Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do we put this right ?

Problem is that Henne can't carry this offense and our line is doing some of the worst run blocking I've seen.  Until at least one of those changes, then we aren't going to be competitive.  Our defense has potential but we'll never know with so many 3 and outs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

By halftime the defense had been on the field almost what they should play in a whole game. Bortles can avoid pressure, step up, or make throws on the run. Keeping the defense honest and making the run game actually work. It all starts with Bortles
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Fix the line asap. Find another vet qb.

Sign eric Winston

Quote:By halftime the defense had been on the field almost what they should play in a whole game. Bortles can avoid pressure, step up, or make throws on the run. Keeping the defense honest and making the run game actually work. It all starts with Bortles
The D stunk early in the game before they should have been tired, there are no valid excuses.

Quote:The D stunk early in the game before they should have been tired, there are no valid excuses.

They are missing a starter but that's not my point. How would you feel as a player if you knew you could stop them and your qb would put you right back on the field. Not saying it's right but they aren't motivated to play.

First you have a QB that can take the snap and run outside before he sets up to pass. I have said this before the draft and thats why I wanted to see Manziel. Our front office screwed up BIG TIME not getting a serviceable OL. Now they may have to pay by their jobs.

OL is the worst I have seen ever in the NFL. I am 58 by the way

Just hold your breath for 5 more years, maybe something good will happen. 

It's not an easy fix, or they would've already have done it... Obviously, our offensive line is porous; I mean, we're playing with rookies and a vet on the line who just isn't very good. Henne may not be very good but I give him an A for having guts!

My observations...

*we're still seeing Jedd try to run Gerhardt outside. He's too slow for this Jedd, and he doens't have the blocking to run in the middle either. Until we have linemen who can run block, Gerhardt should be on the bench and Denard Robinson should be on the field. 

*we're still seeing our secondary blow coverage because of mental mistakes. That is poor coaching Gus...

*stupid, I mean STUPID late hit penalties by Guy Whimper. Be tough, but not Stupid.

*we're still getting blown out of games. I thought this defense was supposed to at least keep us in the games... NOT!

*if we're losing like this to a team like the 'skins, we just might go 3-13 or worse this season like some have predicted. Right now, we're playing like the worst team in the NFL.... again.

*on the bright side; if we continue to play like this, well be in line to get another first round pick come draft time! I strongly suggest that this draft, Dave, you build up our offensive line! You've got to, since you committed to a slow north/south running back for our running game...

*another positive; Blake is scratch free... but if I we're him, I'd still be scared as (BAD WORD REMOVED) at the thought of being behind this line...

So we've lost our first two games... no, we didn't just lose; we got blown out as bad as we ever did with Gabbert behind center! Playing like this, we will continue to be the national laughing stock. Stand by for more jokes about the jags from late night comedians. We're just too easy to ridicule....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

The entire team is terrible. This is the least talented team in the league yet again. The offense line is atrocious. Henne is a lower-tier backup QB, at best. Our WR corps is hopelessly raw and we don't have anything close to a starting caliber RB. If we are a young team on the rise, you would at least see flashes. There were no flashes in today's game. Zero. It's just completely unwatchable football.

I agree putting in Bortles would help, but by how much? Is it worth risking his health for an occasional first down?  This team is still years out from being competitive. So unbelievably frustrating being a fan and every year is groundhog day. Show me SOMETHING, for once. 

Welcome to Duval, you will be hit.

Quote:By halftime the defense had been on the field almost what they should play in a whole game. Bortles can avoid pressure, step up, or make throws on the run. Keeping the defense honest and making the run game actually work. It all starts with Bortles
Yes this is what they have to do but will not.Bradley is being stubborn. Please help Khan!

Quote:Yes this is what they have to do but will not.Bradley is being stubborn. Please help Khan!

Bortles was NEVER EVER going to play these two games. Would you people just relax? We'll see him sooner rather than later, hopefully the 0-line doesn't get him hospitalized the first week.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:How would Blake Bortles improve the offense, if the line doesn't give him time to throw? 
He gets the ball out faster and rolls away from pressure. the Oline does suck but they get no help from Henne. Almost every play he decides where he is going with the ball and stares down the receiver. On many of his drops he drops back to far making it impossible for the tackles to contain the defender.  I'm not blaming it all on Henne but he dose nothing to help extend the play which only increases sacks. 

Quote:Bortles was NEVER EVER going to play these two games. Would you people just relax? We'll see him sooner rather than later, hopefully the 0-line doesn't get him hospitalized the first week.

We have no other reason to watch. Do we??

If Bortles sucks it up when he starts playing, Bradley and Caldwell will probably lose their job, I really believe that's the reason he isn't going to play.  This team has absolutely no running game, there isn't much they can do on offense with either QB.

Quote:Bortles was NEVER EVER going to play these two games. Would you people just relax? We'll see him sooner rather than later, hopefully the 0-line doesn't get him hospitalized the first week.

What does that matter? You play who gives you the best chance to win, which is obviously not Henne.

Say he gets injured...well, ok. What does that change? Sticking with Henne gives us the same results. On a young team like this, the o-line is supposed to improve after a year, not get worse. What makes you think later this season, or even next year, the o-line is going to get better? We are going to keep the same coaching staff that brought us the current travesty of an o-line, so why should we expect an improvement? Are we just never going to play him because we will never have a decent line?

Ridiculous.

Quote:He gets the ball out faster and rolls away from pressure. the Oline does suck but they get no help from Henne. Almost every play he decides where he is going with the ball and stares down the receiver. On many of his drops he drops back to far making it impossible for the tackles to contain the defender.  I'm not blaming it all on Henne but he dose nothing to help extend the play which only increases sacks. 
This is true; even the radio commentators were pointing it out. Of course, receivers dropping passes doesn't help...HURNS!!!

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

We will have a new HC and GM in a few years, then a few years from then we might be starting to turn things around with half a decade(or more) of top ten picks. We are about 5-8 years out right now.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Quote:The D stunk early in the game before they should have been tired, there are no valid excuses.
I agree they missed more tackles then I can remember.

Quote:What does that matter? You play who gives you the best chance to win, which is obviously not Henne.

Say he gets injured...well, ok. What does that change? Sticking with Henne gives us the same results. On a young team like this, the o-line is supposed to improve after a year, not get worse. What makes you think later this season, or even next year, the o-line is going to get better? We are going to keep the same coaching staff that brought us the current travesty of an o-line, so why should we expect an improvement? Are we just never going to play him because we will never have a decent line?

Ridiculous.

The line's now played 2 games together and still don't have all 5 starters in the game.  Yes, they will get better and no, this isn't a "travesty"; it's a line that needs time and more pieces. That's just the way it is.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:The line's now played 2 games together and still don't have all 5 starters in the game.  Yes, they will get better and no, this isn't a "travesty"; it's a line that needs time and more pieces. That's just the way it is.

You should never need all 5 starters to avoid giving up 10 sacks a game. Teams regularly give up less than 5 with pieced together lines. This line has had two off-seasons and a regular season to get better, not just as players but as a coached unit, and it has gotten worse.