Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Video of Ray Rice hitting then fiance now wife Janay Parker released.

Quote:I'm not sure why you're defending Roger Godell, Terrell Suggs has been accused of domestic violence multiple times, he's not the only one as dozens of players have been accused/found guilty of it under Goddell's watch. He's done nothing about domestic violence until now, and the only reason is it's blacked the leagues eye reputation wise, it's been a problem in the league for decades, I'd have a lot more respect for the man if he and his staff were proactive in their resolve, but it's the exact opposite.

Do you have links to this?  I don't recall anyone being convicted of a crime in the NFL and not facing a penalty.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

From the AP, an NFL exec was sent the video in April.   Could be interesting.

Quote:From the AP, an NFL exec was sent the video in April.   Could be interesting.

If true, that could clean house.. 

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:If true, that could clean house.. 

Or, perhaps they've found their fall guy.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Are we really supposed to believe that Roger Goodell saw the video and not the Ravens FO?

Quote:Are we really supposed to believe that Roger Goodell saw the video and not the Ravens FO?

Who knows.  This story is growing like wild fire.

Quote:Or, perhaps they've found their fall guy.

Truth be told, if the NFL has had the tape since April and only handed out a two game suspension, the fall guy is going to be justly removed from the league.

[Image: SaKG4.gif]

Quote:Are we really supposed to believe that Roger Goodell saw the video and not the Ravens FO?

IMO, they both had the video, but honestly thought TMZ or another site would not have the video as well, or even release it.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Quote:I am really ticked the [BAD WORD REMOVED] about this comment and the sentiment behind it.

All of a sudden we should have sympathy for Ray Rice, because there was video released of him striking his wife, after he has "already" been "punished". If you think I or a segment of people should come to his side in defense, then you stand a better chance of catching fish with your bare hands than for me to feel sympathy for him.

This is the bottom line.

He violently hit his wife knocking her unconscious, then the piece of [BAD WORD REMOVED] drags half her body out of the elevator, leaving her there to possibly suffer convulsions, or seizures. My honest opinion on this is he should be permanently banned from the league as a player. He deserves a second chance, but only have a position with the NFL in a non-athlete position after he has self-humiliated himself to where he has EARNED his forgiveness.

The media has not sensationalized nothing about this story not one bit, because you know what it gives HOPE to the millions of battered women who dont have a voice a chance to be seen, heard, or receive help. Morons like Jason Whitlock who want to sweep this under the rug and go away only perpetuate the problem with discussing Domestic Violence. 

Janay Palmer is suffering from some serious depression, or other mental abuse that is obvious to people who either have been victims themselves or seen other people suffer from domestic violence. As I said earlier in this thread, most men who commit domestic violence have strong manipulation behaviors that severely effects a woman's psychological state. Why do you honestly think she married him, plus released her statement yesterday?
As a person working on my masters in psychology it find it very interesting that people are diagnosing her with some type of mental disorder and have no type of medical back ground what so ever. It's like no one can even remotely think that this was an isolated situation between two adults and he is remorseful of it and she is deciding to be in this relationship on her own. It is very interesting how or society has turned into a society of psychoanalyst. But that's neither here nor their. 

I have huge sympathy towards this woman and honestly feel Ray needs to face the music. The point I am making that continues to get buried is that he was given a suspension from what we already knew. This is the media pushing this down our throats and demanding this man be removed from the NFL. I'm not certain how anyone who has followed this story did not know he hit her in the elevator. This may be new to some people now who never was aware of this but to any person that followed this knew what happened. 

Also attacks on peoples character is not needed when they disagree with you to the other poster. The fact that I do not like how this is being played out in the media is in no way shape or form a indicator to my character or anyone else's. That is very classless of anyone to use that in their argument against a person who has a disagreement with your opinion. Please do not insinuate my character good or bad. You do not know me and this is a place for open forum. 

Thanks

NFL front office is really disgusting. They claim to do their homework and investigate things like this but in actuality they just don't give a damn. Have the Saints even gotten a supposed look at the bounty evidence Goodell would never show them?

(This post was last modified: 09-10-2014, 07:27 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

Quote:As a person working on my masters in psychology it find it very interesting that people are diagnosing her with some type of mental disorder and have no type of medical back ground what so ever. It's like no one can even remotely think that this was an isolated situation between two adults and he is remorseful of it and she is deciding to be in this relationship on her own. It is very interesting how or society has turned into a society of psychoanalyst. But that's neither here nor their. 

I have huge sympathy towards this woman and honestly feel Ray needs to face the music. The point I am making that continues to get buried is that he was given a suspension from what we already knew. This is the media pushing this down our throats and demanding this man be removed from the NFL. I'm not certain how anyone who has followed this story did not know he hit her in the elevator. This may be new to some people now who never was aware of this but to any person that followed this knew what happened. 

Also attacks on peoples character is not needed when they disagree with you to the other poster. The fact that I do not like how this is being played out in the media is in no way shape or form a indicator to my character or anyone else's. That is very classless of anyone to use that in their argument against a person who has a disagreement with your opinion. Please do not insinuate my character good or bad. You do not know me and this is a place for open forum. 

