Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Odds Stacked Against us This Week

Quote:As I predicted, you're already laying the groundwork.  Good for you.

What you continue to ignore is the fact that Henne's performance is not the determining factor in fulfilling your little fantasy. 

Yes, typically, good QB play is not the main determining factor in winning. In case of a loss, i'm sure you will focus on the 1 drop that occurred.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:And if we win with a good Henne performance, the usual suspects will do their best to diminish his impact. 

Those usual suspects should make a deal with the football Gods, that if the Jags win, somehow, someway, they should have to praise Henne for a line or 2 every post they make in the Jaguars forum until Henne loses another game as Jags QB.

If the Jags lose, then by all means Henne is fair game for anything you want to post.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

It was the best of times, it was the BLURST of times!

One of these years.............

Quote:Those usual suspects should make a deal with the football Gods, that if the Jags win, somehow, someway, they should have to praise Henne for a line or 2 every post they make in the Jaguars forum until Henne loses another game as Jags QB.

If the Jags lose, then by all means Henne is fair game for anything you want to post.

seems fair.  and if henne blows the game, I suppose you guys will start calling for bortles in each post as well.

Quote:  seems fair.  and if henne blows the game, I suppose you guys will start calling for bortles in each post as well.

Sigh,

Why is it that every issue turns into one side against the other?  It's like politics for crying out loud. 

Quote:Sigh,

Why is it that every issue turns into one side against the other?  It's like politics for crying out loud. 
DONT YOU SIGH IN THIS THREAD BUDDY!

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:DONT YOU SIGH IN THIS THREAD BUDDY!

I'll sigh if I want to jackwagon!

Quote:I'll sigh if I want to jackwagon!
Who you callin' jackwagon you jive turkey!

60% of the time, It works Everytime...

[Image: BS5hg.jpg][Image: m5Lb.jpg][Image: 5YnyA.jpg][Image: U2VW7.jpg]

Quote:Yes, typically, good QB play is not the main determining factor in winning. In case of a loss, i'm sure you will focus on the 1 drop that occurred.
I'll focus on the reality win or lose.  You're welcome to continue fixating on your fantasy either way. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

For every dropped pass and wrong route, Stroud does a shot.

For every poorly thrown and batted down pass, FBT does a shot.

I think you both will get your buzz on by the end of the game.

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.

Quote:For every dropped pass and wrong route, Stroud does a shot.

More like alcohol poisoning
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:For every dropped pass and wrong route, Stroud does a shot.

Something tells me FBT would be stumbling a little more than myself with bet like that.

Quote:although the Jags are more talented, better coached,

What are you basing this on?  The Redskins are two years removed from winning their division with more talent on the roster than they had?  What have the Jaguars done with this "talent" to make them more talented?  And how can they be better coached when both team have rookie head coaches?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 02:05 PM by IBleedBnG.)

You guys are hilarious

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 02:08 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:What are you basing this on?  The Redskins are two years removed from winning their division with more talent on the roster than they had?  What have the Jaguars done with this "talent" to make them more talented?  And how can they be better coached when both team have rookie head coaches?

The Redskins have a rookie coach; Gus Bradley is in his second year. I like your talent on offensive, specifically at the skill positions; however, I'm not a fan of RGIII. I don't think he'll ever transition into an effective pocket passer, his first instinct is to run, and unfortunately he doesn't have the mass to take hits from NFL defenders consistently. Your defense is pretty bad, Orakpo is an obvious stud, and Kerrigan is solid, besides that there's not much to talk about. There's a reason your defense is ranked near the bottom each year, it's because you don't have a lot of good players on that side of the ball. Good luck on Sunday.

I also believe RGIII is incredibly mentally weak btw, there isn't a more insecure man in the NFL.

