Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Team is Trash

Quote:The only people who are upset are those who had extremely lofty and unrealistic expectations this year. With that said the only person you should be mad at is yourself.

Seriously? I don't care what your expectations were this game was a disaster and this team should be better than this.  If you expected this your expectations were pathetically low.  Gus had his worst game as a coach this week and that's disappointing.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Seriously? I don't care what your expectations were this game was a disaster and this team should be better than this.  If you expected this your expectations were pathetically low.  Gus had his worst game as a coach this week and that's disappointing.

I expect this team to be bad for at least the first half of the season. Young inexperienced players on the offense don't just show up and imitate the 1990 Buffalo Bills. They are what they are, a bunch of rooks and second/third year guys learning to play together.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Guys, as terrible as this team is right now, they're nothing compared to the 2013 Jags in the first half of last season.

I remember fans on here saying that they would be happy if we could just get past midfield...
Actually with Hurns and Cyprien out we will be about the same. Honestly our coaching was better then too. That timeout to end the half was mind boggling.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

You should EXPECT that our beloved Jags AT LEAST play competitive, since you know, they are an NFL team...

You should EXPECT to be competitive, especially when you PAY to watch and attend the games...

Quote:I expect this team to be bad for at least the first half of the season. Young inexperienced players on the offense don't just show up and imitate the 1990 Buffalo Bills. They are what they are, a bunch of rooks and second/third year guys learning to play together.

Get out of here with your common sense.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Get out of here with your common sense.

This board always acts like the window is closing, but jeez, we haven't even opened the curtains yet, much less the actual window. That comes the end of this year and then next.

“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:Get out of here with your common sense.

Common sense says this team should have improved yet they don't appear to have done so.  This team got it's [BLEEP] handed to them by a team that isn't that good that lost their starting QB and WR pretty early on.  Gus called two stupid TO's and the end of the game was a total cluster [BLEEP].  

Quote:I expect this team to be bad for at least the first half of the season. Young inexperienced players on the offense don't just show up and imitate the 1990 Buffalo Bills. They are what they are, a bunch of rooks and second/third year guys learning to play together.

This was a blowout to a team that had lost 9 straight games. This wasnt a blowout against denver or seattle. This was a joke. Falls on the coaches. Unacceptable. Beaten by a qb that hadnt had any time to prepare during the week, missing his top WR

Unless you're willing to wait 3 or 4 more years to be relevant, this loss should be concerning to you.

There is no excuse as to why we looked lost on that field today. We had no idea what was going on, and looked like complete garbage. We should be competing this year and bringing games down to the wire. We use to be called the Cardiac Cats for a reason. If 2015 is the year we're suppose to get in the playoffs, we will not be getting there with the way things are looking at the moment.

Quote:Guys, as terrible as this team is right now, they're nothing compared to the 2013 Jags in the first half of last season.

I remember fans on here saying that they would be happy if we could just get past midfield...

I beg to differ. How is this different than last year?

Just as bad, if not worse, considering we played a team that was worse than us last year
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Henne rushed for twice as many yards as TG, the Jags starting RB, did in this game, with TG playing the whole game.

That might be the most ridiculous stat I have ever seen in all my years of watching Jags football.

If this team is going to be more competitive, they are going to have to find a QB who is able to complete passes far enough down field to keep the defense honest and open up the run game.

Until that happens, expect to see more and more games like we saw on Sunday.

I know that the o-line is not very good right now, but if you can put a more mobile QB back there who will be able to buy himself a little more time and complete some passes on the move, that will help out the o-line some.

The QB also needs to be able to make quick decisions and be accurate with his short passes, slants and screens to be effective against the pass rush/ blitz.

Once you find a guy who can do all that, you will have success.

We all know that Henne is simply not able to do most of that and unless he finds a way to transform into a QB who can, you will continue to see the Jags lose games.

A better defense will help, but this is an offensive league now and if your offensive is bad, then you will not win very many games.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I don't expect this team to win but i do expect them to compete. This one is on Gus, coaching staff and whole team.. No excuses..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I don't expect this team to win but i do expect them to compete. This one is on Gus, coaching staff and whole team.. No excuses..
100% agree. Although, I do expect wins against teams that were just as bad as us last year.

You guys saying this team on the field today was much better than last years team are just insane. There was nothing positive whatsoever about today's game. We're talking about Washington, a team that was actually worse than us last year, and we just made them look like super bowl contenders. 

This team won't get any better until we get a RB, and put Bortles in. I know the O Line sucks, but I don't think Bortles would have even been sacked 5 times today had he been behind center. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 05:14 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Quote:Seriously? I don't care what your expectations were this game was a disaster and this team should be better than this.  If you expected this your expectations were pathetically low.  Gus had his worst game as a coach this week and that's disappointing.

I agree, this was 2 pretty bad teams playing and the one which lost it's starting QB and WR, looked like Seattle out there and the one that didn't. looked like, well, the 2013 1st half Jags.

That is totally unacceptable to me.

I didn't really expect them to win the game, especially with Henne at QB, but I sure didn't expect them to look as bad as they did and make the Redskins look like they used to in the Hogs days, when they use to win SB's.

This game should have been way more competitive than it was, and it wasn't even close.

I have to agree that Gus had his worst day as a head coach, it's hard not to.

With the way the Jags played and how they lost this game, it will be interesting to see how they respond next week at home against the Colts.

Can Gus get them motivated to play a good game? Or will it be more of the same we have seen for the past 2 weeks?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

I don't mind losses, they're to be expected. But to not even be competitive? No excuse for that. Things need to change. 

Even Cleveland won today

Expect the same results until the coaches realize change is needed.

The O-line is decent, but have to protect a medicore QB. If Peyton Manning were starting he wouldn't be getting sacked nine times in one game. Great QB's or a plain good one knows how to stay confident in the game.