Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Doug Marrone refers to himself as "Saint Doug", will probably be fire after the 2014 season

Per rotoworld/CBS Sports

CBS Sports reports coach Doug Marrone and Bills' team officials' tensions are starting to boil, and it recently led to an expletive-laden shouting match on the practice field.

Marrone and director of player personnel Jim Monos got into a heated exchange this summer, and it got to the point where "they were more or less MFing each other." GM Doug Whaley intervened, followed by team president Russ Brandon, but the expletives continued to fly. Marrone allegedly even said "go ahead and fire me." Per the report, Marrone has been known to refer to himself as "Saint Doug" because of his "miracle" work at Syracuse. He's also frequently clashed with players, most notably stud pass rusher Jerry Hughes. Bills brass is said to be "bristled" at how Marrone has used certain players. Marrone may have the hottest seat in the NFL. He has to be the odds-on favorite as the first coach to be fired this season.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

The Bills made one of the worst decision's in its franchises history in last year’s draft, inexplicably giving up a future 1st and 4th round pick to move up a mere 5 spots to select a guy that doesn't profile as a physically dominant receiver at this level. There's no doubt in my mind the Bills will stink this year leading to a top 5 pick, they could've dumped the awful EJ Manuel and selected one of the top QB prospects in next year’s draft, the future is bleak in Buffalo.

Quote: 

<div>
Per rotoworld/CBS Sports

CBS Sports reports coach Doug Marrone and Bills' team officials' tensions are starting to boil, and it recently led to an expletive-laden shouting match on the practice field.

Marrone and director of player personnel Jim Monos got into a heated exchange this summer, and it got to the point where "they were more or less MFing each other." GM Doug Whaley intervened, followed by team president Russ Brandon, but the expletives continued to fly. Marrone allegedly even said "go ahead and fire me." Per the report, Marrone has been known to refer to himself as "Saint Doug" because of his "miracle" work at Syracuse. He's also frequently clashed with players, most notably stud pass rusher Jerry Hughes. Bills brass is said to be "bristled" at how Marrone has used certain players. Marrone may have the hottest seat in the NFL. He has to be the odds-on favorite as the first coach to be fired this season.

</div>

lol.....dysfunctional mess. Laughing Laughing 

Marrone was a head scratching hire. Whenever they get a new owner, there will be a complete overhaul. Marrone will probably end up the head coach at Georgia Tech or Illinois.

Quote:lol.....dysfunctional mess. Laughing Laughing

It truly is, Doug Whaley is selfish, you <span style="font-family:arial, sans-serif;">never

sacrifice the future of a franchise to save your job, that's the only reason they traded up for Sammy Watkins. The Bills brass knows there’s going to be an ownership change, and is obviously trying to put pieces around the awful EJ Manuel to show the new owner, GM etc... the team is heading in the right direction, if it works great, if it doesn't (and it won’t) he'll get fired and the Bills will still be without a 2015 1st round pick, it disgusts me.</span>

Quote:Marrone was a head scratching hire. Whenever they get a new owner, there will be a complete overhaul. Marrone will probably end up the head coach at Georgia Tech or Illinois.

Agreed, I expect the Bills to clean house after this season, new GM, coach, QB. The roster is actually pretty talented, so whatever GM takes over will have some nice pieces to work with.

Quote:It truly is, Doug Whaley is selfish, you never
sacrifice the future of a franchise to save your job, that's the only reason they traded up for Sammy Watkins. The Bills brass knows there’s going to be an ownership change, and is obviously trying to put pieces around the awful EJ Manuel to show the new owner, GM etc... the team is heading in the right direction, if it works great, if it doesn't (and it won’t) he'll get fired and the Bills will still be without a 2015 1st round pick, it disgusts me.

Why would it disgust you?  It's happening to one of our fellow AFC competitors.  I'm just glad it's not us anymore.

Quote:Marrone was a head scratching hire. Whenever they get a new owner, there will be a complete overhaul. Marrone will probably end up the head coach at Georgia Tech or Illinois.

Agreed.  This mess won't last much longer than this season.  Whoever winds up being the new owner is going to clean house and install his own people.

