Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you Still have Faith in Gus Bradley?
Yes
No
On the Fence
[Show Results]

In Gus we Bust?

Quote:I agree with the defense. They were on the field for way to long. Last week going into the second quarter the game was 7-0. Humans get tired. Running after wideouts and running backs for 10-13 plays with 3 minutes rest in between is a recipe for disaster.

If the offense can sustain drives even half of their possession then the defense would be world's better.

Offense staying on or defense getting themselves off the field... works both ways.  We just don't have depth behind the front line.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 05:40 PM by CPJ.)

Quote:The Jags defense was fully prepared to go against RG3 and Desean Jackson. When they Redskins put in their backup QB and backup WR, it threw us off. We weren't prepared to go against the Redskins backups so I'll give them a pass.

It really wasn't that our guys were in the wrong place but rather the Redskins ran different routes then what our defense was defending.
I truly hope every bit of this is sarcasm

Quote:The Jags defense was fully prepared to go against RG3 and Desean Jackson.  When they Redskins put in their backup QB and backup WR, it threw us off.  We weren't prepared to go against the Redskins backups so I'll give them a pass.

It really wasn't that our guys were in the wrong place but rather the Redskins ran different routes then what our defense was defending.

lol, I never even considered this take.

The Jags were only prepared to play against the 1st string QB and WR, but when they got injured, and the backups came in, the Jags had no idea what to do and just fell apart on D.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I had really hoped we had seen the bottom of the rebuild with last years first half Jags, especially since finishing a respectable, for the rebuilding Jags anyway, 4-4 in the 2nd half of the season.

Now, after watching the last 6 quarters of Jags football, I am having my doubts.

Quote:I truly hope every bit of this is sarcasm
I doubt it.  That is the whole apologist act.  We got spanked because "we didn't prepare to play against a backup QB"  Give me a break.  Just pathetic

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

There are issues that come down to coaching

-The team seems unprepared overall. 

-Halftime adjustments are crap.  We come out and play worse in the 2nd half.  It's been a trend going back to last year

-Defense is supposed to be a strength but its not.  The whole "they are on the field x amount of time" excuse is mainly the defense fault.  They allow teams to complete long 3rd downs and can't stop them from getting positive yardage on first

-Players look lost on both sides of the ball.  Coaches prepare these guys to play and they aren't ready

Good coaches keep bad teams competitive. I'm not expecting to win a ton of games but I am expected not to see the Jags get spanked every Sunday.  Gus isn't the only coach that is the issue.

Fisch and his play calling is crap.  I don't know how many times I seen Gerhart (power runner) run a stretch play for negative yards. It does not work but they keep running it over and over and over again. It's very predictable as well.

The D coordinator has not done much better.  On 3rd and long you call a soft zone coverage and allow a receiver time to find an open spot.  Too many times have the Jags have opponents in 3rd and long and they allow a first down.  Ugh

Atleast we aren't the bucs :turned:

The last time the Jags won a game by more than 1 score was Dec. 11, 2011, against the Bucs.

That's almost 3 years ago.

That's just terrible.

If that's not a sign of just how downright awful the offense has been, I don't know what is.

(This post was last modified: 09-19-2014, 06:22 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:Offense staying on or defense getting themselves off the field... works both ways. We just don't have depth behind the front line.
But that's the thing. The defense does get off the field. The blowouts don't starts until late in the game after they are in play 53. We aren't giving up 21 in the first quarter like last year. The offense has to extend a drive past 3 plays period. The 2000 ravens days are over. 9 shutouts in a season are a thing of the past. You have to have some type of offense and sustain drives occasionally.

It was 7-0 at the start of the second quarter and 21-7 going into the third with is getting the ball to start the half. They went three and out. The offense has to do something.

Last Sunday the line of scrimmage stayed writhing the same 5 yards radius of where the ball was downed on the kick off or punt return for about 6 possessions. That can't happen.

They have to move the ball on offense even if it's to change the feild posistion.

