Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Smith expected to be waived?

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:21 PM by Bon Jagley.)

Saw this tweet.

Quote: 

<div><b>Adam Caplan</b> <span style="color:rgb(136,153,166);font-size:13px;"><span>@caplannfl</span></span> · <span style="font-size:13px;color:rgb(0,132,180);">12m</span>
</div>

<p style="font-size:26px;"> 

<p style="font-size:26px;">#Jaguars are expected to waive 5th-round pick DE Chris Smith, source said.

<p style="font-size:26px;"> 

Hope he is wrong. Could be clearing room for Sanders and they don't want to cut a receiver with Shorts hurt. It just seems like there would be better candidates.

;

;

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

would be surprised. dude showed nice anticipation and a great firs step off the snap

maybe he goes to PS if released?

dont know about this move

cut Storm Johnson or Todman

YEESH

Wonder if it is to make room for Ace?

Practice squad would be fine but he would have to clear waivers first. A calculated risk if it happens.

;

;

Quote:Wonder if it is to make room for Ace?

That was my first thought. But I think he showed some promise in the preseason. Would hate to see us lose a guy like that.

;

;

Wow, did not expect this.

I looked up Caplan's twitter account and he just sent another out saying it could be to move Loston to the active roster.

They must be really confident of him clearing waivers.

Quote:Practice squad would be fine but he would have to clear waivers first. A calculated risk if it happens.
I don't think he has shown enough for someone to add him to their 53 man roster. The practice squad is a pretty safe bet.

Loston is my guess.

Quote:Loston is my guess.

Probably a one game deal if Cyp is back.

why move Loston to the active roster if Cyp's injury isn't long term?

Quote:I don't think he has shown enough for someone to add him to their 53 man roster. The practice squad is a pretty safe bet.

I could see the Giants or Cowboys claiming him.

Quote:I could see the Giants or Cowboys claiming him.
I doubt it.

Quote:why move Loston to the active roster if Cyp's injury isn't long term?

My guess is its only for one game. Prosinski is now the immediate back up at both safety positions. If someone goes down we're in trouble.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:I doubt it.

I think none of us have any clue.

I think he definitely had some flashes in the preseason.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:43 PM by Shack Del Rio.)

What I wonder is was he on the plane to DC? Could make for an awkward landing.

It's official.

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/jpshadrick'>J.P. Shadrick ‏@jpshadrick </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/jpshadrick/status/510831335645396992' title="12:44 PM - 13 Sep 2014">6m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Jags waive DE Chris Smith and sign S Craig Loston <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a>

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 12:59 PM by Kotite.)

He has flashed. It's a risk as I can think of one GM who has a woody for Arkansas and could use a pass rusher.
Only a chump boos the home team!

This is what happens when you finally have some talent on the roster. Guys like Reynolds winning a job over a free agent signing is another example. He'll be developed on the practice squad. Wonder if it is Loston or Ace.