Thanks

I dont have a degree in Psychology, but I know plenty of female family members and female friends who have been effected both physically and mentally from domestic violence whether the instance was one time, or occurred multiple times in a, or multiple relationships.  For you to say or even insinuate people are "self-diagnosing" Janay Rice without a medical background is a direct insult to those including myself who has been indirectly effected by Domestic violence is a direct insult and even a slap in the face. I can only speak from experience what I saw my effected friends and family went through to parallel those experiences and feelings with Janay Rice's actions. 

In regards to the suspension, as we speak more light is being shed on whether or not the NFL and Roger Goodell already saw the full video and then decided to suspend Rice just 2 games. As I said earlier in this thread I believe Rice deserves a second change, but he should be BANNED from playing football period. 

I can only speak for myself, but when the incident first happened, and the public only saw a portion of the video which showed Rice, dragging his wife from the elevator, I couldnt draw the conclusion the Ray himself directly hit her. It could have been someone else in that elevator at the time if the incident who never may have gotten out. That's why I think IMO the public is really outraged. Yeah, he said he hit her, apologized, etc, but there was never the full video of him hitting her that surfaced until now. 

I never attacked, or assassinated your character. I clearly disagree with your viewpoint, and I dont know you.

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

Good'ell'riddance

As bad as the knockout punch looked, to me Rice's indifference after hitting his fiancee was more chilling. He made no move to check on her, just stepped over her body like a DE steps over a QB he's just sacked.

Going on body language alone, he did not look like a man who regretted his actions one bit.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

Quote:As bad as the knockout punch looked, to me Rice's indifference after hitting his fiancee was more chilling. He made no move to check on her, just stepped over her body like a DE steps over a QB he's just sacked.

Going on body language alone, he did not look like a man who regretted his actions one bit.
My thoughts exactly.  A total lack of concern for her condition.  There was no remorse or sudden realization of what he had done.  It was like a man who had just hit an animal in the road and was dragging it out of the way.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:As bad as the knockout punch looked, to me Rice's indifference after hitting his fiancee was more chilling. He made no move to check on her, just stepped over her body like a DE steps over a QB he's just sacked.

Yeah, I've said this earlier.  If someone did that and it was that out of character they would react quickly and know they made a mistake.  He didn't care.

His non chalance in dragging her out is disturbing to me as well. On the other side of the coin...what if it were a man who lunged at him and spit in his face? What " lady" does that? double standards? Absolutely

Of course if it was in Florida, we would have another SYG defense.

Then again, maybe I'm too old school and this was their was of showing affection before she accepted his marriage proposal. Like when a lion grabs his babe by the neck, throws her down and lays the pipe.

Both are stark Raven mad.
Blakes Life Matters

(This post was last modified: 09-11-2014, 08:29 PM by the Chiefjag.)

I've thought of this too. In the video she clearly is the aggressor. Does she have immunity to physically assault him? If a 5' 7" man is married to a 6', 200 lb. woman is it only domestic abuse if he hits her after she attacks him?

If she were a man and attacked him he would be within his rights to fight back, and no one would object, but since this person has a [BAD WORD REMOVED] it's domestic abuse and he should lose his job.

I'm not condoning any physical assault between two humans, it's still assault. Yet no one wants to acknowledge she assaulted him first. And yes, he's the stronger individual, I get that. But in every confrontation between two humans one is always stronger than the other.

Regards.........................the Chiefjag

PS. the dictionary word for the sexual organ of a woman is considered a bad word on this site??? SMH.

She's got the jaw to take a punch like that.

Juuuust kidding.

Quote:I've thought of this too. In the video she clearly is the aggressor. Does she have immunity to physically assault him? If a 5' 7" man is married to a 6', 200 lb. woman is it only domestic abuse if he hits her after she attacks him?

If she were a man and attacked him he would be within his rights to fight back, and no one would object, but since this person has a [BAD WORD REMOVED] it's domestic abuse and he should lose his job.

I'm not condoning any physical assault between two humans, it's still assault. Yet no one wants to acknowledge she assaulted him first. And yes, he's the stronger individual, I get that. But in every confrontation between two humans one is always stronger than the other.

Regards.........................the Chiefjag

PS. the dictionary word for the sexual organ of a woman is considered a bad word on this site??? SMH.
Yes, she was clearly the antagonist, even before they got into the elevator.  Yes, she's probably even more dysfunctional than he is.  No, she shouldn't have automatic immunity from instigating a physical confrontation.

The issue (for me) is twofold:

1) His response to her actions was disproportionately violent.

2) He was absolutely indifferent to her condition after he struck her.

Just my thoughts.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Quote:Yes, she was clearly the antagonist, even before they got into the elevator.  Yes, she's probably even more dysfunctional than he is.  No, she shouldn't have automatic immunity from instigating a physical confrontation.

The issue (for me) is twofold:

1) His response to her actions was disproportionately violent.

2) He was absolutely indifferent to her condition after he struck her.

Just my thoughts.

Everything in that video convinced me that this was not an isolated incident, for both of them.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]