Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
How do we put this right ?

Quote:I sat 3 rows up from the 50yd line. Henne had ZERO time to throw pretty much all game. When he did have time? Hurns drops the TD pass. I don't like Henne but no QB would have been successful today. Henne was sacked 10 times today. Bortles probably would have been sacked 7 or 8 times.

You can't throw the ball away when you have no time to move out of the pocket. In my honest opinion (and I want Bortles to play badly) Henne was not the reason we lost this game. It was the OLine.
So with that said I'll make sure to go back and rewatch the game on NFL rewind with focus on the line. I hope I am wrong but I don't remember many 4 man fronts early in the game. I saw a game plan to take away the run then rush the qb. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Considering it was a franchise record (and 2 short of an NFL record) in sacks, that's not really surprising. Henne is not gifted enough to carry a team single handedly under that kind of pressure but very few players are. He needs at least some support to be successful.
I follow what you are saying, I just personally feel like I watched a specific game plan to beat this team. Not necessarily a deficiency of talent.  

Quote:I follow what you are saying, I just personally feel like I watched a specific game plan to beat this team. Not necessarily a deficiency of talent.
10 sacks dude. That doesn't happen because of the QB. He may be part of the problem but my lord....did you see kerrigan and hatcher living in the backfield?

I think some people are missing the point. The opponents defense could rush 6-8 players every freaking play. Find me a O-line period that could hold up to that every freaking play. If you have a QB that finds the open guy and gets the ball to them when they pull those blitzes you are going to see those blitzes go away. Henne can't do this period, he is just a tackling dummy out there.

Henne is captain check down many say but there were so many people on the line of scrimmage they took tha away from him. 100 plus of his yards came from two deep passes he was forced to throw. The rest were out routes, another variation of a check down. Like I said, I'll rewatch the game with emphasis on the line but I remember this type of qb play from 2009. We are never gonna know if we are gonna win or lose because the game plan we are gonna face for the rest of the year will always be the same. Load up the box with man behind it, get up quick then rush four and drop 7. 

Quote:10 sacks dude. That doesn't happen because of the QB. He may be part of the problem but my lord....did you see kerrigan and hatcher living in the backfield?

Change up the snap count, go long count and mix in some short counts, and try to draw them off sides for a 5 yd penalty. This will slow them down a little.

This would have given us 5X our yardage when we were stuck at 1 yd for a long time.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Our offensive line is not going to get any better. Period. They will get worse if injuries start piling up. Acknowledging that, you have to move the pocket on deeper routes, you have to run misdirection plays, you have to call 3 step drops, you have to call quick slants and wide receiver screens. You have to insert a scheme which gets the ball out of the QB's hands quickly so he doesn't take sacks. A sack is almost equivalent to a turnover and darn near impossible to overcome and keep the chains moving.

Regards.....................the Chiefjag

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 06:20 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:10 sacks dude. That doesn't happen because of the QB. He may be part of the problem but my lord....did you see kerrigan and hatcher living in the backfield?
Thats what happen when a team has no need to respect your passing game. I watched Henne hold the ball quite a while on some plays. They pinned their ears back the whole game. Henne never moved in the pocket so they just keep rushing to the same spot. 

I know a lot about football and I can tell the difference between bad line play and bad qb play. I watched a team that struggled with the texans last week dominate us. There is a clear weakness on this team they exploited. Hopefully I'm wrong so I'll re-watch the game tomorrow.  

Quote:Come on then, what do we do to become more competitive ?

But if your plan is simply "start Bortles" please explain how that will improve our defense, our offensive line and our running game.

So name ways for us to be more competitive.  But only if instead of making us more competitive, they actually fix everything in all areas of the team? 

Okay.

Quote:Thats what happen when a team has no need to respect your passing game. I watched Henne hold the ball quite a while on some plays. They pinned their ears back the whole game. Henne never moved in the pocket so they just keep rushing to the same spot. 

