Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Team is Trash

Out scored after 2 games last year by 36. It is 48 after two games this year in second year of a rebuild in which we should be better. And this game was to a team on 9 game losing streak with many back ups due to injuries. So which is it, bad coaching or bad general manager or both? I sent this question to the almighty crap on the fans as idiots Ozone man, lets see if he answers. If he does I am sure it will be just to belittle me. 20 year season ticket holder here and have very little desire to even waste my time going to the Colts game.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:The O-line is decent, but have to protect a medicore QB. If Peyton Manning were starting he wouldn't be getting sacked nine times in one game. Great QB's or a plain good one knows how to stay confident in the game.

No decent o-line ever gives up 10 sacks. Ever.

its not so much the OL as it is Fisch

trust me

Quote:its not so much the OL as it is Fisch

trust me

I trust you, anonymous message board user.

Quote:its not so much the OL as it is Fisch

trust me

Trust U? Ok now where do I leave this large pile of cash?

Quote:The O-line is decent, but have to protect a medicore QB. If Peyton Manning were starting he wouldn't be getting sacked nine times in one game. Great QB's or a plain good one knows how to stay confident in the game.
Manning wouldn't stand behind that line. Notice how he goes to Denver and they randomly have the best offensive line in the league. Same thing with Indy and New England. Those teams won't allow their star QB to stand behind trash. 

Quote:The only people who are upset are those who had extremely lofty and unrealistic expectations this year. With that said the only person you should be mad at is yourself.

Lol joke of a post.

Lofty expectations. I expect them to at least have 100 total yards of offense by the 4th qtr. Such lofty expcetations.

I can't begin to express my feelings about the Jags right now without receiving a life time ban from this board

Fisch has about 3 plays in his playbook:

1st down: PA boot to the left to make the QB throw against his body

2nd down: RB stretch play with 652 pound Slowby Gerhart

3rd down: quick screen

punt

So I was at the game today. Sat 50 yd line. 3 rows up. I can tell you 2 things:

1. The Hurns drop on the first series changes the entire game. Should have been a TD. (Obviously)

2. Our offensive line is the cause for all offensive problems.

We want to run the ball and we have ZERO holes open for Toby. Henne had ZERO time to throw today. I mean this guy was put on his butt all game. I felt bad for him. Kerrigan lived in our backfield and so did Hatcher. It was really ugly out there. We need a spark and I think that's Bortles. He would have been sacked a lot today but I don't think he would have been sacked 10 times.

On a brighter note. Saw a lot of Jags fans there today which was really cool.

Quote:So I was at the game today. Sat 50 yd line. 3 rows up. I can tell you 2 things:

1. The Hurns drop on the first series changes the entire game. Should have been a TD. (Obviously)

2. Our offensive line is the cause for all offensive problems.

We want to run the ball and we have ZERO holes open for Toby. Henne had ZERO time to throw today. I mean this guy was put on his butt all game. I felt bad for him. Kerrigan lived in our backfield and so did Hatcher. It was really ugly out there. We need a spark and I think that's Bortles. He would have been sacked a lot today but I don't think he would have been sacked 10 times.

On a brighter note. Saw a lot of Jags fans there today which was really cool.

It's amazing how long this team has had a terrible o-line. They can't seem to find the right guys to fit the system.  Maybe it's the coach or just bad players, but nothing will change with the offense until we have an actual NFL offensive line.

Quote:Really? What's so different? Cause i'm not seeing it. They have better talent, but they still look lost.
We are getting more sacks than last year...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:It's amazing how long this team has had a terrible o-line. They can't seem to find the right guys to fit the system.  Maybe it's the coach or just bad players, but nothing will change with the offense until we have an actual NFL offensive line.
They were just daring us to throw all game. We couldn't run the ball to save our lives. Receivers had no time to get open. It was awful to watch and be there live.

The Hurns drop was by far the worst part.

Quote:We are getting more sacks than last year...
And that makes us better at sacking the QB, but that doesn't make us better at things that we use to be good at. We have regressed.

Quote:They were just daring us to throw all game. We couldn't run the ball to save our lives. Receivers had no time to get open. It was awful to watch and be there live.

The Hurns drop was by far the worst part.

I had to rewatch the play twice to make sure he somehow dropped it. If the Jags get blown out next week Thor's mighty hammer will drop.

Quote:I had to rewatch the play twice to make sure he somehow dropped it. If the Jags get blown out next week Thor's mighty hammer will drop.
We will get blown out. Without Hurns, Cecil, Bortles, Marcedes and Cyprien we're toast.

The issue is that really good offensive linemen do not grow on trees. Dave can only draft what's available and this team has had so many needs that he (Dave) has been going the 'best available player' route pretty much. That hasn't been linemen so much. given our situation now that we have a franchise quarterback, the next draft and f/a will undoubtedly be used to get better offensive linemen; most of the guys we have now are players who wouldn't/didn't make the cut on other teams. That's to say that they are just 'filling holes' until they can be replaced with better players.

Sure do miss the days of Tony Boselli and Leon Searcy...

Quote:We will get blown out. Without Hurns, Cecil, Bortles, Marcedes and Cyprien we're toast.
Yup. It's looking pretty dismal for the home opener. Look on the bright side; we have the largest scoreboard in the world!!!! yeah!(sarcasm font engaged)

Quote:The only people who are upset are those who had extremely lofty and unrealistic expectations this year. With that said the only person you should be mad at is yourself.
starting RB - 7 rushes for 8 yards.

10 sacks allowed.

3/13 on 3rd down.

score 41-10

3.1 yards per play

We allowed more sacks than our RBs had yards.

This team was playing better than this at the end of last year, you can't start each year like this because you have had personnel changes. This is not acceptable. Washington had lost NINE games in a row and they blew us out worse than the score would indicate. If you expected 2-4 wins we are still on pace to under perform. Its not that we are bad, its that we are still not competitive at all.

We allowed more sacks than our RBs had yards.

Seriously, we allowed more sacks than our RBs had yards. "Extremely lofty expectations" lol Laughing

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Oakland out here trying to take our first pick.