Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Video of Ray Rice hitting then fiance now wife Janay Parker released.

Quote:I've thought of this too. In the video she clearly is the aggressor. Does she have immunity to physically assault him? If a 5' 7" man is married to a 6', 200 lb. woman is it only domestic abuse if he hits her after she attacks him?

If she were a man and attacked him he would be within his rights to fight back, and no one would object, but since this person has a [BAD WORD REMOVED] it's domestic abuse and he should lose his job.

I'm not condoning any physical assault between two humans, it's still assault. Yet no one wants to acknowledge she assaulted him first. And yes, he's the stronger individual, I get that. But in every confrontation between two humans one is always stronger than the other.

Regards.........................the Chiefjag

PS. the dictionary word for the sexual organ of a woman is considered a bad word on this site??? SMH.
Snatch? I didnt know that either

Blakes Life Matters

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Everything in that video convinced me that this was not an isolated incident, for both of them.
Couldn't agree more.  It was clearly going on before they even got into the elevator in this instance.  I'd be stunned if there wasn't a history of this type of behavior, though hopefully not this violent.  

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

Did anyone see the video BEFORE they got on the elevator? They are turning the corner and it looks like Rice spit on her. Then they get in the elevator, and he moves closer to her and appears to spit on her again, then move away. That's when she comes at him...

I'm not sure what some are taking about regarding her spitting on him...

Quote:Did anyone see the video BEFORE they got on the elevator? They are turning the corner and it looks like Rice spit on her. Then they get in the elevator, and he moves closer to her and appears to spit on her again, then move away. That's when she comes at him...

I'm not sure what some are taking about regarding her spitting on him...

There's a point in the elevator where she may have, but I think it was in response to something he did.

I think he sold it to the league that she instigated it, he open hand slapped her, and she got knocked out because she hit the rail.  That was fairly close to the actual truth, and you could kind of get that from the video.  It's just the video adds another layer to this that gives visual evidence of the brutality.  Because Goodell "knew" this is what happened, now he is getting blasted for it.  I just dont totally agree.  If someone told me a fight happened and the girl was hitting the guy and he was defending himself....I would think one way.  When I see that video, it would change my mind.

Quote:There's a point in the elevator where she may have, but I think it was in response to something he did.

I think he sold it to the league that she instigated it, he open hand slapped her, and she got knocked out because she hit the rail.  That was fairly close to the actual truth, and you could kind of get that from the video.  It's just the video adds another layer to this that gives visual evidence of the brutality.  Because Goodell "knew" this is what happened, now he is getting blasted for it.  I just dont totally agree.  If someone told me a fight happened and the girl was hitting the guy and he was defending himself....I would think one way.  When I see that video, it would change my mind.

I agree that Goodell probably thought the scenario you described is how it happened. And with the woman probably agreeing somewhat (or not totally discounting) a "softer" version, and because Rice had a good reputation with the Ravens and Baltimore community, he decided to "go easy" on Rice - to help soften Goodell's image.

And BOOM! Which makes you wonder why Goodell wouldn't want to see the video - to save himself from what eventually happened. 

The sun's not yellow, it's chicken.

Quote:Couldn't agree more.  It was clearly going on before they even got into the elevator in this instance.  I'd be stunned if there wasn't a history of this type of behavior, though hopefully not this violent.  

This is the exact reason why I think nearly everyone that has an opinion on this matter should take a step back. It's exactly like Paul George (Pacers) said in his tweet, judging by the way she stepped forward at him, it's not the first time they had this type of altercation. 

In all honesty, if my women came at me like that, I'd put my hands on her. But I wouldn't strike her, I'd simply restrain her. But that doesnt mean that every couple is the same way. I'm sure there are couples that physically abuse each other equally. 

It's just so sad nowadays how media can dictate whatever they way. It's way out of hand. In almost every situation. 

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

Quote:There's a point in the elevator where she may have, but I think it was in response to something he did.

That's honestly what it looks like. It doesn't look like a close fist punch to the jaw. It looks as if her knockout was from hitting the railing, which you can say that's not what he intended. But comeon, if you're both intoxicated and your girl comes at you like that, you don't normally intend on her being knocked out unconsious. I'm sure he feels pretty horrible about that. I've never struck my girl, no matter what they put me through, but if I had, I'd feel extremely bad. 

Quote:That's honestly what it looks like. It doesn't look like a close fist punch to the jaw. It looks as if her knockout was from hitting the railing, which you can say that's not what he intended. But comeon, if you're both intoxicated and your girl comes at you like that, you don't normally intend on her being knocked out unconsious. I'm sure he feels pretty horrible about that. I've never struck my girl, no matter what they put me through, but if I had, I'd feel extremely bad. 

Wow... 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 01:39 AM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Wow... 

Wow is correct. Reread what I said, without being like all the social media groups on this matter. My job isnt at stake unlike someone you criticize so harshly in Goodell. 

Paul George's tweets had it correct. But, I don't have to worry about social media criticizing me over it. Do you? 

Quote:Wow is correct. Reread what I said, without being like all the social media groups on this matter. My job isnt at stake unlike someone you criticize so harshly in Goodell. 

Paul George's tweets had it correct. But, I don't have to worry about social media criticizing me over it. Do you? 

