Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Adrian Peterson indicted for child abuse

Minnesota Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted for child abuse in North Montgomery County, TX. 

Peterson missed Vikings team practice yesterday -- though the team explained it as a "veteran's day."

Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Peterson and an 11-year-old boy. 

Earlier today, Peterson posted a message on Twitter -- though it's unclear if it's related to the case. 

"People understand that if you are on God's course and suppose to have that position and man decides to remove you know that God will remove everyone to place you rightfully! You matter!"

"Its your season! Weapons may form but won’t prosper! God has you covered don’t stress or worry!" 

Story developing ...

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/12/adrian-pet...z3D8YHjLGr

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote: 

Minnesota Vikings superstar Adrian Peterson has reportedly been indicted for child abuse in North Montgomery County, TX. 

Peterson missed Vikings team practice yesterday -- though the team explained it as a "veteran's day."

Child Protective Services confirms they are working on a case involving Peterson and an 11-year-old boy. 

"People understand that if you are on God's course and suppose to have that position and man decides to remove you know that God will remove everyone to place you rightfully! You matter!"

"Its your season! Weapons may form but won’t prosper! God has you covered don’t stress or worry!"

Well, in high school I wrote Jesus on all my tests because Jesus is always the answer.

TMZ is on a roll this week.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

(picks up Matt Asiata)

What will Goodell do about this?  I think he is in over his head.  His power trip is coming to an end!

Quote:(picks up Matt Asiata)
tried to do the same  - someone beat me to it!!   :teehee:

Kidding aside - I hope that no children were seriously hurt or jeopardized and that justice is served accordingly.

Quote:What will Goodell do about this?  I think he is in over his head.  His power trip is coming to an end!

I don't understand this way of thinking?  Please define for me.  Should he punish based on the media report?  I'm not an apologist for the NFL and its shield but I still believe in being evaluated by job performance not the angry mob.

The Khan Years

Patience, Persistence, and Piss Poor General Managers.

Think they will take Gerhart back at a discount?

"indicted for reckless or negligent injury to a child"

NFL.com is saying he spanked his 11 year old for being a brat...

No one is safe.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 07:27 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:"indicted for reckless or negligent injury to a child"

NFL.com is saying he spanked his 11 year old for being a brat...
Its a shame you cant even discipline your children anymore without fear of something like this happening.

From what I understand he used a switch to discipline his kid. I can't recall how many times my grandmother used a switch on my behind when I was acting up. I understand there's a fine line between discipline and abuse. Lets hope he didn't cross the line as the information unfolds.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter'>Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/510560246356779009' title="3:47 PM - 12 Sep 2014">1m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:Arial, sans-serif;font-size:14.2857141494751px;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Vikings announced they have deactivated RB Adrian Peterson.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 07:11 PM by The Eleventh Doctor.)

Per CBS Minnesota:

http://deadspin.com/report-adrian-peters...1634160368

Quote: 

Sports Radio 610 in Houston obtained a draft of the police report which says Peterson admitted that he did, in his words, "whoop" one of his children last May while the boy was visiting him in Houston.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-style:italic;">When the 4-year-old boy returned to Minnesota, his mother took him to a doctor. The police report said the boy told the doctor Peterson had hit him with a branch from a tree.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-style:italic;">The doctor told investigators that the boy had a number of lacerations on his thighs, along with bruise-like marks on his lower back and buttocks and cuts on his hand.

<p style="font-family:Georgia, serif;color:rgb(51,51,51);font-style:italic;">The police report says the doctor described some of the marks as open wounds and termed it "child abuse." Another examiner agreed, calling the cuts "extensive."

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Obviously have to hear the whole story, but I just heard "spanking his son with a switch" on an NFL.com video. 

I reckon there's more to it than that.  That was a regular occurrence for me as a child and I remember it comically these days.  

My parents would often instruct me to enter the back yard and "pull a switch."  It was the selection process that held the most punishment IMO. 

I flimsy switch would have you sent back to get a sturdier one along with the admonishment "you're just making it worse!" 

Imagine an 6 or 7 year old attempting to find the perfect instrument with which to have his rear-end reddened.  I find it comical now, but it was certainly formative  -- and in a good way, IMO. 

(edit  -- after reading the quote above -- it would appear AP took it too far.)

I am not from the south and never was punished with a switch or any other physical abuse growing up. AP took this waaaaayyyyyy too far in my opinion. After seeing pictures that were taken of the wounds a week after the beating, he should be arrested. No excuse for that type of action to a defenseless child.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 07:33 PM by knarnn.)

Quote:I am not from the south and never was punished with a switch or any other physical abuse growing up. AP took this waaaaayyyyyy too far in my opinion. After seeing pictures that were taken of the wounds a week after the beating, he should be arrested. No excuse for that type of action to a defenseless child.
The thing is though that this case was already submitted for prosecution previously and it was denied. Only after the Ray Rice mess was it resubmitted and given the OK to file charges. What changed?

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://m.nbcsports.com/content/adrian-peterson-charges-weren%E2%80%99t-pursued-grand-jury-first-time'>http://m.nbcsports.com/content/adrian-peterson-charges-weren%E2%80%99t-pursued-grand-jury-first-time</a>

im not against spanking a child by any means.  but "open wounds" doesn't sound like the spankings a lot of us received as children.

Read somewhere there was a discrepancy about which city or county in Texas the abuse took place. The kid reportedly said that "Daddy has a lot of belts and has a whooping room." Sick person.

Quote:im not against spanking a child by any means. but "open wounds" doesn't sound like the spankings a lot of us received as children.

I agree with your statement overall. Its subjective so I'll let you be the judge:

[Image: nhgt9nadrwbddnyxqgon.jpg]

[Image: uhc1803hyhedi4doalfc.jpg]

Yeah - this is sounding more and more nightmarish.  

When I referred to having my rear-end "reddened" earlier - I certainly did NOT mean bruised or bloodied.  AP apparently has serious issues and his greatest enemy couldn't have picked a more "perfect storm" moment for him to have the book swiftly thrown at him. 

I've gotten the belt, wiffle bat, paddle, and hand. I never got the switch but my parents talked about it a lot. Just to put in my two cents, I also got the timeout which was always the least effective.