Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Odds Stacked Against us This Week

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 11:40 AM by Omaha's Number 1JAGSFAN.)

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to heaven, we were all going direct the other way - in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only."

This great quote by the late Edgar Allen Poe sums up the Jags first game of the season. Through two quarters, we looked like the best team in the NFL, and for the final two quarters we looked like Blaine Gabbert was playing all 11 positions on offense, defense, and special teams. While the leadership of Josh Scobee, Bryan Anger and Allen Hurns set the tone for the first half of the game, it was plainly clear that Gus Bradley's inability to make any halftime adjustments was our downfall. Chip Kelly was playing chess while Gus Bradley was playing checkers and to give a collegiate analogy, it looked like one coach was groomed for the NFL in the Pac 12, while the other was groomed for the NFL in the NCC. Obviously Bradley's decision to bring in a another kicker in the preseason to compete with Scobee is still effecting his psyche, and the coaching staff and only the coaching staff should be held accountable for Scobee's two misses on Sunday as Scobee missed twice as much Sunday as he did all of last year. I am not suggesting at this point that special teams coach Mike Mallory be fired, but supervision over special teams this week must be something that is micro managed by Gus Bradley.

Moving on to this week, the odds are stacked against us, and Jags nation should not be happy. Come Sunday, we would have had twice as many road trips as our opponent the Washington ########## (still refuse to state their team nickname) and although the Jags are more talented, better coached, and have a much better overall corporate infrastructure, my fear is that  over exhaustion from this excessively cruel travel schedule could be the great equalizer. In order for us to start the season 1-1, this is an absolute must win game for us - no one in their right minds can argue that. The conditions will be dramatically different as the Jags will go from practicing in upper 80's degree weather at 16 feet above sea level to playing in chilly mid 70's weather at conditions that could be as high as 409, yes 409 feet above sea level. I realize that every team must travel for at least half of their games, but come on, do we really have to do this in our first two weeks? Then factor in the plane ride, where that time in the skies could have been used for more practice time, and this is all of the sudden setting up to be a huge trap game for us. I have not looked ahead as I am taking things one week at a time, but I trust the schedule will equal out and we will have back to back games at some point this season - knowing Goodell though, probably not. They key for this game is very simple - we must play the second half as well as we played the first half in week one. We then must not play the first half like we played the second half in week one. Doing so would eliminate 31 points for our opponent, and would then double our output to 34 points. 

To quote for Husker Head Coach William P. Callahan "our goals are still intact" and "this week we are not going to take what they give us, we are going to take what we want."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

409 feet above sea level? Oh gosh, we are doomed. Although the higher elevation may aid Henne's ability to throw the deep ball, getting more velocity. Same goes for scobee. I'm sure right now, he's emotionally scarred. Spent a lot of time crying in the film room. Ultimately, I believe he has the strength to persevere and kick some balls through goal posts.
No commercial messages in sigs

Chad Henne.... that is why we will lose.

"If you always do what you've always done, You'll always get what you always got"

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 11:45 AM by Omahas #2 Jags Fan.)

C'mon Omaha's #1, isnt that Dickens??  You have to love our chances in our Nation's Capital despite the altitude, which I do concede is a major factor.  I find it hard to believe that RGIII and the Washington Racists will score a single point against a front four that will wreak havoc on the former Heisman Winner.  Jags 42 Washington ######## 0.

President, Omaha for Jacksonville

Quote:C'mon Omaha's #1, isnt that Dickens??  You have to love our chances in our Nation's Capital despite the altitude, which I do concede is a major factor.  I find it hard to believe that RGIII and the Washington Racists will score a single point against a front four that will wreak havoc on the former Heisman Winner.  Jags 42 Washington ######## 0.
Omaha's#2 I just don't see 42-0. If things go as I think they will 38-0 yes, but 42 would be a pretty significant increase.  I wonder if Bryan Anger will still be the holder for Scobee this week?