Quote:The Redskins have a rookie coach; Gus Bradley is in his second year. I like your talent on offensive, specifically at the skill positions; however, I'm not a fan of RGIII. I don't think he'll ever transition into an effective pocket passer, his first instinct is to run, and unfortunately he doesn't have the mass to take hits from NFL defenders consistently. Your defense is pretty bad, Orakpo is an obvious stud, and Kerrigan is solid, besides that there's not much to talk about. There's a reason your defense is ranked near the bottom each year, it's because you don't have a lot of good players on that side of the ball. Good luck on Sunday.

I appreciate your candor and agree and disagree with some of your points.  I forgot this is Gus Bradley's second year as a HC.  But after going 4-12, there isn't much room to state that the Jaguars are a better coached team other than one year experience in the pros which wasn't overwhelming.

As far as RG3, the jury is out - yes.  But after one game, its hard to say if he will be able to make the transition or not.  Had he not had the rookie season he had, people would be less critical.  But after one game, I am SOME WHAT encouraged that he was smart with the football.  He didn't make any plays, but did some good things in his development.  He did a much better job protecting himself.  He still has room to grow but if there is a QB who can make the transition like Steve Young or Randall Cunningham, it's RG3.  Lets see how the year unfolds.

Defensively, they are improved.  They went from 28 to 18 over the last two seasons.  And without Shanahan inserting himself and some added talent, I fully expect the Redskins defense to be between 15-10 this year.  They have a young up and coming MLB in Keenan Robinson.  David Amerson has emerged as a very good CB.  The addition of Jason Hatcher has already shown to pay dividends. 

Good luck to you guys as well.  I hope there aren't anymore significant injuries to either teams.

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 02:58 PM by jagforlife85.)

Quote:I appreciate your candor and agree and disagree with some of your points.  I forgot this is Gus Bradley's second year as a HC.  But after going 4-12, there isn't much room to state that the Jaguars are a better coached team other than one year experience in the pros which wasn't overwhelming.

As far as RG3, the jury is out - yes.  But after one game, its hard to say if he will be able to make the transition or not.  Had he not had the rookie season he had, people would be less critical.  But after one game, I am SOME WHAT encouraged that he was smart with the football.  He didn't make any plays, but did some good things in his development.  He did a much better job protecting himself.  He still has room to grow but if there is a QB who can make the transition like Steve Young or Randall Cunningham, it's RG3.  Lets see how the year unfolds.

Defensively, they are improved.  They went from 28 to 18 over the last two seasons.  And without Shanahan inserting himself and some added talent, I fully expect the Redskins defense to be between 15-10 this year.  They have a young up and coming MLB in Keenan Robinson.  David Amerson has emerged as a very good CB.  The addition of Jason Hatcher has already shown to pay dividends. 

Good luck to you guys as well.  I hope there aren't anymore significant injuries to either teams.

We'll see about the defense, I don't like your secondary, specifically the safeties as both are liabilities. I do like Amerson's upside, he's a guy that would fit well in our system because of his length, I'm no fan of Deangelo Hall, his play is average and he seems to be a "me" guy. Admittedly I don't know much about Keenan Robinson, but hopefully he works out for you. The strength of this defense is obviously the pass rush, two studs on the edge and a nice interior force in Hatcher, although he's no spring chicken and has had knee issues this offseason. Your offense has a chance to be elite if the QB can be consistent, D-Jax, Garcon and Roberts form a speedy trio, Jordan Reed is an emerging star if he can stay healthy, Trent Williams is one of the best LT's in football, and Alf is Alf. Imo the RGIII has crippled this organization, because this team has some talent to compete in a bad NFC East, giving up the resources it took to get RGIII is ridiculous, the jury still shouldn't be out considering his draft status, as RGIII goes so do the Redskins, I have my doubts.

Scobee has more talent in his pinkie toe than Washington has on their entire roster.

Quote:Something tells me FBT would be stumbling a little more than myself with bet like that.
looks like you each get a shot from the 1st series

Kaishakunin for hire.

* (disclaimer) If you think I'm serious, hit yourself in the face w/ a hammer.