Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne says Orton chants hurt his feelings

wonder how he is gonna feel on the twenty first, this old article actually makes me feel bad for him. not bad enough to want to watch him tank my team, but still.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-feelings/

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Harsh comments. But I wish the best for Henne every sunday, if he could play consistent through a whole game then he would be solid.

Quote:wonder how he is gonna feel on the twenty first, this old article actually makes me feel bad for him. not bad enough to want to watch him tank my team, but still.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/chad-henne-says-orton-chants-hurt-his-feelings/'>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/08/04/chad-henne-says-orton-chants-hurt-his-feelings/</a>
After one game, dude's on track to throw for 32 TDs and 4300 yards and people say he's terrible. It's not Henne you should feel sorry for.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:After one game, dude's on track to throw for 32 TDs and 4300 yards and people say he's terrible. It's not Henne you should feel sorry for.
it's not the stats we care about its winning and consistely.

Quote:it's not the stats we care about its winning and consistely.

Sure. Before it *was* the stats. Then when the stats improved, it was due to "garbage time". Now that garbage time is ruled out, stats suddenly don't matter.

Quote:After one game, dude's on track to throw for 32 TDs and 4300 yards and people say he's terrible. It's not Henne you should feel sorry for.

There are tons of garbage time stats to get him to those numbers for sure.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 11:11 PM by finwe.)

he is also on pace to go winless.  and 32/224 on third down conversions, which is 14% of them by the way.

Quote:There are tons of garbage time stats to get him to those numbers for sure.

So your position is that he got those stats in garbage time? Just to be clear. 

Quote: he is also on pace to go winless.  and 32/224 on third down conversions, which is 14% of them by the way.

Football's a team sport.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 01:50 AM by finwe.)

Quote:Football's a team sport.

true. or maybe we shouldn't extrapolate his stats.  those td will fall back to his career average and his third down conversions will go up to normal as well.  but we wont be winning many games with him.

Chad will be fine. He gets paid for every anti-henne comment I make. It's a good job when you think about it.

if you think henne will put numbers like that on a consistent basis, then you may be high or drunk. most of those yards are in garbage time. those 2 td are an anomaly. it's funny you actually think he'll throw 2 td's again. i would wager he throws 2 ints, before he throws 2 tds again.

Chad Henne starting at QB for my favorite team hurts my feelings.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I can't stand when people say this kind of trash. You know he's not going to throw for those numbers. You get one game against a trash defense like Philly, and supposedly that's enough to go madmen for the guy. Come on man, please get your head in the game. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I wish Henne the best in finding himself back where he should be, as a backup.

It makes me sad to think about the money he makes.

"If this team gets lessons from losing they should all be Einsteins by now."---Jaguarmvp

"Football is not played on paper, its played inside Televisions"---Random Poster BCC

Quote:Chad Henne starting at QB for my favorite team hurts my feelings.

This

Quote:I can't stand when people say this kind of trash. You know he's not going to throw for those numbers. You get one game against a trash defense like Philly, and supposedly that's enough to go madmen for the guy. Come on man, please get your head in the game.

Yeah, he couldnt possibly improve as the talent around him gets better, that there is Jags board dogma.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

So if I find $10 laying on the sidewalk, I'm on track to find $365 this year?

With the veteran WR corps and dominant O line Henne had around him, he should've thrown for more yards and had at least 5 TD. Not to mention the pounding run attack to compliment his passing.

Tell me, besides Hurns, who outplayed Henne on offense last week?