I'm not making millions of dollars running the most powerful sports biz in America.  Goodell takes that job knowing this.  Lol, not even sure what your point is above?  He can't have it both ways.  He loves the attention when it's good, but when it's bad, we should just turn a blind eye?

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 02:08 AM by Deacon.)

Whenever I consider this entire ordeal, I feel like I'm watching a MadMen episode crossed with Doctor Who. I mean that because it seems like the out-of-touch-ness that is so prevalent in MadMen comes to the modern time. Goodell just seems to be out of touch with how the modern consumers evaluate news, and that he doesn't understand that people want transparency, not a happy story from the people that they view as being in charge of an organization.

This even goes back to the SpyGate issue when his office reviewed then destroyed the videotapes that the New England organization generated. He never disclosed what was on those tapes, he merely passed judgement on them and we were all left to wonder. It seems as if the same thing has happened here except the tapes are shown to the public eye and now he is being evaluated on it.

I don't know that he needs to be fired over his handling of this situation, but I do know that people are a whole lot less likely to trust any statement he makes or judgement he passes because the general public feels as if he will withhold information for whatever reason.

It comes across as him thinking that he knows better than the rest of us, and that will rub a lot of folks the wrong way.

I'm trying to make myself more informed and less opinionated.

Stop saying whatever stupid thing you're talking about and pay attention to all the interesting things I have to say!

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 02:40 AM by AnyGivenSunday.)

Quote:Whenever I consider this entire ordeal, I feel like I'm watching a MadMen episode crossed with Doctor Who. I mean that because it seems like the out-of-touch-ness that is so prevalent in MadMen comes to the modern time. Goodell just seems to be out of touch with how the modern consumers evaluate news, and that he doesn't understand that people want transparency, not a happy story from the people that they view as being in charge of an organization.

This even goes back to the SpyGate issue when his office reviewed then destroyed the videotapes that the New England organization generated. He never disclosed what was on those tapes, he merely passed judgement on them and we were all left to wonder. It seems as if the same thing has happened here except the tapes are shown to the public eye and now he is being evaluated on it.

I don't know that he needs to be fired over his handling of this situation, but I do know that people are a whole lot less likely to trust any statement he makes or judgement he passes because the general public feels as if he will withhold information for whatever reason.

It comes across as him thinking that he knows better than the rest of us, and that will rub a lot of folks the wrong way.

Whoever in charge takes the blame. They will never make the right decision, especially in the nowadays terrible public eye. 

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 07:57 AM by jtmoney.)

Quote:Whoever in charge takes the blame. They will never make the right decision, especially in the nowadays terrible public eye.

The issue isn't if he made the right decision. The issue is he could have made a much better decision and failed. Should he be fired for making a poor choice? No. And I never said he should. But if he lied and they prove it then I think he will have a hard time keeping his job. Goodell's reign has been constantly surrounded by controversy and he wanted to play God of the NFL dishing out punishments. It was his choice to do that. No one forced him to.

Quote:That's honestly what it looks like. It doesn't look like a close fist punch to the jaw. It looks as if her knockout was from hitting the railing, which you can say that's not what he intended. But comeon, if you're both intoxicated and your girl comes at you like that, you don't normally intend on her being knocked out unconsious. I'm sure he feels pretty horrible about that. I've never struck my girl, no matter what they put me through, but if I had, I'd feel extremely bad. 

Horrible about what? Spitting on her and half dragging her body out the elevator all after the fact?

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

(This post was last modified: 09-13-2014, 08:54 PM by Jamies_fried_chicken.)

To the people who say Janay initiated  and was the cause of her being knocked out, if Rice would have stabbed/or killed her, would the sentiment be the same regarding her involvement. 

Whether someone has a liberal, or conservative viewpoint, a authoritative figure should not lock a thread for the sole purpose to get the last word in all the while prohibiting someone else from being able to respond.

OK, now I understand.  He didn't mean to knock her out, just knock her down.  Then, when she struck her head which rendered her unconscious, he felt horrible (even though he looked completely indifferent) and in concern of her welfare dragged her out of the elevator and dumped her on the floor.  Then he dragged her back in, leaving her where the door would close on her head.  

I'm sure he does feel horrible..............that the video came out.

Quote:To the people who say Janay initiated  and was the cause of her being knocked out, if Rice would have stabbed/or killed her, would the sentiment be the same regarding her involvement.

You can White Knight her all you want man, you dont have enough money to afford her.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:OK, now I understand. He didn't mean to knock her out, just knock her down. Then, when she struck her head which rendered her unconscious, he felt horrible (even though he looked completely indifferent) and in concern of her welfare dragged her out of the elevator and dumped her on the floor. Then he dragged her back in, leaving her where the door would close on her head.

I'm sure he does feel horrible..............that the video came out.

AnyGivenSunday is just out of touch. Ignorance is bliss.

Quote:You can White Knight her all you want man, you dont have enough money to afford her.

Yeah you are right, I wouldnt be surprised if you made more money than me annually.

Dont worry, you are unattractive, but have plenty of money, so the two of you would be a great low self esteem fit. 

Quote:You can White Knight her all you want man, you dont have enough money to afford her.
I think he's smart enough to not want her in the first place.