Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Forsett?.. We gave up?

I know woulda,coulda,shoulda. But as Justin Forsett runs wild for Baltimore, he sat on the pine here. Yes, injuries were a factor, but in hindsight, he woulda been a nice compliment to Toby.

With out OLine the way it is, Monroe is missed as well.

Just some stuff that ate at me watching the Raven/Steeler game.

But back to Forsett. Does Baltimore run a better scheme? Have better run blockers? All the above? Because the Forsett I've watched the first two games isn't the same guy that rode the pine here.

Sour grapes on my part. Just wondering.
Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I didnt see the highlights but Baltimore does run a better scheme and has WAY better blockers than we do.

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 08:53 AM by JagsFanClubOfMD.)

Quote:I didnt see the highlights but Baltimore does run a better scheme and has WAY better blockers than we do.

I think the scheme is pretty much the same with Kubiak.

They also have a much better QB, that helps out the running game too.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:They also have a much better QB, that helps out the running game too.

This

:pinch: I knew I'd see this thread at some point. Let's just ignore the fact that he was their 3rd string RB until Ray Rice was released, so he really only made the team on special teams. Also, he was coming off an injury when he was here which is part of the reason he never caught on here. Players have different productions at different times with different teams. It happens. He also played for Seattle, Indy and Houston and they found him expendable too.

Maybe he was one of those free agent signees taking a vacation while in Jax like Aaron Ross.

He's still behind Pierce, who isn't even that good.  Houston and Seattle also let the guy walk.  I don't see why we would have any regrets about the guy.

"NO RAGRETS"

Not even a single letter. 

[Image: b4d39b2962f7e7ac23159684cd651356.jpg?itok=gcsr8lPP]

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:I know woulda,coulda,shoulda. But as Justin Forsett runs wild for Baltimore, he sat on the pine here. Yes, injuries were a factor, but in hindsight, he woulda been a nice compliment to Toby.

But back to Forsett. Does Baltimore run a better scheme? Have better run blockers? All the above? Because the Forsett I've watched the first two games isn't the same guy that rode the pine here.

He had 8 carries for 56 yards and one was for 41.

On the long run, it was a perfectly blocked play and one of the Steeler defenders took a terrible angle. It was a run almost any running back in the league could have made in that situation.

He also had a handful of runs for miminal gain or negative yards.

He had his shot here and could not stay healthy. Not sure I would dwell on it for long.

Quote:I think the scheme is pretty much the same with Kubiak.

I think you are right. I should've said the execution and players running the scheme are WAY better.

#iamlegend

Quote:Maybe he was one of those free agent signees taking a vacation while in Jax like Aaron Ross.

Where is Aaron Ross again?

Oh yea...paper or plastic?

#iamlegend

Quote:I know woulda,coulda,shoulda. But as Justin Forsett runs wild for Baltimore, he sat on the pine here. Yes, injuries were a factor, but in hindsight, he woulda been a nice compliment to Toby.

Dude, seriously, Justin Forsett is a 29 year old scatback who also happens to be a journeyman. He sucks, you're really complaining about losing Justin frickin Forsett?

Quote:Dude, seriously, Justin Forsett is a 29 year old scatback who also happens to be a journeyman. He sucks, you're really complaining about losing Justin frickin Forsett?

Reminds me of last year with George Selvie. Anytime he had a sack for the Cowboys somebody would start a thread like "Why did the Jaguars let Selvie go???".

He's nothing special.

One game against a defense that you can carve up like swiss cheese.

Pittsburgh's defense is nothing like it used to be.

That, and the Ravens have capable aerial threats with Flacco, Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, and Daniels/Pitta.

Quote:He's nothing special.

One game against a defense that you can carve up like swiss cheese.

Pittsburgh's defense is nothing like it used to be.

That, and the Ravens have capable aerial threats with Flacco, Torrey Smith, Steve Smith, and Daniels/Pitta.

Yeah, Pittsburgh's defense is running on lore right now.  They're nothing special, and haven't really lived up to the myth for a while now. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Reminds me of last year with George Selvie. Anytime he had a sack for the Cowboys somebody would start a thread like "Why did the Jaguars let Selvie go???".

Some fans are really ignorant, I recall the "great" Deji Karim returning a kickoff for a touchdown when he played for the Colts a few years back, fans were up in arms about that as well, it's comical.

Quote:Yeah, Pittsburgh's defense is running on lore right now. They're nothing special, and haven't really lived up to the myth for a while now.

Watching Troy Polamalu catapult himself face first into the turf while trying to hurdle both lines to block a kick pretty much epitomized the state of their defense.

Quote:Yeah, Pittsburgh's defense is running on lore right now.  They're nothing special, and haven't really lived up to the myth for a while now. 

I agree with multiple post from you. Is the world ok? lol

Quote:Some fans are really ignorant, I recall the "great" Deji Karim returning a kickoff for a touchdown when he played for the Colts a few years back, fans were up in arms about that as well, it's comical.

Only kick in the nads i didnt like was releasing Dujuan Harris. I really liked the kid. He has track speed and video game like moves.

#iamlegend

Different scheme and team. This makes all the difference. I didnt think he was that impressive myself. He had one long run due to amazing blocking. Kind of like how Spoles against us had one good run that made his stat line look one hundred times better. Derek Cox was good for us. Goes to a play off team and boom, he sucks. Can never predict these things
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."