Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Perspective

The Jags showed vastly improved defense and flashes on offense and only regressed when Cyprien went out and the team ran out of gas. This is just year 2 of a massive rebuild and for a half we shutout a supposed super bowl contender with an offense that was SUPPOSED to dominate us end to end. I think everyone needs to take it all in and calm down. In the grand picture we showed improvement today and what happened after Cyprien went out really confirms how big of a player he is for us on defense and the talk about him isn't just hype.

"A man with no sauce is lost.

<p style="text-align:center;">But that same man can get lost in the sauce."

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I don't like that the coach and front office aren't playing their best players. It tells me that winning isn't their priority this year.

That is all.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Quote:I don't like that the coach and front office aren't playing their best players. It tells me that winning isn't their priority this year.

That is all.
Well, it's not. 2015 has always been the year. And putting Bortles into this situation while you're trying to fix his lower body mechanics would be stupider than not putting him in even though he's better than Henne anyway.

Quote:I don't like that the coach and front office aren't playing their best players. It tells me that winning isn't their priority this year.

That is all.

I agree. Winning should always be the priority. I won't get the sense that they're really trying to win until Bortles is playing. 

Quote:Well, it's not. 2015 has always been the year. And putting Bortles into this situation while you're trying to fix his lower body mechanics would be stupider than not putting him in even though he's better than Henne anyway.

If you feel like your quarterback's progression and confidence will be damaged simply because you're asking him to hop in and continue playing a game he has been playing for at least the past 6 years at a professional level then he shouldn't have been taken in the first place. I said the same exact thing about Blaine Gabbert, and he failed because he wasn't going to be that good in the first place.

That's the thing I don't get. This is a grown man we're talking about. Not some prodigy child of a quarterback that needs to sit and learn.

Play who you think gives you the best chance to win.

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

I wonder what the Jag's coaches and GM's perspective of BB's is?

I also wonder what the Jag's coaches and GM's perspective of CH is?

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Team is improved but if we are growing why not do it with your young QB who outplayed the mediocre vet 

<B><FONT color=cyan>Jags this is your year</FONT></B>

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 07:04 PM by Vino.)

Quote:I agree. Winning should always be the priority. I won't get the sense that they're really trying to win until Bortles is playing. 

Quote:If you feel like your quarterback's progression and confidence will be damaged simply because you're asking him to hop in and continue playing a game he has been playing for at least the past 6 years at a professional level then he shouldn't have been taken in the first place. I said the same exact thing about Blaine Gabbert, and he failed because he wasn't going to be that good in the first place.

That's the thing I don't get. This is a grown man we're talking about. Not some prodigy child of a quarterback that needs to sit and learn.

Play who you think gives you the best chance to win.
This mentality by football fans is kind of silly. It's oversimplifying the matter. If you don't understand how playing behind a garbage O-Line with  no running game and a bunch of rookie receivers can hurt a QB's development when the focus of that development is to completely rework their lower body mechanics then you've never played the position, or football in general. It has nothing to do with Bortles getting shell shocked, he literally won't be able to improve the things they want him to and will regress back to his old habits under these conditions, it's inevitable. Bortles and the team will be better off maintaining the course. Most of the people screaming for Bortles didn't even want him in the first place, now they're second guessing the guys who got us him in the first place. smh. Caldwell said from the beginning he knew Bortles had a high floor and probably expected him to outplay Henne, but he also knows Bortles can be even better given proper time to work on his fundamentals. I'd rather wait and get a Bortles who is consistently elite than toss him out there early because of knee jerk fanbase reaction and get a Bortles that is inconsistent and may never have the time to smooth out those inconsistencies because you couldn't wait an extra couple weeks/months.

Quote:Well, it's not. 2015 has always been the year. And putting Bortles into this situation while you're trying to fix his lower body mechanics would be stupider than not putting him in even though he's better than Henne anyway.

This is the problem. Being less than mediocre shouldnt be acceptable. Winning should always be the goal.

Quote:Team is improved but if we are growing why not do it with your young QB who outplayed the mediocre vet 
This is the only argument I can agree with in starting Blake. Unfortunately I can not think of many people who have made this argument. 

That is all.

Agreed with this 100%

Quote:This is the problem. Being less than mediocre shouldnt be acceptable. Winning should always be the goal.
Keep telling yourself that. Bortles sitting now is possibly the difference between him being a perennial probowler for the rest of his career or being considered a  fringe top QB like Roethlisberger and Flacco.

Also everyone here thinking starting Bortles will fix our problems is laughable. The O-Line will still be bad, we still won't have a running game, and we'll still have a bunch of rookie receivers with the only vet being chronically hurt. At best Bortles can be the difference from this team being 5-11 or 6-10 to maybe pushing for .500. This at the cost of him working out his improved mechanics to second memory and allowing the game to slow down for him and completely learn the playbook before he hits the field.

But year, WE MUST WIN NOW. Because.

Quote:Also everyone here thinking starting Bortles will fix our problems is laughable. The O-Line will still be bad, we still won't have a running game, and we'll still have a bunch of rookie receivers with the only vet being chronically hurt. At best Bortles can be the difference from this team being 5-11 or 6-10 to maybe pushing for .500. This at the cost of him working out his improved mechanics to second memory and allowing the game to slow down for him and completely learn the playbook before he hits the field.

You're wasting your time.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

"Stupider"?

Quote:Also everyone here thinking starting Bortles will fix our problems is laughable. The O-Line will still be bad, we still won't have a running game, and we'll still have a bunch of rookie receivers with the only vet being chronically hurt. At best Bortles can be the difference from this team being 5-11 or 6-10 to maybe pushing for .500. This at the cost of him working out his improved mechanics to second memory and allowing the game to slow down for him and completely learn the playbook before he hits the field.

It's not that laughable. I think Bortles would have engineered two scoring drives in the second half through his ability to run alone. It isn't out of the realm to think he is the better option than Henne right now because I honestly believe that but I understand what the front office is trying to accomplish. They see the bigger picture and not just this year. 

Look. Anyone who can't see the improvement from last year to this in the first game is simply ignoring reality because of a loss. This time last year, the Jags didn't look competitive from the opening kick of opening day. We got a half of good football this week, then they ran out of gas and couldn't keep up. That's marked improvement from 2013. The trajectory hasn't changed for this team.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote:It's not that laughable. I think Bortles would have engineered two scoring drives in the second half through his ability to run alone. It isn't out of the realm to think he is the better option than Henne right now because I honestly believe that but I understand what the front office is trying to accomplish. They see the bigger picture and not just this year.
Or he would have taken a beating behind that line and the end result would be the same.

That's the more likely scenario. He wouldn't be catching those dropped passes or plugging those missed blocks in the second half. He also wouldn't be creating lanes for the running game, or playing safety.

When this thing turns around, it's going to be awesome!  Trust me on this.

Quote:Look. Anyone who can't see the improvement from last year to this in the first game is simply ignoring reality because of a loss. This time last year, the Jags didn't look competitive from the opening kick of opening day. We got a half of good football this week, then they ran out of gas and couldn't keep up. That's marked improvement from 2013. The trajectory hasn't changed for this team.
bingo