I at least want a free firehouse sub combo.  Go Scobee.

I think everyone's forgetting the real reason we lost.  

At the start of the game, the temperature was a nice 75 degrees.  It was only after half-time that it began to warm up.  With the Jaguars wearing their Black Jerseys, they didn't stand a chance.  The temperatures warmed up too much, and the Eagles succeeded by being smart -- and wearing white.  

It didn't help them in the first half, because it was still too cool.  But by half-time things started to heat up.  The Jaguars were feeling too warm, while the Eagles in their white jerseys were feeling nice and cool.  It might have gotten up all the way to 80 degrees.  That's just too uncomfortable for the typically cool-weather Florida team.  

Had the Jaguars been allowed to wear white -- they would have easily dominated the entire game.  

Chip Kelly was just too cunning.  He knew that the weather would heat up.  He probably drove around a gas guzzler all week just to make sure the temperatures warmed up.  He used global warming to his advantage -- something you'd never see an honest team like the Jaguars do.  

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Chalres Dickens brah, not Edgar Allen Poe

Odds stacked against us = Chad Henne

He's saving the Poe quote for 12/14.  

Look, the only way we lose this week is if Washington scores more points than the Jags, so everyone just relax.

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 12:26 PM by C'MON JAGS.)

Something very very rare is going to happen for the Jags when they meet the Redskins at 1pm on Sunday.

The Jags will actually have a better record than the team they will face, in their last 17 games (full 2013 season plus 1st game of this season).

The Redskins are 3-14 in their last 17 games and the Jags are 4-13 in their last 17 games.

Also, the Redskins have lost 9 straight games and the Jags are 4-5 in their last 9 games.

What does this mean?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

If we lose, the usual suspects will say we were supposed to lose because RG3 was the 2nd pick in the draft.

Quote:Something very very rare is going to happen for the Jags when they meet the Redskins at 1pm on Sunday.

The Jags will actually have a better record than the team they will face, in their last 17 games (full 2013 season plus 1st game of this season).

The Redskins are 3-14 in their last 17 games and the Jags are 4-13 in their last 17 games.

Also, the Redskins have lost 9 straight games and the Jags are 4-5 in their last 9 games.

What does this mean?

it means championship of course.   or that henne is efficient,   totally sure its one of them

Quote:409 feet above sea level? Oh gosh, we are doomed. Although the higher elevation may aid Henne's ability to throw the deep ball, getting more velocity. Same goes for scobee. I'm sure right now, he's emotionally scarred. Spent a lot of time crying in the film room. Ultimately, I believe he has the strength to persevere and kick some balls through goal posts.
Chad Henne could throw the ball over a mountain at that elevation. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:If we lose, the usual suspects will say we were supposed to lose because RG3 was the 2nd pick in the draft.

And if we win with a good Henne performance, the usual suspects will do their best to diminish his impact. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:C'mon Omaha's #1, isnt that Dickens??  You have to love our chances in our Nation's Capital despite the altitude, which I do concede is a major factor.  I find it hard to believe that RGIII and the Washington Racists will score a single point against a front four that will wreak havoc on the former Heisman Winner.  Jags 42 Washington ######## 0.

Quote:Chalres Dickens brah, not Edgar Allen Poe

Forget it.  He's rolling. 

Quote:And if we win with a good Henne performance, the usual suspects will do their best to diminish his impact. 

A good performance against that dreadful defense is somewhat expected. If it isn't good, Gus' decision should be a little easier and faster.

Quote:A good performance against that dreadful defense is somewhat expected. If it isn't good, Gus' decision should be a little easier and faster.
As I predicted, you're already laying the groundwork.  Good for you.

What you continue to ignore is the fact that Henne's performance is not the determining factor in fulfilling your little fantasy. 

We shall win this one my friends.

[Image: tumblr_m83hiyuAhY1qdcfc3o1_500.gif]

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]