Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Fisch is a Problem

I know Fisch is limited with a rookie QB and nearly a rookie line but when the line is as porous as ours you have to stick with misdirection plays, bootlegs, 3-step drops, roll outs, counter runs, etc.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:He ran Gerhart inside too and got nothing. Do you seriously think the playcalling is what is preventing this team from running the ball successfully?
lol Gerhart was going fairly well on inside zone plays

the play where he fumbled was a 10 yard gain

again, play attention man

Quote:You do realize Shorts was like the third option on that first INT?
you do realize that by Fisch shrinking the filed that the DBs just squatted the whole friggin second half?

There were a few calls I didn't like, but the 1st Q fourth and and 1.5 yards, we should have punted. AGAIN

Play NFL football, an cut the crap..

Then, late 4th Q, we are throwing underneath. That was the time for a flea-flicker, not that junk we saw.

Disappointing, but overall, an improvement. TE did well. DRob looked good, Todman did a nice job.

The D lost the turnover battle..

Quote:I'm sure it had nothing to do with Bortles staring down the WR.
lol

he wasnt staring down

Quote:lol Gerhart was going fairly well on inside zone plays

the play where he fumbled was a 10 yard gain

again, play attention man

He had one good run the first play of the game and fumbled. How is that "faily well"

Or am I not "playing" attention man?

Quote:I just dont like that they all of a sudden start calling a different game after halftime. Was it just me, or did we use less play action in the second half?

I had a few issues in the second half today with Fisch's calls.  I thought play action on 2nd down could have worked a couple of times and I hated the Gerhart run on 4th and 1.   An important thing to note in the second half was an increase in dropped balls - the exit of Shorts (he at least drew some coverage) - and a few poor decisions by Bortles.  I take some issue with the play calling, but there were many factors.  Not the least of which being that O-line.  

Quote:He had one good run the first play of the game and fumbled. How is that "faily well"

Or am I not "playing" attention man?
you're not paying attention.....

Gerhart scored up the middle

Gerhart's best plays for him are up the middle

but no, Fisch likes to run Gerhart from the pistol and on stretch plays, something that should be reserved for a back with that particular skillset

fisch sucks

Quote:He ran Gerhart inside too and got nothing. Do you seriously think the playcalling is what is preventing this team from running the ball successfully?
exactly  -  the run game is suffering behind what is probably the most inexperienced O-line in NFL  football  (Joeckel, Bowanko, Linder) and  flat out just bad play from a vet LG.  

The whole team and staff still has a lot of growing to do.

Hey, at least we didn't get trashed like the first three games this year.

"Stay tight, stay close. Great things are going to continue to happen for this football team."  - Doug Peterson

(This post was last modified: 09-28-2014, 07:50 PM by copycat.)

Quote:You do realize Shorts was like the third option on that first INT?
Nope that can't be it.  That pick was a rookie mistake AND Shorts did not come back to the ball.  I made that same mistake in HS.  ONCE!  Shorts should know better than to sit on a ball and wait for it.

Original Season Ticket Holder - Retired  1995 - 2020

At some point you just have to let go of what you thought should happen and live in what is happening.

Quote:you're not paying attention.....

Gerhart scored up the middle

Gerhart's best plays for him are up the middle

but no, Fisch likes to run Gerhart from the pistol and on stretch plays, something that should be reserved for a back with that particular skillset

fisch sucks

Like I said. He gets ripped for running up the middle, ripped for running outside. It is a losing battle.

LOL..... 

No comment.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Fred Taylor talking offense on the radio....glad someone is rational.

Quote:Like I said. He gets ripped for running up the middle, ripped for running outside. It is a losing battle.
so we're done here

Fire fisch

Jedd Fisch purposely shrinks the field, that's why dbs make plays on the ball because our routes are all short

Fisch sucks, but at least this 1-15 season won't be in vein, I'm sure he gets the boot.

I was mocked for spitting that real about Fisch

Quote:I was mocked for spitting that real about Fisch

You arent the first person to not like this offense. Plenty of people have not cared for it since day one.