Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Jay Gruden playcalling vs Jedd Fisch..

Watching Fisch call this game is like watching a popwarner game.. Some of the blames of our offensive woes has to be placed on Fisch! Hes calling elementary run plays, no misdirection plays or screens. Hes not using the right personnel in key situations or plays.. The Jags have the worst 3rd down percentage in the league, and its just not on Henne but Fisch too.

On the other hand Gruden is calling a beautiful game, using his TE, and multiple RB on key plays.. His using playaction and misdirection to keep the defense off balance. Even after losing Rg3 there is no drop off..

I believe Fisch will be gone next year if this continues...

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

100% agree he needs to go. He has a certain style he wants to run and it doesn't translate into the NFL. We need to lure in an experienced OC

A college coordinator and not a good one. Someones head is going to roll and it will be his if this keeps up.

I think its the players and the play calling. Just bad all around

Quote:I think its the players and the play calling. Just bad all around
Are you referring to Chad when u say the players?

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 02:32 PM by HolsterHusto.)

Dead Fish..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Are you referring to Chad when u say the players?

The entire offensive line, 3 rookie WRs, but Chad doesnt help

ehh  - this o-line makes some decent play calls look horrible. Same goes for all the dropped passes.  Still -  there were a few calls that I didn't like.  Not Fisch's best effort today for sure.  Hoping for some adjustment, but this line and rookie wr situation doesn't give him many options. 

I'd like to see D-rob get 10 touches in the second half. 

Quote:Watching Fisch call this game is like watching a popwarner game.. Some of the blames of our offensive woes has to be placed on Fisch! Hes calling elementary run plays, no misdirection plays or screens. Hes not using the right personnel in key situations or plays.. The Jags have the worst 3rd down percentage in the league, and its just not on Henne but Fisch too.

On the other hand Gruden is calling a beautiful game, using his TE, and multiple RB on key plays.. His using playaction and misdirection to keep the defense off balance. Even after losing Rg3 there is no drop off..

I believe Fisch will be gone next year if this continues...
I am literally wondering if you are watching the game. Our O line is COMPLETE garbage. No playcalling can save you when a guy can come through the center and sack the QB without even being slowed down AND there are 2 guys on top of the QB as he turns to do a rollout. When you have to get the ball out of the QB hands in less than a half second the other team knows you have no deep threat on them, making it easy to press and jump short routes. Without better blocking there is no genius playcalling that will fix our offense.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind seeing just lobbing the ball deep to Lewis, Hurns, or Robinson and just hope they can outplay the defense for the ball. If they dont get it its like a punt which we are doing on most drives anyway.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

(This post was last modified: 09-14-2014, 03:27 PM by Yo Boy.)

Quote:I am literally wondering if you are watching the game. Our O line is COMPLETE garbage. No playcalling can save you when a guy can come through the center and sack the QB without even being slowed down AND there are 2 guys on top of the QB as he turns to do a rollout. When you have to get the ball out of the QB hands in less than a half second the other team knows you have no deep threat on them, making it easy to press and jump short routes. Without better blocking there is no genius playcalling that will fix our offense.

On a side note, I wouldn't mind seeing just lobbing the ball deep to Lewis, Hurns, or Robinson and just hope they can outplay the defense for the ball. If they dont get it its like a punt which we are doing on most drives anyway.
I agree the oline has been bad, but there are ways around that like screens, and max protections schemes, The plays are just not creative

The Fisch apologist will jump on you.

How did Fisch even get the job here in Jax?