Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne says Orton chants hurt his feelings

Quote:So if I find $10 laying on the sidewalk, I'm on track to find $365 this year?

If you walk somewhere that you have the opportunity to find money on the ground consistently then , sure, why not? Will you let me know where that is?
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can understand his feelings, we all want to be respected for what we do. But here's the thing... Chad Henne is a professional. He is paid millions to play. How many of us would even be able to keep our job if we consistently did as sub-par a job as Henne does... and get paid millions to do it to boot! Answer: none of us.

Look... I wish for Henne to have success. I will not 'boo' him or any of Jaguar at games. However, Henne is a professional engaged at a professional level of sports. The Jacksonville fans have had to endure years of sub-par, even out right awful performance from it's team, particularly, it's quarterbacks and receiver corps. This is a performance driven market. That's just the way it is; that's the nature of  professional sports. If Henne wants the loyalty of the fans he first needs to earn it; he has not. Henne has time and again demonstrated his inconsistency. He is a 'stand in', a backup quarterback. He's someone to take the snap until Bortles gets on the field, that's all. This is not to say that we should 'boo' him; however, he doesn't rate the admiration of an elite player;

If I were getting paid the kind of money he's getting, I would be concentrating on doing my best and not worry about if the fans like me or not. As a backup, popularity isn't part of your benefits....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Henne is fulfilling his role perfectly- he's holding the fort while BB holds the clipboard and learns and while the OL learns to play together. It's one part letting things come together and one part letting BB absorb the information while Chad absorbs the hits and it's a good plan.

When the coaching staff, apparently fairly knowledgeable, feels that it's time to integrate BB into the flow they will do so. He'll likely take some snaps during garbage time during some games and then ramp it up as the coaching staff sees fit. I would like to see it sooner than later but the coaching staff knows better than me (they haven't called me either).

When BB takes over, Henne will drop into the background as the backup QB, qualified and capable of taking over as needed when BB inevitably gets banged up, be it for a play or for a week or two. Henne will likely complete his contract here as the backup to the now confident and capable Blake Bortles and as the next guy (Stephen Morris?) is groomed to become the next backup.

Henne, at that point, becomes the team's Todd Bouman on the tractor or perhaps the next Brian Sexton.

Season Ticket holder since 2004. Smile

This topic should be brought up the week we play the Dolphins. I live 325 miles south of Jax in Ft Lauderdale. I am a season ticket holder (yes I drive up for most games), I want Henne to start and beat the Dolphins so....the Dolphin fans would just kill themselves

Quote:This topic should be brought up the week we play the Dolphins. I live 325 miles south of Jax in Ft Lauderdale. I am a season ticket holder (yes I drive up for most games), I want Henne to start and beat the Dolphins so....the Dolphin fans would just kill themselves
...... well al'righty then! At least you know what you want...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Ya it would be so sweet. I am definitely in the minority down here. So many Dolphins, Jets, Pats fans down here. I wear my Jags gear here and people look at my like the Jags play in Australia. I remind them we are still in Florida. Although SoFla is pretty much New York south. OK done venting

Quote:This topic should be brought up the week we play the Dolphins. I live 325 miles south of Jax in Ft Lauderdale. I am a season ticket holder (yes I drive up for most games), I want Henne to start and beat the Dolphins so....the Dolphin fans would just kill themselves

How did you come to be a Jags fan, esp living in Ft. Lauderdale, which is right next to Miami?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:After one game, dude's on track to throw for 32 TDs and 4300 yards and people say he's terrible. It's not Henne you should feel sorry for.

Chad Henne - King of the box score statistics

Quote:wonder how he is gonna feel on the twenty first, this old article actually makes me feel bad for him. not bad enough to want to watch him tank my team, but still.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...-feelings/
Boy, he better wear ear plugs then if he's the starting qb by the time of our home opener because having blake bortles on the bench right now is worst than having Tim Tebow on the bench during his stint with the denver bronco's. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

Quote:After one game, dude's on track to throw for 32 TDs and 4300 yards and people say he's terrible. It's not Henne you should feel sorry for.

And Allen Hurns is on track to catch 32 TDs and 1760 yards.  That's a record breaker.  

Andre Branch is on track for 32 sacks.  The team on track for 80.  Branch is going to set a record, and our team is going to set a record there.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:And Allen Hurns is on track to catch 32 TDs and 1760 yards.  That's a record breaker.  

Andre Branch is on track for 32 sacks.  The team on track for 80.  Branch is going to set a record, and our team is going to set a record there.

The difference being people are calling for Allen Hurns and Andre Branch to be benched after their week 1 performance.

Quote:The difference being people are calling for Allen Hurns and Andre Branch to be benched after their week 1 performance.

p. sure everybody's basing wanting Henne benched on his previous years of play.  Or does that not count anymore?

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:p. sure everybody's basing wanting Henne benched on his previous years of play.  Or does that not count anymore?

Of course it doesn't.  He's a veteran with experience in our offense.  He's obviously the best option at this point.  /sarcasm

Quote:Boy, he better wear ear plugs then if he's the starting qb by the time of our home opener because having blake bortles on the bench right now is worst than having Tim Tebow on the bench during his stint with the denver bronco's. 

he better gets some noise cancelling head phones and turn the music up ... the booing/chanting for Bortles may be so loud the offense won't be able to hear the play call

Quote:p. sure everybody's basing wanting Henne benched on his previous years of play.  Or does that not count anymore?

A lot of people just have Henneitis.

Henneitis: Being tired of seeing mediocre to below average QB play from QB Chad Henne for close to 3 quarters every game he plays, usually resulting in a loss.

Could have 1 quality quarter or so, but will always resort back to mediocre to below average play. Especially poor at 3rd down conversions.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:It makes me sad to think about the money he makes.

why?

You Henne-haters crack me up.  When his stats are bad you say it's proof he's terrible.  When his stats are good you explain it away by saying stats don't count.  Are you all children of Pete Prisco or something?   Henne is what he is, a middle-of-the-road professional NFL QB.  So stop with the hand-wringing.  Bortles will get in there eventually.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Stranahan Dragon Alumn here..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

It's a tough competitive league.....check your feelings at the door.

Quote:And Allen Hurns is on track to catch 32 TDs and 1760 yards.  That's a record breaker.  

So, bookit? 

:teehee: