Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fisch is a Problem

his playcalling/play design is the worst.

what team in their right mind is going to fall for a PA rollout when your run game is zero?

admittedly, Henne would make a lot of playcallers look bad, but Fisch is outmatched most every week against the opposing DC and has horrible situational skills.

the few runs that Gerhart had up the gut, off tackle were 4-10 yard gains

so what does Fisch do??? line up in the pistol formation and calls a stretch run with a 235 pound lumbering RB who he expects to get to the edge.

get this guy out of here.

he has about 5 calls in his playbook and for the most part they suck

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Our OC has been a problem since Brunell left

Henne is the problem... and the oline isnt getting a lot of push to help the run game, either.

No one is safe.

i agree 100%

Meh, I disagree. A couple of those head scratching plays were Henne calling an audible. It also doesn't help that we have zero run-blocking. Literally zero.

BB5/Robinson is the way to go IMO, but I think we gotta wait.

I agree; the difference is night and day when Bortles is leading the offense. The constant is Chad "garbage time" Henne. Even his two TD throws were bad throws that if it had been Cecil Shorts they would have been dropped.

Fisch does need to stop calling stretch plays for Gerhart though, it doesn't work

Quote:Henne is the problem... and the oline isnt getting a lot of push to help the run game, either.
i admitted that Henne is an issue, but anyone can see that the playcalling doesnt help

think about how we're using Gerhart

this guy is meant to stay in between the tackles

Naw bro its Henne. Dude is trash it's just that simple.

Hence in the second half was world class garbage tho, OMG I just was break both his knees so the kid can get in.

Quote:Naw bro its Henne. Dude is trash it's just that simple.
has nothing to do with the running game design

Quote:Fisch does need to stop calling stretch plays for Gerhart though, it doesn't work
the problem is there is no push on the interior line so there are no gaps for those power plays and gerhart just gets 3 after getting hit at the line

i am a Miami Hurricane fan, so i've been seeing Fisch for two more years than most people here.

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 05:31 PM by rocdee.)

start at 1:45 - 2:45 and you'll see what i'm saying. Fisch is bad

http://www.jaguars.com/media-gallery/vid...85dc3b6a5b

Quote:Meh, I disagree. A couple of those head scratching plays were Henne calling an audible. It also doesn't help that we have zero run-blocking. Literally zero.

BB5/Robinson is the way to go IMO, but I think we gotta wait.
Henne audibles. Gerhart for zero yardage smh

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 05:38 PM by The_Anchorman.)

Quote:Naw bro its Henne. Dude is trash it's just that simple.

Dude, Henne and the Offense were BEAST in the first 20 minutes of this game.

Once we got the lead, something changed in the mentality of this offense.  I would not be surprised if Fische decided to reign it in and went conservative.  When you slow things down, lesser players have more time to think and tighten up-- IE choke.

You could see Henne, specifically in the 3rd Quarter, squeezing the ball too tight.  He was loose in the 1st quarter and beginning of the 2nd.  I honestly believe the under-lying factor is that Fische decided to go conservative and "managed the game", which is something that gives Henne, who's a lesser player, way to much time to think and get tight.

Hopefully, Bortles is the type of QB that can go conservative and not squeeze to tight on the ball, but Henne's not that type of guy.  Fische should have kept the pressure on instead of going all conservative.

Also, I've mentioned this is other threads...  What happened to Shoelace?  He was looking effective and dangerous, then he went all cloak of invisibility on us.  That is another thing I lay on Fische's table.  Denard was the one back that looked like he might gash the iggles.  And we stopped using him.   Just a shame....

Fisch is a good playcaller. When an o-line is playing that poorly there isn't much one can do.

Quote:Fisch is a good playcaller. When an o-line is playing that poorly there isn't much one can do.

Really?  Then how to you explain the 1st Quarter?  The o-line did just enough then.

I agree, Fisch is a good play caller when he's being aggressive.  The minute we get the lead or when we are playing behind, it seems like the game gets too big for him.  Maybe I'm being overly critical.  But the play calling was the thing, and Henne's choking in the 3rd quarter, that really had me concerned.

Quote:Fisch is a good playcaller. When an o-line is playing that poorly there isn't much one can do.
hahahahahhaa

he's a problem