Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has Cecil thrown in the towel?

Quote:Remember when Matt Jones had 1100 yards in 12 games? Good times.

You're always the most productive when on coke or heroine..

#legalizeit

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

If he has sore hammys, he should not be throwing any towels. He may aggravate the injury.

What lies behind us, and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Quote:I can't stop chuckling at "injury-first attitude." That's gold right there.

There is no hamstring in T.E.A.M., Cecil!!!!!!! Stop putting your injury first!!

Lol, if your going to say something ridiculous at least be funny.

Quote:It doesn't feel like he has manage to get 2 weeks of pratice in a row sense the start of OTA's til atleast the 2nd game of the year and maybe much longer.

I know injuries happen, I know hamstring injuries suck. You would have to cut off both my legs if I was an average player in a contract year because for sure, I would hop onto the field with one shouting "I got this coach!"

Cut him now, his injury first attitude is toxic.
lol

What the hell did I just read lol!!! I thought the dead zone was over? Lol!!

Quote:Why cut him if we can trade him for Alex Mack?

Because they cant.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2014, 12:01 AM by jagabc6893.)

Quote:I can't stop chuckling at "injury-first attitude."  That's gold right there. 

There is no hamstring in T.E.A.M., Cecil!!!!!!!  Stop putting your injury first!! 
This literally made me LOL.  Still LOL.

Oh, and Cecil can't throw in the towel.  He'd need Tommy John surgery if he tried.

Cecil Shorts is pretty much done as a Jaguar. I'm sure most people don't realize this, but the majority of the yards he has gained in his past couple of years were in garbage time and when Justin Blackmon was on the field commanding attention. Shorts is not even close to a #1 receiver for the Jags unless certain conditions are met and he will never be. He's extremely injury prone and that probably will never chance. I understand this post will enrage hardcore Jaguar fans, but I really don't care. Sorry guys!

Titansequaltrash aka my mini me. Follows me around like a cute puppy dog.

I dont see why people even like this dude at this point. He's a gimp. The Sam Bradford of receivers. Pretty much can guarantee he'll miss more than this one game. He's a Gene Smith failure. Let him go and continue building a formidable team.

Quote:You're always the most productive when on coke or heroine..

#legalizeit
when did he

Have 1,100 yds in 12 games

If "post count" < X then "start new thread?" = "N" else board deal with original poster = "Moran"
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:when did he

Have 1,100 yds in 12 games

Check the stats.. If you don't see it, look again.. And again if necessary. One day you'll see it..

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

Quote:I dont see why people even like this dude at this point. He's a gimp. The Sam Bradford of receivers. Pretty much can guarantee he'll miss more than this one game. He's a Gene Smith failure. Let him go and continue building a formidable team.

Shorts really doesn't miss as many games as people think, though.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:Shorts really doesn't miss as many games as people think, though.

Agree on that. But he still gets injured too much to be counted on by this team.

Quote:Agree on that. But he still gets injured too much to be counted on by this team.

Don't forget that his first concussion was caused by a late hit.

Quote:"Fragile" Fred Taylor had many injuries early in his career.  He then became healthy for long durations.  I hope Shorts has such luck.

The NFL strength and conditioning circles are stuck in the 80s for the most part.  Fred made the proper adjustment late and it worked.  

Shorts was unlucky with the concussions but the groin and hamstrings issues are ridiculous at this point.  Every year of his career has been a groin or hamstring issue and those injuries have little to do with luck.   

I can understand not offering him a second contract (I would), but cutting him outright is foolish. He is still under his rookie 4th round deal, not exactly breaking the bank.

I heard he threw in an authentic, signed by David Hasselhoff, beach towel from the set of Baywatch.  Apparently, the towel had one of Hasselhoff's chest hairs imbedded in it.

No one is safe.

I am concerned with the nagging hamstring injury. Once you start tearing it, it tends to pull more frequently. If he can't stay on the field, they will have to replace him. Sad

I ain't no monkey... I'm an ape. Banana

Quote:I am concerned with the nagging hamstring injury. Once you start tearing it, it tends to pull more frequently. If he can't stay on the field, they will have to replace him. Sad

They drafted two guys in the second round. I dont think they were drafted to be backups.