Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Anyone impressed by how good our corners are?

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 05:13 PM by MightyRx.)

I know I am.

We use to get exploited on the outside often.

Now the only big plays happen in the middle...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I can't say that i'm impressed yet. We've only seen 1 game, and Philly doesn't have the best WR's. Although, the whole defense needs to work on tackling because it was disgusting to watch McCoy and Sproles dance around and dodge 5 defenders. The coverage in the end-zone was pretty nice when Alan Ball picked it off though, I will admit that. I'm just hoping one of our CB's step up big like Patrick Peterson or Richard Sherman, that'd be nice.

They did play well.  Made the QB hold onto the ball too long

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

McCoy and Sproles literally dance around everyone in the league. Be happy with the performance our D had. They broke the second half, but hard not to when youre that gassed. Our corners did well at holding a big bodied WR in Cooper in check
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

The athleticism of the secondary really stands out. If Colvin turns out well, all we will need is a free safety, Which I bet we will find in next years draft. 

Quote:They did play well.  Made the QB hold onto the ball too long

All three fumbles occured before Cyprien went out. I am sure he had something to do with that too.

I was already a Will Blackmon fan. Ball's pick certainly is a persuasive gift! Interceptions in the endzone, and pick6's are the biggest plays in football if you ask me. If I was a coach, I'd want to lead the league in interceptions almost above all else.

Quote:I was already a Will Blackmon fan. Ball's pick certainly is a persuasive gift! Interceptions in the endzone, and pick6's are the biggest plays in football if you ask me. If I was a coach, I'd want to lead the league in interceptions almost above all else.

Will Blackmon fan here too. I also like Alan Ball. But I would be happy with leading the league in turnovers whether they are interceptions or fumble recoveries.

What you should be impressed with is Gus' knowledge of this defense, the players that fit this scheme, and how effective it can be.

Quote:What you should be impressed with is Gus' knowledge of this defense, the players that fit this scheme, and how effective it can be.

Gus was a defensive coordinator in Seattle, so of course he knows a lot about that. Also, some of his players followed him to Jacksonville. That certainly helps. So no, I am not impressed.

We need to do something about free safety. Josh Evans isn't very good and Winston Guy is a converted linebacker that runs like one. We need an athletic free safety with range in today's NFL. Other than that, we are in excellent shape. Gratz is already solid and McCray is going to be very good too. Ball is solid as well. If Colvin is as good as people say we are set for a while.

Quote:Gus was a defensive coordinator in Seattle, so of course he knows a lot about that. Also, some of his players followed him to Jacksonville. That certainly helps. So no, I am not impressed.

Just because jdr knew his defense didn't mean he always could evaluate the players who would do the best in it. Gus is a huge improvement in that regard. Jdr defense was very good when it worked. Gus' defense can be great.

Great is much harder to accomplish than very good.

But no former Panthers followed JDR to Jacksonville. That is one of the major differences between those coaches. Gus Bradley is more of a guy players want to play for than JDR was.

Ball baited Foles into that throw, if you watch that play again. He dropped off of the shorter route and backpedalled to undercut the deeper corner route for the interception.

Also, I think our corner play really benefitted from our pass rush and constant disruption of the pocket - both of which go hand-in-hand.

Nope. More like validated my expectations.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Gratz lookin good

Ball and Gratz were both good last year.

Funny that TMD has avoided this thread
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:But no former Panthers followed JDR to Jacksonville. That is one of the major differences between those coaches. Gus Bradley is more of a guy players want to play for than JDR was.

Deon Grant did.
;

;

Quote:We need to do something about free safety. Josh Evans isn't very good and Winston Guy is a converted linebacker that runs like one. We need an athletic free safety with range in today's NFL. Other than that, we are in excellent shape. Gratz is already solid and McCray is going to be very good too. Ball is solid as well. If Colvin is as good as people say we are set for a while.