Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
This Team is Trash

Quote:Oakland out here trying to take our first pick.

Darn it, MJD giving away our losing secrets, while on the bench with an injury.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If you thought today was trash... wait until next week when we play a title contending team without Allen Hurns and Marcedes Lewis.

No pain, no gain.

Quote:If you thought today was trash... wait until next week when we play a title contending team without Allen Hurns and Marcedes Lewis.
I can't imagine it.  It's disgusting to even think about.

The home opener should be a festive event as the fans finally get a taste of regular season pool usage.  I can't wait to see people wade!  At a football game!

Gonna be so awesome.

Quote:The home opener should be a festive event as the fans finally get a taste of regular season pool usage. I can't wait to see people wade! At a football game!

Gonna be so awesome.

Might need a suicide watch to ensure people aren't drowning themselves by halftime.

Ryan O said redskins player asked him "what's the deal with bortles sitting?" So you know some of our guys are thinking it

Fans/people like you are so annoying.

Quote:If you thought today was trash... wait until next week when we play a title contending team without Allen Hurns and Marcedes Lewis.

Aren't we playing Indy? Title contending?

Quote:Aren't we playing Indy? Title contending?
They're the favorites to win the AFC South. They also played solid against Denver and would've won if they had a few things go their way. So yeah, they are title contending.

L.M.A.O!!!!!!!

Seriously, we allowed more sacks than our RBs had yards. "Extremely lofty expectations"

Still LM.AO!!!!!! OMG!!!!! LM.AO

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 07:05 PM by JagProphet.)

Quote:Fans/people like you are so annoying.
Fans and people like me are annoying? Is this fan-base suppose to be happy they just made Jacksonville and the entire organization a laughing stock once again? And it's wrong to realize we're terrible and looked like we regressed?  The way we played out there today was unacceptable. Especially when you're suppose to be getting better to compete for the AFC South this year and take it next year. 

Quote:Ryan O said redskins player asked him "what's the deal with bortles sitting?" So you know some of our guys are thinking it
Yeah, no question about it. They're probably wondering the same thing.

Quote:I would buy a ticket to the game next week just to boo for a half and then leave as my voice will be shot.

Next week will be 10k Colts fans and 50k other people booing Henne or not paying attention to the game.
;

;

Orton!!! Orton!!!

Quote:Orton!!! Orton!!!
Keep it down, keep it down... You'll hurt Chad's feelings.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 08:31 PM by Predator_NFLFans.)

every team we play does the same defensive gameplan... and it's been that way for about 2 years now. im getting tired of it. load the box, stop the run, blitz on third down. and we can expect it to keep happening. especially if they keep throwing henne out there. I just want the jaguars to be competitive again... in every game. Washington will again be a bottom feeder In the nfc. atleast last season, all of our blowout losses came against a more difficult slate.

Id rather see Bortles take his bumps and bruises now, instead of next season. Will he fix all of our problems? Definitely not, but all these problems will not be fixed for 2015, which is supposedly the year we compete for the playoffs. That's going to be putting a heck of a lot of pressure on Bortles in his first year starting.

No commercial messages in sigs

If I hear or read the words "improving, improved, improvement, etc." anymore, I will consider that person writer with zero credibility.  The Jaguars media have been good at selling that nonsense even though there is no evidence of it at all.

"Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football" - John Heisman

Quote:every team we play does the same defensive gameplan... and it's been that way for about 2 years now. im getting tired of it. load the box, stop the run, blitz on third down. and we can expect it to keep happening. especially if they keep throwing henne out there. I just want the jaguars to be competitive again... in every game. Washington will again be a bottom feeder In the nfc. atleast last season, all of our blowout losses came against a more difficult slate.

Id rather see Bortles take his bumps and bruises now, instead of next season. Will he fix all of our problems? Definitely not, but all these problems will not be fixed for 2015, which is supposedly the year we compete for the playoffs. That's going to be putting a heck of a lot of pressure on Bortles in his first year starting.
Exactly. Unless you make them pay for blitzing that many, they can keep doing it. And Henne doesn't show any signs of doing that.

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 09:18 PM by Dre3001.)

I do not think many people expected the Jaguars to make the playoffs this year. The main goal for this year that the organization and media has pushed is improvement and based off the two games this season we are failing in that aspect. The Jaguars are a rebuilding team and most people in the media and organization have continuously said that 2015 is the year we can expect to see this team make a push for the playoffs and seriously compete. 

However based on today's game and the collapse last week we are playing at the same if not worse than last year. The Jaguars as it stands look atleast 3-4 years away from the playoffs and that is the worst part about today. All the excitement and talk about improvement died today. The team in some aspects even looks like it has regressed.

This season the Jags still have yet to have one long sustainable drive that ends in a TD. All the TDs this year have been from excellent field position off a turnover (last week) or missed coverage on a play (today).

Chad Henne has been sacked more times this season than the Jags have completed 3rd down conversions. Up until half way through the 2nd quarter today the Jags had 1 yard of total offense, and this is against a team that was WORSE than us last year who just lost their starting QB and best WR.

I am not saying the Jags are Super Bowl contenders but personally I am tired of being the laughingstock of the NFL. Today was a serious reality check of who we are and where we need to go. Now it is up to the coaching staff to try and take us there. It is time to stop only talking about improvement and actually show it.