Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Poll: Do you Still have Faith in Gus Bradley?
Yes
No
On the Fence
[Show Results]

In Gus we Bust?

Quote:How's Bradley fine when the Jags were totally unprepared for RGIII when he ran?  They looked so lost.  It's like the Skins were running an offense we had never seen.  These dudes are not prepared when they show up on Sundays.
Would you like to talk about Babich then if you have a problem with the preparation of the defense? Not sure x's and o's prep falls on the head coach.  In my opinion, if you want to talk about RG3 runs, which were like 2 plays out of an entire landslide, those are due to the lack of experience we have at OLB.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Here is a reality check:

Since Gus has taken over.  This team has been outscored by

274(points for) to 524(points against)

^^^^^ Thats the real definition of suck
This is unacceptable no matter the roster

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 08:09 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Strategic planning is a long view investment. The knee jerk every week garbage on this board is chock full of terrible business strategy for either the NFL or real life, and that's why most people vent on here; because they aren't capable or qualified to do anything else but whine.

Strategic planning?  LOL.  The first thing about business is to understand your product and then to understand your market.

The product so far is garbage.  Get out of here with your non-sense.  

Saying that the product is bad is the only way stake holders can communicate with the brand.  You call it knee jerk, but if you're gonna use big boy words like "strategic planning" you better realize that what this MB and other venues are really doing is providing feed back to the business and in turn the product.  

If you don't like the fact that some stake holders find the product to be a mess right now, sorry.  But you'd be in the minority.  This product right now stinks.

Quote:Strategic planning?  LOL.  The first thing about business is to understand your product and then to understand your market.

Saying that the product is bad is the only way stake holders can communicate with the brand.  You call it knee jerk, but if you're gonna use big boy words like "strategic planning" you better realize that what this MB and other venues are really doing is providing feed back to the business and in turn the product.  

If you don't like the fact that some stake holders find the product to be a mess right now, sorry.  But you'd be in the minority.  This product right now stinks.
Regarding this "product."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBkuNpgACH0

NOPE!!!!! no faith. I hope he prove's me wrong...but this "Revamped" defense looks like crap and our offense is a joke. AGAIN. 

Quote:Strategic planning?  LOL.  The first thing about business is to understand your product and then to understand your market.

maybe they should call this product "new jaguars"  then put bortles in and go back to classic jaguars

Quote:Strategic planning is a long view investment. The knee jerk every week garbage on this board is chock full of terrible business strategy for either the NFL or real life, and that's why most people vent on here; because they aren't capable or qualified to do anything else but whine.

I'm trying hard  to not take any of what you're saying personally.  You don't know me. I'm not a venter.

As a small business owner for almost 20 years , the last 6 or 7 which we survived when many others failed, I have endured quite a bit of what "real life" can dish out. I consider myself pretty dang capable and patient.

I am anything but a whiner, but I am pretty bummed out about losing our first two games by larger margins  than we did last year.

First two in 2013 were 2-28 to the chiefs ....and 9-19 to the raiders. That's a total of 36 points. Margin on our first two  now stands at 48 points!

Now against a team that had not won their last nine in season games we take a thorough, totally dominated 10-41 loss after a 17-34 Jekyl and Hyde performance.

Please tell me what kind of "strategic plan" counts on rolling that far backwards to go forward?

I thought we had pretty much done that last year.

Did I expect to win every game this year, nope! But I expected to see some resemblance of a football team.

I had a lot of optimism that the Jags would make a better accounting of themselves this year, especially after the first half of the eagles game.

I'll be at the game next week and hope and pray this group finds a way to at least play a watchable game.

No way the plan can be to take a worse beating than we got today.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

I didn't think it was possible to make Mularkey look "okay."

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:I'm trying hard  to not take any of what you're saying personally.  You don't know me. I'm not a venter.

As a small business owner for almost 20 years , the last 6 or 7 which we survived when many others failed, I have endured quite a bit of what "real life" can dish out. I consider myself pretty dang capable and patient.

I am anything but a whiner, but I am pretty bummed out about losing our first two games by larger margins  than we did last year.

First two in 2013 were 2-28 to the chiefs ....and 9-19 to the raiders. That's a total of 36 points. Margin on our first two  now stands at 48 points!

Now against a team that had not won their last nine in season games we take a thorough, totally dominated 10-41 loss after a 17-34 Jekyl and Hyde performance.

Please tell me what kind of "strategic plan" counts on rolling that far backwards to go forward?

I thought we had pretty much done that last year.

Did I expect to win every game this year, nope! But I expected to see some resemblance of a football team.

I had a lot of optimism that the Jags would make a better accounting of themselves this year, especially after the first half of the eagles game.

I'll be at the game next week and hope and pray this group finds a way to at least play a watchable game.

No way the plan can be to take a worse beating than we got today.

Difficulty: The NFL is making Billions of dollars and the Jags are right there with them, garbage product or not.

This absolutely isn't personal, but you do have to recognize the difference in scale from small business to the NFL who make their living on advertising and TV deals, not on selling individual product lines.

