Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Redskins vs. Jaguars preview/smack talk thread

Considering it was a tough Sunday for both teams, nothing like looking forward to next Sunday.

My Redskins defense is looking pretty stout.  The offense actually looked better than I expected.  Special teams still have some glaring holes.  Had the Redskins not shot themselves in the foot so much today, they would have won.

I was happy to see the Jags get up on the Eagles early.  Not sure what happened but that was a tough way to go down.  The Jags are going to be hungry.

The Jags will be playing in DC(err...Maryland) next weekend.  I think the Redskins will win this one.  However, I don't think they will run away with it.  The Jags have some good players on defense.

What do you guys think about this matchup?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Bortles in = Jags win.

Henne in = Jags hennedicapped.

I don't even want to talk about it.

I'm so fed up with playing not to win.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Redskins fans should be looking at 2015 mock draft sites, not the 2014 week 2 schedule.

Quote:Bortles in = Jags win.

Henne in = Jags hennedicapped.

I agree.  Bortles gives you guys the best chance to win.  That man boy looks awesome.

They will will because we will find a way to lose. It's the Gus/Caldwell way until they show otherwise

Quote:Considering it was a tough Sunday for both teams, nothing like looking forward to next Sunday.

My Redskins defense is looking pretty stout.  The offense actually looked better than I expected.  Special teams still have some glaring holes.  Had the Redskins not shot themselves in the foot so much today, they would have won.

I was happy to see the Jags get up on the Eagles early.  Not sure what happened but that was a tough way to go down.  The Jags are going to be hungry.

The Jags will be playing in DC (err...Maryland) next weekend.  I think the Redskins will win this one.  However, I don't think they will run away with it.  The Jags have some good players on defense.

Welcome to the Jaguars board. When I saw your username I thought B is for black and G is for gold (the Jaguars colors).

One of the best players on Jacksonville's defense, Jonathan Cyprien, blacked out for a few seconds after the back of his head hit the ground hard. Nobody said he is out next week, but the NFL's concussion protocol means he probably won't travel with the team. Expect to see Robert Griffin exploit the backup strong safety, who is horrible.

Defensively, the Redskins will love Chad Henne. He holds the ball too long, having no idea defensive linemen are chasing him. Brian Orakpo and Ryan Kerrigan will feast on our inexperienced offensive line to sack him. Running back Toby Gerhart sprained his right ankle in the first quarter, so I don't know how fast he can run next week.

The last time the Jaguars played at FedEx Field Jeff Triplette decided not to overturn a fumble when he had indisputable visual evidence the runner's knee was down, so I always thought it was his fault the game went into overtime. None of the current players or coaches know about that, of course, but I am hungry for a win at FedEx Field.

I think this game will be closer than 34-17 (Jaguars/Eagles score) because both teams suck. I am more concerned about the line of scrimmage than the quarterback.

Quote:I don't even want to talk about it.

Yep can't get emotionally involved with Hennepin starting. I'll watch and go to the games, but that will be it. No hope for the team until Bortles starts, so I can't care just to get let down once again.

Smack?

Trash talk.

I'm worried about our Punt Return game... their Special Teams is really good at tackling the punt returner.

[Image: lb1bznbwmprr14uenv6w.gif]

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

We're only 4.5 underdogs. I think we can pull it off.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

One of these powerhouses will be 0-2 to start the season.  I predict the winner of this to rattle off 15 straight wins to finish 15-1.  The loser will go 0-16.  That's how important this game is.  Make or break.

One of these years.............

We're tanking for Teddy!

Regards................TMD

On one hand, I'm glad we get you guys early while RG3's play isn't very good. On the other hand, not sure we will take advantage of it because Hamneck Henne will find some way to make your defense look like Seattle.

Quote:Considering it was a tough Sunday for both teams, nothing like looking forward to next Sunday.

The Jags will be playing in DC(err...Maryland) next weekend.  I think the Redskins will win this one.  However, I don't think they will run away with it.  The Jags have some good players on defense.

Which QB is Washington starting with Kirk Cousins or RG3?  When you have to ask that question about your franchise QB that you gave up so much to obtain then I think your team might be in trouble this year.  The Redskins have a lot of aging veterans; Santana Moss, Hall, etc  which are still great players but how much gas is left in those tanks?  On Defense I would always be concerned with Kerrigan that man is a beast especially at causing fumbles.  You also have that TV star guy that comes to play sometimes when not filming Orakpoop or something..  You used to have a great LB Fletcher, but not so sure these days how that goes... same thing with Safety ever since RIP S. Taylor .....

Other than Hall the DBs are kind of  a joke right... and this is probably Hall's last year before retirement (if he can play the whole year)...

Hatcher is okay I guess...

On Offense if RG3 ever did learn to stay in the pocket that guy can throw 60 yards with ease and accurate... but he'll probably run and get a career ending injury this year trying to prove himself against Kirk Cousins whom kind of reminds me of Blaine Gabbert in that they both play great in Preseason but not so much during regular season...

The Redskins have a great running game, especially when RG3's rookie year with all those schemes that was fun to watch but very dangerous for RG3 as we all found out but really already knew...

but still RG3 has a strong arm and you have a great fast WR in Jackson (if he can play does he have to check with his gang first)?

the other WR isnt too bad either Garcon (is he injured yet or is that during this game.. it happens so often with this guy)

Moss is probably going to have the best game against us, as he is very elusive fantastic route runner with great hands even in his older years..... too bad for you guys they dont throw to him more in a wes welker kind of fashion...

TE Reed is good but I still felt Chris Cooley was better in his prime...

So I would rank a healthy Redskins offense rather high in threat level of scoring against us, but the team is so disorganized and fighting with itself that it lost to the Texans without much production (if Cyprien can play) than expect the Redskins could get shut out..... (if no Cyprien well... different story..)

As far as your defense that depends on if Henne plays the whole game...

Quote:I don't even want to talk about it.

You quitting?

Quote:I'm worried about our Punt Return game... their Special Teams is really good at tackling the punt returner.

[Image: lb1bznbwmprr14uenv6w.gif]

Uhoh timed to be scared.... lol

Quote:We're only 4.5 underdogs. I think we can pull it off.

Why are we undercats? We scored 17 against a playoff team. They scored 6 against the worst team. So shouldn't we be the favorite?

Quote:Redskins fans should be looking at 2015 mock draft sites, not the 2014 week 2 schedule.
Haha that's so true....

Wait do they have a 1st round in that draft or are they still giving up stuff for RG3?  lol

Quote:Why are we undercats? We scored 17 against a playoff team. They scored 6 against the worst team. So shouldn't we be the favorite?

It's called playing on the road and not scoring a single point an entire half.