Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Drug Policy....could it be good for Blackmon?

Quote:I'm not trying to start anything, keeping it unbiased as possible because I'm a fan, but brown wouldn't make it on a third of the NFL teams. Our situation has been so bad for years that any mediocre receiver seems good to us. I love that these guys put all there effort and actually focus on the game, saying that, they can't produce on the field. And that's all that matters.

I'd much rather take a flyer on Blackmon then Ace or Brown. Those guys are dime a dozen.

Brown produced more on the field Sunday than Blackmon did in the last 9 games.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:You're not starting anything by saying you'd take the most talented player of the bunch.  Blackmon needs to put his demons behind him, but for someone to say they'd take Ace or Brown over Blackmon is just idiotic.  The upside if he is able to remain clean moving forward is immeasurably higher.

That last sentence FBT is unfortunately the biggest problem.

Quote:Brown produced more on the field Sunday than Blackmon did in the last 9 games.
I would definitely say he has produced more this season.

But to say he's had more production then Blackmons career is a joke man. I highly doubt he plays again, and as I stated earlier in this post until he is cut/traded/suspended for life. He has a chance.

Quote:That last sentence FBT is unfortunately the biggest problem.
That is the problem, but you still go with the talent over some guy clinging to a roster spot.  Especially when that clingers greatest attribute is that he double catches just about every pass thrown his way.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 04:34 PM by JagProphet.)

Last I heard about Blackmon was when Cecil commented about him in an interview a week ago saying he recently spoke to him  " All I can say is he's (Blackmon) doing very very very well right now and I can't comment any further "

Seems like he's enjoying and fixing his life with family/friends or he's getting back into shape to apply for reinstatement. There's a good chance we hear from him towards week 15 just because of his relationship with the team and Cecil. I don't think he's done in the NFL.

Quote:Last I heard about Blackmon was when Cecil commented about him in an interview a week ago saying he recently spoke to him  " All I can say is he's (Blackmon) doing very very very well right now and I can't comment any further "

Seems like he's enjoying and fixing his life with family/friends or he's getting back into shape to apply for reinstatement. There's a good chance we hear from him towards week 15 just because of his relationship with the team and Cecil. I don't think he's done in the NFL.

You don't think Shorts' comments may have been prepared for him by the team?  When he says "All I can say is he's doing very very very well right now and I can't comment any further", that response came after he was asked if he had had any recent contact with Blackmon, to which he responded no.  So, he's not getting that information from Blackmon. 

The last we've heard about Justin's progress was a video of him being arrested for possession of a controlled substance after being stopped for driving like an idiot.  That's the last concrete evidence we have of anything. 

Hopefully he is working on this and trying to get his life back on track.  But, let's not delude ourselves into thinking that update Shorts offered up was anything more than PR coming from the team. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:No they're not.  Gordon flunked a drug test by (supposedly) a reading of less than on half of one percent.  Blackmon has had DUI issues and got arrested again recently.  Not the same situation.
They are in the exact same situation according to the current NFL drug policy. The only difference is how they entered stage 1 of the program, Blackmon for a DUI and Gordon I assume for a failed drug test.

The only way to move up in the stages of the NFL intervention program is to fail drug tests. Both Blackmon and Gordon have failed two more drug tests which has them in stage 3, which is banishment for a minimum of 1 year, and both have a subsequent arrest.

Based on the information we know, they are in a identical situation according to the NFL drug policy.

If the NFL allows for higher thresholds, Blackmon would just smoke the more potent stuff.

I am so past jb......we have receivers that appreciate their chance with an NFL team....especially the udfa from Miami.

Heck with him.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

Not sure Will has a problem

I'm not too worried about getting back Blackmon at this point. We have a lot of promise in our 3 rookie receivers and I don't even know where he would fit in the lineup. Plus the fact that he hasn't played football in a long time, he may never return to his old form coming out of college.

Per rotoworld:

Quote:Drug agreement could be finalized Thursday

Roger Goodell | FA

(September 11, 2014 4:00 PM EDT)

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the NFL and NFLPA are "hoping to finalize" a new drug agreement by Thursday night.

Per Schefter, it would be an agreement in which "suspensions will wind up being overturned." It remains unclear if that includes Josh Gordon, whose most recent positive test came during the 2013 league year. It's been reported the new agreement will only address positive tests from the 2014 league year.

SOURCE: 

ADAM SCHEFTER ON TWITTER

Quote:Report: Gordon's ban won't be fully reversed

Josh Gordon | CLE

(September 11, 2014 4:08 PM EDT)

Appearing on ESPN's NFL InsidersThursday, Adam Schefter reported Josh Gordon would still be looking at a suspension in the event of a new drug agreement, possibly in the range of 6-10 games.

Per Schefter, the NFL and NFLPA are hoping to finalize a new agreement by Thursday evening. It's suspected Wes Welker's ban will be wiped out, but Gordon's case is trickier since his positive test came during the 2013 league year. At the end of the day, we're unlikely to know Gordon's fate before the league makes an official announcement. There's simply too much conflicting information right now.

SOURCE: 

MATTHEW BERRY ON TWITTER

If Gordon's suspension is overturned or even reduced would the same apply towards Blackmon?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Seriously though.  Is Peyton Manning running the entire NFL right now?  

Quote:Last I heard about Blackmon was when Cecil commented about him in an interview a week ago saying he recently spoke to him  " All I can say is he's (Blackmon) doing very very very well right now and I can't comment any further "

Cecil said the same thing a few months back, then we see JB's arrest not long after it.

WR is ironically the only thing we don't need.

Quote:Per rotoworld:

If Gordon's suspension is overturned or even reduced would the same apply towards Blackmon?

I think it's all dependent on what Blackmon was actually suspended for. If he was suspended for pot, was his test lower than the new threshold? Does his latest arrest in July have any bearing on the suspension?

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 04:18 AM by Predator.)

Quote:I think it's all dependent on what Blackmon was actually suspended for. If he was suspended for pot, was his test lower than the new threshold? Does his latest arrest in July have any bearing on the suspension?
Even if the drug suspensions get reduced or overturned, both will still have to face punishment for their DUIs. That is considered a separate violation under the conduct policy.

The only bright spot for Blackmon is considering he has been suspended for a while already, if his drug suspension gets reduced to less than time served, the extra time suspended would likely count against his DUI suspension.

If we do not here from Blackmon in early 2015 then he is gone. I would say our chances of that are 5%. I hope I am wrong.

PS: If he is released I bet he goes to the Cowboys with DB.I really think he hates Jacksonville

Quote:WR is ironically the only thing we don't need.
Oh yea... we may have only 3 active receivers this weekend. I know what you mean though. In the draft I believe we will not use a pick on anyone at WR.

FREE BLACKMON.  HE'S THE MARTYR FOR MARIJUANA.

Someday in history we'll look back and realize that Blackmon sacrificed his own career to set others free.