Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has Cecil thrown in the towel?

(This post was last modified: 09-06-2014, 07:17 PM by Shardex.)

It doesn't feel like he has manage to get 2 weeks of pratice in a row sense the start of OTA's til atleast the 2nd game of the year and maybe much longer.

I know injuries happen, I know hamstring injuries suck. You would have to cut off both my legs if I was an average player in a contract year because for sure, I would hop onto the field with one shouting "I got this coach!"

Cut him now, his injury first attitude is toxic.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

[Image: 1187122.gif]

Knee jerk FTW.

Hamstring issues linger and it sounds like the staff is being pre-cautionary to prevent him from being out 4-5 weeks instead of just 1-2 weeks. Cecil himself would be absolutely dumb to hide the injury or even say its not so bad. Thats how players can make things significantly worse.

[Image: choofed.gif]

Why cut out most veteran receiver? You really think he's not telling Gus he wants to play? The guy always has soft tissue problems but he produces when he's on the field. Even missing a couple games a year he's getting like 900 yards still. You don't cut that. I'm still in the camp to offer him a new deal. Obviously for the right price but we have to spend the money somewhere. And we still have ridiculous amounts of cap space.
IT WAS ALWAYS THE JAGS

Remember when Matt Jones had 1100 yards in 12 games?  Good times.

Quote:Knee jerk FTW.

Hamstring issues linger and it sounds like the staff is being pre-cautionary to prevent him from being out 4-5 weeks instead of just 1-2 weeks. Cecil himself would be absolutely dumb to hide the injury or even say its not so bad. Thats how players can make things significantly worse.

My point is Cecil's back is against the wall if he doesn't find a way to get on the field his carrier is already over. Of course if he had already given up on that.... Then your right things could get worse for him.

[Image: giphy.gif]

I'm condescending. That means I talk down to you.

He'd be out there if Bortles was. The Henne Effect aka THE

Quote:My point is Cecil's back is against the wall if he doesn't find a way to get on the field his carrier is already over. Of course if he had already given up on that.... Then your right things could get worse for him.

He has shown enough to be given a chance to start somewhere else believe me. Even if he is injured the entire season.

His carrier is over because of a hamstring?

Injury first attitude.....

Bahahahaaa
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

"Fragile" Fred Taylor had many injuries early in his career.  He then became healthy for long durations.  I hope Shorts has such luck.

[Image: mvp.avia8a99974486b2b89.md.png]

He's definitely thrown in the towel. It's a contract year and he's playing for his one and only big contract in the NFL. Why would he even bother trying?
<FONT size=3>The secret to surfing is don't do anything.</FONT>

I vividly recall a situation around the turn of the century in which an NFL CB suffered a hamstring injury in the summer,  tried to do too much too quickly,  and was adversely affected with the injury the entire season.   The same could happen to a WR if the proper precautions aren't taken.   The NFL season is a marathon,  not a sprint.  It's more important to have a player for most of the season than trying to force the issue.

Quote:It doesn't feel like he has manage to get 2 weeks of pratice in a row sense the start of OTA's til atleast the 2nd game of the year and maybe much longer.

I know injuries happen, I know hamstring injuries suck. You would have to cut off both my legs if I was an average player in a contract year because for sure, I would hop onto the field with one shouting "I got this coach!"

Cut him now, his injury first attitude is toxic.

Classic, CLASSIC, T-U comments fodder right there.  Anyone want to bet he's also a Tebow jock strap worshiper?

Why cut him if we can trade him for Alex Mack?
No one is safe.

I can't stop chuckling at "injury-first attitude."  That's gold right there. 

There is no hamstring in T.E.A.M., Cecil!!!!!!!  Stop putting your injury first!! 

I.B. Trollin