Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Quick thoughts on game 1

Dline is good, Clemons IMMEDIATELY showed he is largely recovered from his injury, Marks looks even better than last year and the D-line in general seemed much improved from last year, especially Branch.

Lee still not looking impressive blocking or receiving. Still just his first game, but when the other WR is drawing the doubles(or even triples) he should be able to make some things happen.

While few backs would have done well behind our line, Gerhart seems like a guy that especially needs to have good blocking to play well. He is someone that builds up steam and runs north and south, without building up steam he gets tackled easy, would like to see Drob start.

Todman is not fast enough to be the kick returner. Get someone that can get past the 15.

Cyprien is critical to the defense and incredibly underrated. This guy is going to be an all pro player.

Cyprien had that int on the play he was injured Sad

Poz was all over the place. Great day for him.

Corners played very well, there were some plays that were coverage sacks/hurries not just the Dline blazing through. TEAMWORK!

Henne continues to be inconsistent. He will make great plays and turn around and throw the ball into the dirt. Not terrible, but good enough for a decent team.

Oline was as bad as the Dline was good. Wow.

Gratz and Reynolds seemed to be aggressively trying for turnovers on ball carriers, which I like. Also played well in general.

Outkicking coverage team on punts.

Hurns is a natural, fluid WR that is strong enough to break tackles and runs great routes with prototypical size. How was he not drafted? Hell, how was he not a first round pick?

Obviously, using all of your timeouts the way we did needs to be corrected.

I want to see what our receivers can do when we get Robinson, Sanders, and Shorts back to take pressure off Hurns.

I'm excited about having a defensive team again, just as a personal preference.

With a few key plays(Sproles run, Lee drop, bad pass/drop to Lewis, injury to Cyprien/the plays that resulted from that injury) going the other way we could have won this game. This is what you want to see out of a bad team. They were competitive and showing flashes but just not able to seal the deal.

Overall outlook incredibly positive. This team is miles ahead of where it was last year at this time. Hell its way ahead of where it was last year at close. If we get Cyprien back and tighten up the O-line play(a pretty big task, unfortunately) that will be enough to make this team a playoff contender. This is an incredible turnaround we are going to witness after being bad for so long.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

What do you mean "get Robinson back"? He actually caught a pass Sunday, so #15 is back already.

I don't think Lee was great but he wasen't bad. 6 catches in your first NFL game isn't bad and I think he's the type of player who needs the ball early and often to build his confidence.

Quote:I don't think Lee was great but he wasen't bad. 6 catches in your first NFL game isn't bad and I think he's the type of player who needs the ball early and often to build his confidence.

Unfortunately it was Lee who dropped a perfectly thrown ball and that catch would have been a 20-yard gain.

People are always going to remember drops like that one instead of the six catches for some reason.

Allen Robinson did not do much. I expected this though because of no practice.

Quote:Allen Robinson did not do much. I expected this though because of no practice.

He did enough for me to see he is physically able to play. I was surprised to see him because I thought he was out for multiple games.

Lee looked like a rookie, but I remember him making a nice juke after a catch and got up field for an extra six or seven yards. Lee will be good, just adjusting to the game now. I'd say we have a a good future at WR with at least Lee and Hurns. Hoping Shorts returns to form and Robinson shows more. Hey, this beats having a WR corp of Jason Hill, Mike Thomas ( the year he went down hill) Chastin West, ummm..Tiquan Underwood, and Sims-Walker. Remember getting guys off waivers and being thrilled?? I'm still hoping Blackmon comes back and grows up, while still in football shape. Future looks bright with this corp and Bortles
"Expect for the best. Prepare for the worst. Capitalize on what comes."

Quote:Unfortunately it was Lee who dropped a perfectly thrown ball and that catch would have been a 20-yard gain.

People are always going to remember drops like that one instead of the six catches for some reason.
yep but when it changes a game it's gonna be remembered.

Quote:Dline is good, Clemons IMMEDIATELY showed he is largely recovered from his injury, Marks looks even better than last year and the D-line in general seemed much improved from last year, especially Branch.

Yes. ^  Agreed. 

Lee still not looking impressive blocking or receiving. Still just his first game, but when the other WR is drawing the doubles(or even triples) he should be able to make some things happen.

He's a rookie and looked like it most of the time. It will get better. 

Cyprien is critical to the defense and incredibly underrated. 

Cyp was horribly missed when he went out and is crucial to the secondary's success at this stage.

Poz was all over the place. Great day for him.

His absence, also, made a negative impact.

Oline was as bad as the Dline was good. Wow.

Expected, but yes, they were bad at times and bad consistently when run blocking.

Hurns is a natural, fluid WR that is strong enough to break tackles and runs great routes with prototypical size. How was he not drafted? Hell, how was he not a first round pick?

True diamond in the rough.

Obviously, using all of your timeouts the way we did needs to be corrected.

Young receivers lining up wrong. Will improve...

I'm excited about having a defensive team again, just as a personal preference.

Getting pressure consistently from a four man rush is huge and hasn't happened for a LONG time

Quote:yep but when it changes a game it's gonna be remembered.

That drop was not the game changer though. It was just one more third down we could not convert, as we had been struggling with third downs all day.

The real game changer was Jonathan Cyprien going out because Prosinski was the one who whiffed on the Darren Sproles score that turned the game around.

JK, we're the same old Jags. I must have been on something when I made that post.

"Snow and cold may have stopped the armies of Hitler and Napoleon, but they won't slow down the Jaguars. "
;

;
-Steve Sabol

Dline is good? Was that a joke?