Quote:I doubt it. That is the whole apologist act. We got spanked because "we didn't prepare to play against a backup QB" Give me a break. Just pathetic
They have to be being sarcastic, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wouldn't all teams just play their backup QBs if it worked like that?

Quote:They have to be being sarcastic, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wouldn't all teams just play their backup QBs if it worked like that?

Consider the source and it should be obvious.
;

;

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014, 01:46 PM by iapetus.)

Quote:They have to be being sarcastic, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Wouldn't all teams just play their backup QBs if it worked like that?
It's a thing that can happen - when you've prepared intensively to go up against a certain QB, going up against someone with a very different style of play who you haven't spent time looking at can take a certain amount of adjustment. It isn't a good plan for teams to do it regularly because it's only going to work if it's actually a surprise and if you've got two quarterbacks of a similar skill level. And it shouldn't make the difference between a defence being good and being woeful - it might result in the occasional blown play, but there's no way you can use it as an excuse for, say, a complete inability to tackle.

This message board has reached new levels of excuse.

Regards.......................the Chiefjag

Back up qb lol. Man that is crazy to watch another teams second string destroy you worse than the first string. The guy was a fourth round pick too.

Quote:The Jags defense was fully prepared to go against RG3 and Desean Jackson.  When they Redskins put in their backup QB and backup WR, it threw us off.  We weren't prepared to go against the Redskins backups so I'll give them a pass.

LOL.  You caught a few with that one. Hook, line, and sinker. 

(This post was last modified: 09-20-2014, 03:26 PM by Joe.)

Quote:It's a thing that can happen - when you've prepared intensively to go up against a certain QB, going up against someone with a very different style of play who you haven't spent time looking at can take a certain amount of adjustment. It isn't a good plan for teams to do it regularly because it's only going to work if it's actually a surprise and if you've got two quarterbacks of a similar skill level. And it shouldn't make the difference between a defence being good and being woeful - it might result in the occasional blown play, but there's no way you can use it as an excuse for, say, a complete inability to tackle.
Yea... Not really.

If a team gets burned by a backup QB, it's most likely not due to to lack of preparation. Pretty sure RG3 would have at least mirrored Cousins success. It's because the backup is a pretty decent QB, or the defense is that bad.

Quote:Yea... Not really.

If a team gets burned by a backup QB, it's most likely not due to to lack of preparation. It's because the backup is a pretty decent QB, or the defense is that bad.

Maybe we'll find that out tomorrow.

Nah....probably not.
;

;

Quote:Gus Bradley is doing the best he can. The only thing I disagree with is Chad Henne starting. Other than that, Jedd Fisch is terrible and the Offense is too. He is one of the few bright spots on this team.

I think Jed Fisch is the reason Bortles isn't starting yet. Fish has to prove that he can put together an offense that works before he's given the opportunity to ruin the future of the franchise. Most likely he blamed Gabbert's shortcomings for last season, & while Henne has issues of his own, there's no reason for your offense to look as inept as it did last week. 

But I bet if your running game could muster more than 4 ypc, Bortles would be in the game. 

ImATexan

It's sad and pathetic I would be happy if the Jags only lose by single digits tomorrow.

It will probably be another blowout with the colts stomping on the jags.

Eh... I think the Jags have a very good chance of beating the Colts. You're pretty much the same team, minus the QB... 

I honestly don't know what you guys are so upset about. It's been 18 games with Bradley. This season you played against a team in the Eagles that will probably beat every team in our division..... you lost. Then you played Washington, a team that will probably beat 3 of the 4 teams in our division. The only reason we (Houston) beat them was because RGIII was scared to throw the ball downfield (he had plenty of opportunity, just didn't pull the trigger). Cousins didn't have that hang up. 

Anyway, lose to the Raiders & I'd be upset. Get blown out by the Dolphins, Browns, or Titans, then I'd be upset. Jacksonville will not go undefeated from this point forward. It's foolish to think so. & a lot better teams are going to get blown out this season, it doesn't mean what you think it means. 

ImATexan