Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chris Smith expected to be waived?

So with Loston active, does he see playing time this week? Or is he simply depth? I'd honestly like to see him play. I heard he's a "ballhawk" kind of saftey and a hard hitter. Though in all fairness I don't know much about him.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:So with Loston active, does he see playing time this week? Or is he simply depth? I'd honestly like to see him play. I heard he's a "ballhawk" kind of saftey and a hard hitter. Though in all fairness I don't know much about him.

He'll rotate in to give the starters a breather.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Saw this tweet.

<p class="bbc_indent" style="margin-left:40px;">

Hope he is wrong. Could be clearing room for Sanders and they don't want to cut a receiver with Shorts hurt. It just seems like there would be better candidates.

Wish they would cut Todman instead. We know what he is, not sure yet about Smith.
[Image: 160572067683e562faff2fbedb33413b.gif]

Quote:Wish they would cut Todman instead. We know what he is, not sure yet about Smith.

Storm's been injured, they'd only have Denard and Toby is they got rid of him.

Quote:Wish they would cut Todman instead. We know what he is, not sure yet about Smith.
I agree but I don't think this is the last we see of Chris Smith as a Jag.

They needed a fourth safety with Cyp out.  (and with Evans and Prosinski looking bad)  

Probably won't be claimed.

Not a big deal. 

Quote:Uhhhh 12....?

C'mon, its a proven fact that the answer is ALWAYS 42.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 02:25 PM by clfcrn777.)

My only question is, why not cut one of your billion running backs? Seriously. Tells you they really have no plan at the position. I dont get why todman is still here.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 02:27 PM by clfcrn777.)

There simply arent enough carries to justify so many. Especially when toby is carrying the load

Hope he clears waivers and gets signed to the practice squad
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:My only question is, why not cut one of your billion running backs? Seriously. Tells you they really have no plan at the position. I dont get why todman is still here.

By 'billion' do you mean 'four'?

Quote:By 'billion' do you mean 'four'?

4 is a lot on a 53 man roster

Quote:4 is a lot on a 53 man roster

It's really not.  11 teams carry only 3 RBs, one of which is the Ravens who would have had 4 with Rice.  5 teams carry 5 Rbs, and one team (the Rams) carries 6.  4 it pretty well the norm for most teams.

Why not just move Blackmon over to safety for one or two games? Why cut Smith? Any safety brought in now isn't any good at all. Blackmon knows the defense and could play the position better than some street free agent.

Quote:Why not just move Blackmon over to safety for one or two games? Why cut Smith? Any safety brought in now isn't any good at all. Blackmon knows the defense and could play the position better than some street free agent.
Nickelback to SS isn't a simple switch.  Assuming Will Blackmon would be comfortable at SS is probably a stretch. 

Quote:why move Loston to the active roster if Cyp's injury isn't long term?
Because one game with extensive use of Prosinski at safety was one game too many.

Do people forget Todman was one of the best kick off returners in the league last year? And who else would fill that role right now?

Quote:Do people forget Todman was one of the best kick off returners in the league last year? And who else would fill that role right now?

I must have typed that 6 six times in the past month.  Shocks me that no one gets it. 

27 yard average kick return is pretty darn good. 

Quote:I must have typed that 6 six times in the past month. Shocks me that no one gets it.

27 yard average kick return is pretty darn good.
I'll concede that Toddman does excel at that, but we were still terrible when it came to scoring last year, obviously his returns didn't help too much.
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."