Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Has Cecil thrown in the towel?

At this point I don't worry about Cecil. We got Hurns!

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The reply's in this post are rather hilarious.

Quote:The reply's in this post are rather hilarious.

I was thinkin the same thing. I just came to watch the replies.

[Image: jackson-im-just-here-to-read-the-comments-72.jpg]

If you think I offended you, don't worry, I meant to. #facts 
  [Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT-niWtlPRPNH5-2ykTqoe...WzIFU7AJaZ]
#iamlegend

I'd package Cecil and Blackmon for Alex Mack and Josh Gordon.  Heck, I'd even throw in Prosinski if the Browns take a harder stand in negotiating the trade.

the very first prerequisite for a player to be an asset is to be available. CSIII has proven himself to be unreliable. He is soft tissue injury prone. He has been this way for the last two seasons. Even when he was healthy, he was just average. Yes, he does make a tremendous catch occasionally. But he initially had a season where he had a case of the drops. Then the soft tissue issues.... Sorry I'm not sold on the veteran value of CSIII. He takes up a roster spot that could be occupied by someone more reliable. Don't renew his contract....

I y'ams who I y'ams and thats all I y'ams...

Quote:I'd package Cecil and Blackmon for Alex Mack and Josh Gordon.  Heck, I'd even throw in Prosinski if the Browns take a harder stand in negotiating the trade.
Why would Prosinski make it any better? lol

Cecil is valuable to the team simply because he is the ONLY receiver on the roster who knows where to line up and what to do on every play WHEN he's on the field. As the season progresses and the rookies start to learn where they need to be and what is expected of them on every play, Cecil will become expendable. I don't expect to see him back next year.
10 years ago we had Bob Hope, Johnny Cash, and Steve Jobs..... Please don't die, Kevin Bacon.

Quote:"Fragile" Fred Taylor had many injuries early in his career.  He then became healthy for long durations.  I hope Shorts has such luck.

Not luck

Quote:I'd package Cecil and Blackmon for Alex Mack and Josh Gordon.  Heck, I'd even throw in Prosinski if the Browns take a harder stand in negotiating the trade.
Not even the Browns are that stupid

THERE IS A SKELETON INSIDE OF YOU.

RIGHT NOW. THIS IS NOT A JOKE.

Prosinski isn't on the Jaguars roster.

Now, offer to trade him to the colts and you might make a deal. I think you could sell Grigson the Brooklyn bridge.

Cecil is valuable, to an extent. But the best value is availability. And he is not available enough. Not only that, he's not a true No. 1 receiver to begin with. He'd be a 2nd or 3rd at best on most squads. What's killing us, or, had killed us rather, is Blackmon's stupidity off the field. He was a legitimate No. 1 receiver with big play ability. Bortles could use a guy like that right now. This offense in general could use a guy like that right now. Robinson, Hurns, and hopefully Lee, will continue to improve on a weekly basis. I do not expect to see Shorts back next year. And Caldwell MUST target a legitimate WR in either FA, or maybe even early on in next year's draft.

We can't fix everything in one draftclass. I get that. Right now it's pretty obvious this team has tremendous concerns and liabilities in the secondary and on the offensive line. Naturally, you'd think Caldwell goes after these positions early on next year. We'll see how it all shakes out. But one things for sure. This offense has been lacking a threat at WR since Jimmy Smith retired. And when we finally had one in Blackmon. He managed to ruin that for himself and this team as well.

I wouldn't mind Amari Cooper on this team next year. We're on course to finish this season with a guaranteed top three to five draft slot again....

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Shorts tried to throw in the towel and ended up throwin his shoulder out instead.

[Image: ezgif-5-b2a80726c8.gif]

I met Cecil at one of the Caravan events this year. Everyone was walking past him to get to Bortles and Storm. He looked so dejected. I told him he was my favorite Jaguar and he lit up. Told him today was his year and he'd hit 1000 yards. 

... It's looking like he'll be lucky to hit 500. 

Quote:I met Cecil at one of the Caravan events this year. Everyone was walking past him to get to Bortles and Storm. He looked so dejected. I told him he was my favorite Jaguar and he lit up. Told him today was his year and he'd hit 1000 yards. 

... It's looking like he'll be lucky to hit 500. 
Interesting. I was at a Jags camp a year ago and everyone was begging for Cecil's autograph, but Shorts ignored the fans and ran off. Thought that a mere 800 yards was getting to his head. 

Just the name of this thread got me thinking about how much Mercedes Lewis' injury played into starting Bortles. Cause being the most veteran players on our offense, Shorts and Lewis probably would rather have stability at QB than the ups and downs that will come with a rookie. So maybe, Lewis' injury made the decision easier and Shorts still isn't fully onboard.

His hamstring has thrown in the towel.

Quote:Why would Prosinski make it any better? lol

Veteran leadership. High character guy. Works hard.

"The season's not over... we still have a bunch of games to lose..." - TemporaryName

"The middle of the field is like Narnia to us, we don't believe it really exists" - Marvsin