Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
New Drug Policy....could it be good for Blackmon?

Gordon's suspension is expected to be reduced to 8 games, this is good news for Justin Blackmon, it's time for him to take advantage of it.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

at this point who would really want him back? He's undisciplined! He could have been great... but he chose marijuana use over (literally) millions of dollars. Does that sound like rational thinking to anyone??? If... and this is a very big if... he did go through an established, supervised program to help him get over his addictions, and if he also were able to have the same degree of physical fitness that would enable him to be a great NFL receiver, then, and only then, should the Jaguars consider playing him. The odds of that are virtually nill...

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Here's the latest.  It sounds like the player's representatives are possibly set to meet some time today to vote on the new policy.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:at this point who would really want him back? He's undisciplined! He could have been great... but he chose marijuana use over (literally) millions of dollars. Does that sound like rational thinking to anyone??? If... and this is a very big if... he did go through an established, supervised program to help him get over his addictions, and if he also were able to have the same degree of physical fitness that would enable him to be a great NFL receiver, then, and only then, should the Jaguars consider playing him. The odds of that are virtually nill...

Um lets see, the Jaguars want him back, otherwise they would've cut him. 

I'd take him back tomorrow. But to think he is in any shape to play right away, is being naive.

Lets say he is allowed back today. He isn't playing anytime soon.

It would take him a few weeks to get back to game shape.  They could use him in situations until that happens. 

To this notion that he's undisciplined, perhaps in his personal life, but that's never been a tag on him as a football player.  Having an addiction has nothing to do with discipline. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:Gordon's suspension is expected to be reduced to 8 games, this is good news for Justin Blackmon, it's time for him to take advantage of it.

Agreed.  It would more than likely accelerate his return which is a good thing for everyone but the guy on the bottom of the roster who is hanging on for dear life. 

Quote:Um lets see, the Jaguars want him back, otherwise they would've cut him. 
Not necessarily... Blackmon wouldn't be the first player that teams have held contracts on with no intention of playing just to prevent other teams from getting them.

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:at this point who would really want him back? He's undisciplined! He could have been great... but he chose marijuana use over (literally) millions of dollars. Does that sound like rational thinking to anyone??? If... and this is a very big if... he did go through an established, supervised program to help him get over his addictions, and if he also were able to have the same degree of physical fitness that would enable him to be a great NFL receiver, then, and only then, should the Jaguars consider playing him. The odds of that are virtually nill...

He already got paid. He's another Matt Jones. Doesn't care about football, he already made more money than he ever dreamed he could.

Quote:Not necessarily... Blackmon wouldn't be the first player that teams have held contracts on with no intention of playing just to prevent other teams from getting them.

You're incredibly naive or stupid if you don't believe the Jaguars would welcome Justin Blackmon back with open arms if he were reinstated tomorrow. Give me break, it's not like the guy was a locker room cancer like Terrel Owens are some of the other diva receivers.

Quote:He already got paid. He's another Matt Jones. Doesn't care about football, he already made more money than he ever dreamed he could.

I don't think this is the case at all, all of Blackmons former coaches and teammates rave about his work ethic, he's nothing like Matt Jones, who had the work ethic of a sloth.

Quote:I don't think this is the case at all, all of Blackmons former coaches and teammates rave about his work ethic, he's nothing like Matt Jones, who had the work ethic of a sloth.

These are the same people that have nothing but positives to say about Gabbert and Henne.

Quote:Seriously though.  Is Peyton Manning running the entire NFL right now?  

Weird huh?  When was this new drug policy rule suggested? Before or after the Welker situation?

Huh

Quote:These are the same people that have nothing but positives to say about Gabbert and Henne.

We'll see, I'm not denying Justin being a comlete knucklehead, but by all accounts the guy works hard and is a great teammate. When he was reinstated after his 4 game suspsension last season Gus raved about the physical condition Justin was in, it surprised him. There seems to be nothing lazy about his work ethic.

Quote:We'll see, I'm not denying Justin being a comlete knucklehead, but by all accounts the guy works hard and is a great teammate. When he was reinstated after his 4 game suspsension last season Gus raved about the physical condition Justin was in, it surprised him. There seems to be nothing lazy about his work ethic.

Like CatAttack78, I would welcome him turning his life around and showing the team through actions that he really is more interested in playing football than getting drunk and high, but I don't see it happening.

He's been too coddled here and apparently for his entire life to make a change. He needs that Chris Carter moment when a team's management says, "you're not worth this level of baggage."

I would love to see Blackmon turn it around. I just don't think he wants to. :pinch:

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

I would take Blackmon back in a heartbeat... unless he knocked me out in an elevator, then maybe two heartbeats.

Coddled....

LOLLOLOLOL.
[Image: IMG-1452.jpg]

Quote:Coddled....

LOLLOLOLOL.

I guess it's coddling to retain a player.  Tough love is cutting him. 

(This post was last modified: 09-12-2014, 01:30 PM by Oklahomie.)

Quote:I guess it's coddling to retain a player.  Tough love is cutting him. 

Considering what the regular everydayman caught drunk driving multiple times and with weed would get, he's received quite the consideration.

Didn't lose his license, didn't go to jail, didn't lose his job, millionaire. Yeah, definitely coddled.