Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
"All Rookie WR's have a rough rookie year". Does 1 of our 3 WR rooks challenge this?

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 08:38 PM by BasshunterX.)

Just some history: Here are the best rookie WR seasons of all time:

1. Randy moss - 69 rec., 1313 yds, 17 tds

2. Bill Groman - 72 rec., 1473 yds, 12 Tds

3. Anquan Boldin - 101 rec., 1377 yds, 8 tds

4. Bill Howton - 53 rec., 1231 yds, 13 tds

5. Bob hayes - 46 rec., 1003 yds, 12 tds

6. John Jefferson - 56 rec., 1001 yds, 13 tds

7. Cris Collinsworth - 67 rec., 1009 yds, 8 tds

The only 12 people to crack 1000 yards in their rookie campaigns. Not even Jerry Rice. So the question becomes, Can one of our new WR's break the mold, go against statistics and break 1000 yards receiving? If so, Who do you think will do it?

It would be one of the most amazing stories if Hurns outplays both Lee and Robinson to reach that 1k.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I think Hurns or Lee.

I'd say Hurns gets 900-1000

Lee 700-800

Robinson 500-600

That's a crazy stat. Just shows how hard it is for WR's year 1.

It depends on how long Henne stays the starter.

Michael Clayton: 80-1193-7

Aj Green: 65-1057-7

But your point still stands.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

Quote:Michael Clayton: 80-1193-7

Aj Green: 65-1057-7

But your point still stands.

About to say, there had to be a few more.

What about AJ Green and Didn't Keenan Allen do it as well?

Quote:What about AJ Green and Didn't Keenan Allen do it as well?

Yes and Marques Colston.

There's been 12 total in NFL history from what I can find. 6 since 1998.

I think Lee has the best chance because he's naturally talented, can stretch the field, make people miss, and a YAC guy

I don't think the jaguars have a choice. Someone is going to have a good year just by sheer exposure.

3 rookies are going to be getting a LOT of playing time. My money is on Lee if anyone.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

If Shorts somehow is injured the majority if the year, I wouldn't be surprised to see one of them get above 800, maybe even 1000. Based on the lineup I would bet Lee, but would love to see Hurns continue what he did from preseason.

Nobody is reaching 1k yards with Chad friggin Henne.
Make the Jags Great Again
Blake Bortles......YOU'RE FIRED!
Dave Caldwell.....YOU'RE FIRED!

I may have seen an outdated statline. my bad

Lets see,  :whistling:  1,000 yards.  Henne throwing the ball 5 yards at a time, while running for his life, as pass rushers pour through a very young, very inexperienced O line.  No.

When you get into the endzone, act like you've been there before.

I don't see any of our rookies getting more than 700 on the year. Robinson may have had a shot, but he's behind the eight ball having missed too many valuable practice reps in camp. I'd look for him to come on strong after the bye. 

I'm with NYC4Jags. I think that Lee ends up around 700 yards, with Robinson and Hurns maxing out at 500 each, depending upon who sticks as the third receiver and who slides to fourth.

Quote:I'm with NYC4Jags. I think that Lee ends up around 700 yards, with Robinson and Hurns maxing out at 500 each, depending upon who sticks as the third receiver and who slides to fourth.

Henne threw for 3200 yards last season. Those yards have to go somewhere.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 10:45 PM by TJBender.)

Quote:Henne threw for 3200 yards last season. Those yards have to go somewhere.
Did I mention that I think Shorts breaks 1k, and Lewis has his best year?

Edit: I'm also expecting a larger piece of the yardage pie to go to the ground game, thanks to Gerhart's improved play over MJD and the improvement of D-Rob.

Quote:What about AJ Green and Didn't Keenan Allen do it as well?

Funny you mention Keenan Allen....he reminds me of Allen Robinson a lot.