stop coming.  It's down right boring to watch most Jaguars games as of late because we are out of it by halftime.  People pay to be entertained not to watch their team get a beating every Sunday.

What you call whining and temper tantrums also has the reverse with fans like you who always preach the "stay the course" "all in"  The people like that are high off of oxy and come off as down right delusional most of the time.

I understand that some fans are connecting the problems of the past 7 years an to the current staff/FO.  What they should remember is that the current FO office is only 18 games old.  During that time, the roster has been completely gutted (turn over has been near 75%), and has become the second youngest in the NFL. 

Here are some other things to at least try to consider.

- The Jags were historically bad in their first 8 games last year and came back to play .500 ball.

- The Jags were ripping through Philly in the first game before collapsing in the second half.  This happens to young teams who lose their focus.

- The game @WAS may have been a result of still smarting from the Philly game.  Being flat after a blowout also happens to young teams.

- Young teams have to learn how to win.

So the question is, why is giving this staff more than 18 games to rebuild such a huge stretch?  See my first statement.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Maybe it really is a matter of not having enough talent to compete yet and the talent we do have needs time to develop.

I'm starting to realize that's what that collection of players will look like. Just give it time and enjoy the ride. Gus and Co are doing a solid job. It's just that the job needs time to perform.

On the fence with Gus.  5/27 third downs converted isn't a good statistic even if you do have a really young team.  Why did he wait two games to change to Bowanko?  Why did he wait two games to change to Sam Young?  Does he really think Henne gives us the best chance to win?  Or is that just coach speak for "Bortles needs more time to develop."  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:On the fence with Gus. 5/27 third downs converted isn't a good statistic even if you do have a really young team. Why did he wait two games to change to Bowanko? Why did he wait two games to change to Sam Young? Does he really think Henne gives us the best chance to win? Or is that just coach speak for "Bortles needs more time to develop."

What concerns me about Bradley is how bad the defense still is. They can't even get basics right. I get he took over a depleted roster and has alot of young players. But aside from the first half in week one, the defense looks as bad as last year. You'd think that would be one area he could turn around. They're not even competent at this point.
;

;

Quote:What concerns me about Bradley is how bad the defense still is. They can't even get basics right. I get he took over a depleted roster and has alot of young players. But aside from the first half in week one, the defense looks as bad as last year. You'd think that would be one area he could turn around. They're not even competent at this point.

To be fair last week the defense was on the field for 37 minutes.  That's far too long.  And I feel that if Bradley had started Bowanko and Young over McClendon and Bradfield, that our offense would have been a little better.  It just doesn't make sense to me, because Gus preaches competition.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:What concerns me about Bradley is how bad the defense still is. They can't even get basics right. I get he took over a depleted roster and has alot of young players. But aside from the first half in week one, the defense looks as bad as last year. You'd think that would be one area he could turn around. They're not even competent at this point.

I share your concern. The defense is full of veterans and even the 2nd year players shouldn't be as constantly out of position as it seems like they are.

It starts up front. This was one of big concerns going into the season and I mentioned it several times. Even if the overall talent improves because of the new starters there is still a whole lot of inexperience up there. Not to mention that Beadles has been a bit of a disappointment. I think things will improve as the offense gains more experience.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 01:01 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Quote:To be fair last week the defense was on the field for 37 minutes. That's far too long. And I feel that if Bradley had started Bowanko and Young over McClendon and Bradfield, that our offense would have been a little better. It just doesn't make sense to me, because Gus preaches competition.
The defense got torched by Cousins in the first quarter. Blown coverages all over the place. Even Peter King has taken notice.

And agree about Bowanko. Strange move to sit him and it proved to be wrong.
;

;

Quote:I share your concern. The defense is full of veterans and even the 2nd year players shouldn't be as constantly out of position as it seems like they are.

I honestly don't recall seeing any team have this happen this often. It's troubling.
;

;

Quote:I honestly don't recall seeing any team have this happen this often. It's troubling.

Agreed. The back 7 calling out different plays from the line, free runners all over the field... not a good look. There just isn't an acceptable reason for that to be happening.The only defensive rookie getting playing time is Telvin Smith right?

The D looked fine until Cyprien got hurt.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 05:22 PM by HURRICANE!!!.)

The Jags defense was fully prepared to go against RG3 and Desean Jackson.  When they Redskins put in their backup QB and backup WR, it threw us off.  We weren't prepared to go against the Redskins backups so I'll give them a pass.

It really wasn't that our guys were in the wrong place but rather the Redskins ran different routes then what our defense was defending.

Quote:To be fair last week the defense was on the field for 37 minutes. That's far too long. And I feel that if Bradley had started Bowanko and Young over McClendon and Bradfield, that our offense would have been a little better. It just doesn't make sense to me, because Gus preaches competition.

I agree with the defense. They were on the field for way to long. Last week going into the second quarter the game was 7-0. Humans get tired. Running after wideouts and running backs for 10-13 plays with 3 minutes rest in between is a recipe for disaster.

If the offense can sustain drives even half of their possession then the defense would be world's better.

Quote:The D looked fine until Cyprien got hurt.

Agree for the most part.  I'm also concerned by secondary and linebacker depth.  But then, it's no surprise since the roster's thin on talent in those areas.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."