Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Michael Egnew Signed to Practice Squad

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/509404190406627328' title="2:13 PM - 9 Sep 2014">7m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"><a class="" href='https://twitter.com/hashtag/Jaguars?src=hash'>#Jaguars</a> sign TE Michael Egnew to practice squad and waive OL Cody Booth.

<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);"> 

<a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran'>Ryan O'Halloran ‏@ryanohalloran </a> <a class="" href='https://twitter.com/ryanohalloran/status/509404429041545217' title="2:14 PM - 9 Sep 2014">6m</a>
<p class="" style="color:rgb(41,47,51);font-family:'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;background-color:rgb(245,248,250);">Egnew was a Dolphins third-round pick in 2012, seven catches in 18 games. Waived during camp. Joins Marcel Jensen as Prax Squad TEs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

chompionship

Chompionship?  Yup... he's gonna get eaten alive....

[Image: Welcome%20to%20Duval_zps4z3erxne.jpg]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 02:26 PM by roycee.)

I wanted him during the draft but he's definitely been a disappointment.

Maybe he'll turn out decent

Quote:chompionship

Maybe we'll win the superb owl....or even just a slightly better than average owl?

One of these years.............

Quote:I wanted him during the draft but he's definitely been a disappointment.

Maybe he'll turn out decent

Same here, I liked him as a mid round pick. Coming out he was supposed to be a decent receiving TE, but his receiving abilities haven't really shown up at the NFL level.

Quote:Maybe we'll win the superb owl....or even just a slightly better than average owl?
i think we get a choice between soup er bowl.

We need to let the soup cool on the side though...

so we'll just take the empty bowl.

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 02:34 PM by Raven09s.)

Anybody else curious why they're stashing TE's like this?  I know Lewis isn't a world beater and Harbor is gone for the year, but seriously.  That's two on the PS now when we already have one like that playing behind Lewis.

Quote:Anybody else curious why they're stashing TE's like this? I know Lewis isn't a world beater and Harbor is gone for the year, but seriously. That's two on the PS now when we already have one like that playing behind Lewis.

Schuler is a pure blocking TE. Jensen has potential but is raw as heck. Harbor would've been the guy but he's still recovering from his calf injury and should be ready to go in a few weeks. Until then it doesn't hurt to take a look.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

yipee

Quote:Anybody else curious why they're stashing TE's like this?  I know Lewis isn't a world beater and Harbor is gone for the year, but seriously.  That's two on the PS now when we already have one like that playing behind Lewis.

Harbor's not on IR.

Also I assume it's because we lack depth right now. Outside of Lewis, no one has really played any meaningful snaps. Once Harbor gets healthy, I'd guess Shuler is released and they bring up either Egnew or Jensen. 

Play The Kid !!

Picking up other team's garbage.  Gene Smith still working for the Jaguar's organization.

Quote:Picking up other team's garbage.  Gene Smith still working for the Jaguar's organization.

TROLLOLOLOL

Wait. I thought we were holding that spot for Stephen Hill?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Quote:Picking up other team's garbage. Gene Smith still working for the Jaguar's organization.
Like Ball...And Guy...And Blackmon...And Hayes...And Clemons...And Big Red...
Making up

Evidence

Depending on

Information

Available

Quote:Chompionship?  Yup... he's gonna get eaten alive....
I dunno can catch an easy pass for one yard... Lewis might be getting worried...

Quote:Like Ball...And Guy...And Blackmon...And Hayes...And Clemons...And Big Red...

Alan Ball interception in week 1's regular season game, Chris Clemons forced fumble & sack in same game along with Andre Branch, Big Red Bryant shutting down two great running backs most of the half to his side and being blocked by both the tackle and the guard on a few occasions......   Will Blackmon has done an okay job as nickle CB packages..

Isn't Marcel Jensen large enough to convert into a Tackle?

Quote:Isn't Marcel Jensen large enough to convert into a Tackle?

259 at the combine.