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:The Bills made one of the worst decision's in its franchises history in last year’s draft, inexplicably giving up a future 1st and 4th round pick to move up a mere 5 spots to select a guy that doesn't profile as a physically dominant receiver at this level. There's no doubt in my mind the Bills will stink this year leading to a top 5 pick, they could've dumped the awful EJ Manuel and selected one of the top QB prospects in next year’s draft, the future is bleak in Buffalo.

I think Watkins will be good.  But who's going to throw him the ball?  And let's face it -- last year's draft was Deep at WR.  Trading next year's picks away this year?  Reminds me of our GM from a couple of years ago.  Wasn't even for a Quarterback!

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

Quote:Why would it disgust you?  It's happening to one of our fellow AFC competitors.  I'm just glad it's not us anymore.

Yeah, I must say, I'm fine with others in the AFC struggling, too. 

I'm tired of the Jags playing uphill. Let us have it easier for a change. 

I think outside of the Colts, that The Texans pose the Jags the biggest issues, because of their strengths going up against our weaknesses. We gotta protect Bortles and them having Watt, Clowney and Nix to help disrupt and free one of each is going to be an issue for a long time. We need to prioritize the OL and get the picks right over the next few years. 

Quote:Why would it disgust you?  It's happening to one of our fellow AFC competitors.  I'm just glad it's not us anymore.

I understand it's not a bad thing for the Jaguars form a competitive standpoint, I was speaking in principle. You don't sacrifice the future or an organization (whether it be football or any other business) for your personal benefits, that's not how you lead. That's the one thing I appreciate about Gene Smith, for how bad he was, he wasn't going to make outrageous personnel moves in order to save his own skin, instead (knowing he was going to be fired) was able to acquire a draft pick for a guy like Mike Thomas, whether your own the proverbial hot seat or not, you still have to make decisions that are beneficial for your organization long term.

Quote:I think Watkins will be good.  But who's going to throw him the ball?  And let's face it -- last year's draft was Deep at WR.  Trading next year's picks away this year?  Reminds me of our GM from a couple of years ago.  Wasn't even for a Quarterback!

I think he will be good too, but how good? Certainly not Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, or Julio Jones good, I think Sammy Watkins profiles as a Pierre Garcon/Torrey Smith/Percy Harvin type player, certainly not worthy of two 1st round draft picks, it was a terrible decision. The Bills were better off taking Odell Beckham Jr with the 9th pick,

Quote:I think he will be good too, but how good? Certainly not Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, or Julio Jones good, I think Sammy Watkins profiles as a Pierre Garcon/Torrey Smith/Percy Harvin type player, certainly not worthy of two 1st round draft picks, it was a terrible decision. The Bills were better off taking Odell Beckham Jr with the 9th pick,

EXACTIMUNDO!!!!!!!!!

The above is precisely the reason I did NOT want the Jags drafting him at 3. 

Poor Bills.  So many bad decisions. I almost feel sorry for them.  Almost.

Atleast they have nice uniforms!
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:I understand it's not a bad thing for the Jaguars form a competitive standpoint, I was speaking in principle. You don't sacrifice the future or an organization (whether it be football or any other business) for your personal benefits, that's not how you lead. That's the one thing I appreciate about Gene Smith, for how bad he was, he wasn't going to make outrageous personnel moves in order to save his own skin, instead (knowing he was going to be fired) was able to acquire a draft pick for a guy like Mike Thomas, whether your own the proverbial hot seat or not, you still have to make decisions that are beneficial for your organization long term.
I don't think Gene ever accepted that he was on the hot seat.

Quote:I don't think Gene ever accepted that he was on the hot seat.

I think he did.  It was just far too late.

I was wrong about Trent Baalke. 

He gone. So will the QB.

Quote:I don't think Gene ever accepted that he was on the hot seat.

I disagree. I think that is why he overpaid Robinson, Ross, Henne and traded up for Blackmon.

Quote:I think he will be good too, but how good? Certainly not Calvin Johnson, AJ Green, or Julio Jones good, I think Sammy Watkins profiles as a Pierre Garcon/Torrey Smith/Percy Harvin type player, certainly not worthy of two 1st round draft picks, it was a terrible decision. The Bills were better off taking Odell Beckham Jr with the 9th pick,

if harvin didnt miss so many games id easily say he is worth that. i think sammy watkins can be a game changer. i definitely wouldnt given that  much for him, especially if i was buffalo.

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."