I, too, am not happy with this situation and want a better team;, but the difference is that I fully expect this season to get better as certain players get on the field and position groups get more experience. I mean, we're starting 3 guys on the oline with a combined 9 starts. We're starting THREE rookie Wide Outs. This team can't win with this personnel yet, but gosh they seem to have a lot of potential for later this year and next, especially if the QB is the real deal. Like I said somewhere else, it's an exciting time because it looks hopeful for the first time in a while, but people are so burned by the past that they don't recognize the need for these growing pains.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Difficulty: The NFL is making Billions of dollars and the Jags are right there with them, garbage product or not.

This absolutely isn't personal, but you do have to recognize the difference in scale from small business to the NFL who make their living on advertising and TV deals, not on selling individual product lines.

I, too, am not happy with this situation and want a better team;, but the difference is that I fully expect this season to get better as certain players get on the field and position groups get more experience. I mean, we're starting 3 guys on the oline with a combined 9 starts. We're starting THREE rookie Wide Outs. This team can't win with this personnel yet, but gosh they seem to have a lot of potential for later this year and next, especially if the QB is the real deal. Like I said somewhere else, it's an exciting time because it looks hopeful for the first time in a while, but people are so burned by the past that they don't recognize the need for these growing pains.
So why not put Bortles in, you know the player we drafted 3rd overall with great potential, to go through his growing pains as well - THIS YEAR, where we all know it is a "lost cause" ermm.. "rebuilding" year. 

That would give us the HOPE that you mentioned in a previous thread, not Chad "Mr. I don't look past my first progression" Henne.

Quote:I didn't think it was possible to make Mularkey look "okay."

Honestly, from what we know now, kinda looks like mularkey got a raw deal doesnt it? At least we were somewhat competitive then. Not losing to garbage teams this badly.

Quote:Honestly, from what we know now, kinda looks like mularkey got a raw deal doesnt it? At least we were somewhat competitive then. Not losing to garbage teams this badly.

I'd still take Gus' first year over Mularkey's, jury still out on this season.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:Difficulty: The NFL is making Billions of dollars and the Jags are right there with them, garbage product or not.

the nfl and the jaguars will go on just fine without local fans paying to go to games.  it just wont be the Jacksonville jaguars anymore.  I hope everyone buys tickets, good, or bad. I will do my part to keep them the Jacksonville jaguars. 

Quote: 

.........but you do have to recognize the difference in scale from small business to the NFL who make their living on advertising and TV deals, not on selling individual product lines.

How so? They won't make a "living" as you call it if they can't satisfy their customers. Just a lot more zeroes on the end of their numbers.

I'd just like to see a little more fire in this coach....like throw your visor or something. lol.

There's a time and a place to forget being the "nice guy" and get in their faces.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Quote:I'd still take Gus' first year over Mularkey's, jury still out on this season.

Biggest concern with this staff is they just dont seem to have any answers. Bad at making adjustments. When the players are lost, it's bad. When the coaches are, that's catastrophic. Not to mention gus's timeout managemen/situational coaching :/

You mean to tell me you don't like watching Toby Gerhart rumbling off tackle on stretch plays?  :teehee:

Honestly, Sunday feels like a must win game. Not necessarily for anyone on the staff's job security, but if you go 0 and 3, the season is pretty much shot. Not to mention how demoralizing it would be to get slaughtered by your division rival at home. That would probably be a low point for me as a fan, and honestly, i expect it at this point.

I just don't understand it. I'm extremely critical of the Jaguars because when I was hitting my teen years, we were in the AFC championship games and playoffs (albeit losing to the damn Titans) nonstop. Thats when I really started watching the NFL. 

Now it's like this franchise is literally beyond control. It seems as if we're the 2nd tier Oakland Raiders. No matter what we do coach / gm wise, nothing helps. No matter what we do to the roster, nothing helps. It's as if we're destined for an eternity in an NFL abyss where nothing positive will happen.

It literally seemed like it would change when we drafted Justin Blackmon (I had never been more excited than that moment because I watched him exclusively at OKST) then he obviously turned out to be another RJ Soward/Reggie Williams/Matt Jones.. 

I mean where will it end? It seems like Blake Bortles is the last hope for this team in my eyes. He's the best hidden gem we've had up our sleeves in the longest time, at the most important position. If we put him on the field, and he fails, I just don't know how I'll be able to keep defending the Jags, this franchise has been extremely lost, and lost for quite some time. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

When a coach says all problems are mental and correctable, but they never get corrected, that falls entirely on the coaching staff. There's talent on this roster, there's no way we are that far behind the rest of the league. This blowout thing has become a trademark of gus and company.

Quote:When a coach says all problems are mental and correctable, but they never get corrected, that falls entirely on the coaching staff. There's talent on this roster, there's no way we are that far behind the rest of the league. This blowout thing has become a trademark of gus and company.

Then you can attribute that to any coaching staff we've had in the past what, 14 years? I give 2007 a pass because we were pretty good, and god forbid David Garrard actually had some decent people to throw to, who knows what we would have been able to do that year.

But seriously, like I said already, this team is like in an abyss. There's just no helping it no matter who we have for coach. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.