I know a lot about football and I can tell the difference between bad line play and bad qb play. I watched a team that struggled with the texans last week dominate us. There is a clear weakness on this team the exploited. Hopefully I'm wrong so I'll re-watch the game tomorrow.
They struggled to contain JJ Watt. We don't have him.

Texans offense was not good last week. Their defense won them the game last week.

Quote:Our offensive line is not going to get any better. Period. They will get worse if injuries start piling up. Acknowledging that, you have to move the pocket on deeper routes, you have to run misdirection plays, you have to call 3 step drops, you have to call quick slants and wide receiver screens. You have to insert a scheme which gets the ball out of the QB's hands quickly so he doesn't take sacks. A sack is almost equivalent to a turnover and darn near impossible to overcome and keep the chains moving.

among other words, we pretty much have to go back to what we where doing with Gabbert under center....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:They struggled to contain JJ Watt. We don't have him.

Texans offense was not good last week. Their defense won them the game last week.
The defense is not my concern. The texans put up 321 net yards of offense last week. And we put up 148 net yards this week. There is a clear problem with the offense. I think I know the problem but I reserve my judgement when i rewatch the game. 

Hell we knocked out their starting qb and the back qb lit us up and did more than our starter in less playing time. 

Quote:Our offensive line is not going to get any better. Period. They will get worse if injuries start piling up. Acknowledging that,

Falsehood. The line will be better in the second half if they are together, that's how it works.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:It's not the line. I'm seeing a guy who has 3 seconds in the pocket and decides to hold the ball.

Dude, what are you watching? The line absolutely sucks, and by sucks I mean shouldn't even play for an average college team.
<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Like I said, watch the game you are watching now and count to 3 and see where the ball is. Go and watch our game and count to three and see where the ball is. Once you get an understanding of that then we will talk again. I know when a qb is holding the ball to long and not anticipating his throws. I watched a game where the other team kept 8 men in the box all game. I know what those things mean. 

Quote:I follow what you are saying, I just personally feel like I watched a specific game plan to beat this team. Not necessarily a deficiency of talent.  

That doesn't make any sense.  If you have enough talent, you can stall their game plan at least some of the time.  EVERY defense plans to stop the run and rush the passer.  That's a pretty vague stance.  Like other teams are like, "Let's let them run all over us but really play stout pass defense."  Come on.  The line is absolutely HORRIBLE.  LT is no franchise LT, at all.  He's a revolving door like the rest of the line.  

At one point we had four first downs and they had 26. 

<a target="_blank" href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v107/chuckd132132/p1_manning_all_200.jpg" target="_blank">VIEW IMAGE</a>

Quote:Dude, what are you watching? The line absolutely sucks, and by sucks I mean shouldn't even play for an average college team.
Go rewatch the game on your DVR and you'll how often the O Line whiffs on blocks.  I'm also tired of hearing how great a blocker Lewis is.  He's decent at times but he gives up plays every game where the runner is stuffed or QB pressured or sacked.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 08:06 PM by Etdavis2006.)

Quote:That doesn't make any sense.  If you have enough talent, you can stall their game plan at least some of the time.  EVERY defense plans to stop the run and rush the passer.  That's a pretty vague stance.  Like other teams are like, "Let's let them run all over us but really play stout pass defense."  Come on.  The line is absolutely HORRIBLE.  LT is no franchise LT, at all.  He's a revolving door like the rest of the line.  

At one point we had four first downs and they had 26. 
8 in the box is not playing the run. 8 in the box is we dare your qb to throw on us if he can. They stalled our offense the whole time. They arent that good. The texans beat tham last week lol. They challenged our qb and he failed. Then once the had the lead the they dropped 7 back and sent the hounds. This is 2009 all over again only without a mobile qb. 

Quote:Go rewatch the game on your DVR and you'll how often the O Line whiffs on blocks.  I'm also tired of hearing how great a blocker Lewis is.  He's decent at times but he gives up plays every game where the runner is stuffed or QB pressured or sacked.
I'm definitely gonna re-watch the game. 

Richie Incognito would be an upgrade at guard.