Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Chad Henne says Orton chants hurt his feelings

Quote:You Henne-haters crack me up.  When his stats are bad you say it's proof he's terrible.  When his stats are good you explain it away by saying stats don't count.  Are you all children of Pete Prisco or something?   Henne is what he is, a middle-of-the-road professional NFL QB.  So stop with the hand-wringing.  Bortles will get in there eventually.
No my friend you and the rest of the henne apologist needs to understand that Bortles needs to be in the starting line up immediately because he's the best qb option for this football team. Period.  

[Image: giphy.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Now I'm a huge Bortles supporter and want him to be starting. But when Henne is out there, he's our starting qb. He's our guy. While he's on the field you support him and want him to do well. You don't boo him, don't chant to pull him DURING a game. On these message boards and everything sure, but a real fan doesn't boo their team.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Been gone for a while. Come back and its start the other QB. 

Guess the more you're gone, the more things stay the same

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 04:43 PM by hailtoyourvictor.)

Quote:p. sure everybody's basing wanting Henne benched on his previous years of play.  Or does that not count anymore?

Who said that? Lame strawmans are your cup of tea.

Quote:Now I'm a huge Bortles supporter and want him to be starting. But when Henne is out there, he's our starting qb. He's our guy. While he's on the field you support him and want him to do well. You don't boo him, don't chant to pull him DURING a game. On these message boards and everything sure, but a real fan doesn't boo their team.

This.

Also, Henne played a fine last week. There have been and will be plenty of times to bash Henne, but bashing him because of last week's game is nonsensical. The worst thing about this forum is that it's impossible for people with agendas to give credit where credit is due.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 04:47 PM by no1jag.)

so we are really bringing articles from 3 years ago to the forefront now? 

Bortles will get his time and get it soon.  We all know it and Chad knows it.  So just sit back and enjoy when it does.

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:So if I find $10 laying on the sidewalk, I'm on track to find $365 this year?

$3650.

"Why should I give information to you when all you want to do is find something wrong with it?"

Please refer Section105 to our simple math thread please. :thanks: :whistling:

<!-- isHtml:1 --><!-- isHtml:1 -->;

;

Quote:$3650.
I'm going to start using sidewalks more often.

Never see money when I'm driving in the street.

Quote:Sure. Before it *was* the stats. Then when the stats improved, it was due to "garbage time". Now that garbage time is ruled out, stats suddenly don't matter.
Bingo.  At this point, it really doesn't matter what Henne does, good or bad.  The usual suspects will find a way to move the goal line in order to continue to bash the guy as if there's some indication from anyone that he's anything more than a placeholder. 

If he were to hit the numbers you mentioned above, he'd be setting franchise records, and he'd still get nothing but a ration of garbage from a small segment of the fan base.

Now it's about wins, and no matter how well Henne plays, if anything breaks down on either side of the ball and it results in a loss, he's going to take the blame from the same people. 

I almost hope he plays the whole year now because it will bring such misery to this segment of the fan base that they might just bail on the team.  We'd be better off. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Man our fanbase is really ignorant at times.

1.  Henne had a rating over 90.  Hardly garbage worthy.

2.  Who was he going to throw the ball too?  Rookies and slow Mercedes Lewis.  Once they doubled Hurns nobody was open

3. Does he pass protect or run block? 

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

I've given Henne more than his share of bashing but starting a thread over a 3 year old article is lame. #twopenniesworth.

Looking to troll? Don't bother, we supply our own.

Quote:No my friend you and the rest of the henne apologist needs to understand that Bortles needs to be in the starting line up immediately because he's the best qb option for this football team. Period.  
I guess the Henne apologists would include the head coach and offensive coordinator since they're the ones who will ultimately determine when Bortles takes the field, and as of week 2, that hasn't happened. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:I've given Henne more than his share of bashing but starting a thread over a 3 year old article is lame. #twopenniesworth.
It's definitely a pathetic reach to find something else to bash Henne over.

Quote:Man our fanbase is really ignorant at times.

1.  Henne had a rating over 90.  Hardly garbage worthy.

2.  Who was he going to throw the ball too?  Rookies and slow Mercedes Lewis.  Once they doubled Hurns nobody was open

3. Does he pass protect or run block? 

Those are all just excuses. Of course, if Bortles gets in there and struggles, these will become perfectly acceptable to use to defend him. 

The reality here is that Gus is not deviating from his plan.  He'll start Bortles when he determines he's ready to take that role.  No amount of whining and complaining from the fan base is going to change that fact.  So, I can't wait for the home opener to hear all the boos cascading down for the Jaguars starting QB when it's announced it's Henne.  That will show just what a savvy fan base we have. 

This "stress free" environment Gus preaches in developing Bortles is something he believes to his core, and an approach that he feels will prove itself out given time.  Based on where we've seen Bortles start from, and where he is today, it's already showing that Gus' approach is paying dividends, and still the high minded fans here refuse to allow this process to play itself out progressively.  They must trash the guy who is basically keeping the seat warm, and portray a loss as all on his shoulders.  They question the intellect of the coaching staff in holding Bortles out until they feel he's ready despite the fact that their approach has pretty much already proven itself to be the right one. They can't think much beyond their hatred for a player, and I simply don't understand this lack of logic. 

Quote:No my friend you and the rest of the henne apologist needs to understand that Bortles needs to be in the starting line up immediately because he's the best qb option for this football team. Period.

So you're smarter than me. Fair enough, we don't know each other and maybe you are. But you're also claiming to have more football knowledge than Bradley and Caldwell and *that* is extremely arrogant to say the least.
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

Quote:So you're smarter than me. Fair enough, we don't know each other and maybe you are. But you're also claiming to have more football knowledge than Bradley and Caldwell and *that* is extremely arrogant to say the least.
Based on reading leo's posts, I think it's safe to assume that he's not smarter than Bradley and Caldwell, or even you for that matter.

Is that a compliment?  I'll have to work on that.

Quote:Based on reading leo's posts, I think it's safe to assume that he's not smarter than Bradley and Caldwell, or even you for that matter.

Is that a compliment? I'll have to work on that.

Hehe, that one is going in the memory bank for possible future reference. ;-)
I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

As a realist I know this season is just about development, winning the division or making the playoffs is highly unlikely. I just feel like the team is treading water until Bortles is the starter so how am I supposed to get excited about my team when I feel that way? Is it too early to look forward to the draft because we'll likely be picking top 10 again.
"I just know we need to win." - Coach Jack Del Rio

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 07:17 PM by Jerrad.)

Edit: double post.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!