Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derek Carr to Start Week 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...or-raiders

I think it's the right choice, Schaub's play this preseason was equivalent to that of practice squad QBs.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

He gives them the best chance to win.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

I liked him a lot coming out. Glad to see he is getting his shot. I hope he performs well.

Right decision. Play the rookie.

I hope he gets destroyed. Stinks. 

Quote:I hope he gets destroyed. Stinks. 
classy broad aren't ya?

Hard to believe he will have one more start under his belt than Mallett, eh?

Quote:classy

The Raiders will be terrible either way. Start the kid.

Stop acting like a female dog. 

(This post was last modified: 09-01-2014, 07:42 PM by The Mad Dog.)

Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="The Mad Dog" data-cid="269968" data-time="1409613697">
I hope he gets destroyed. Stinks.

Quote:classy

</blockquote>

Hoping a football player gets knocked around & plays lousy is quite different than suggesting Sarah Palin get doused with kerosene.... (like you suggested)

just sayin'

Quote:Stop acting like a female dog. 

lol, what the hell do you care which NFL players I root for and root against?? :wacko: 

Quote:Hard to believe he will have one more start under his belt than Mallett, eh?

Yeah, that is amazing....

Then again Doug Pederson has quite a number of starts too....

as does Gabbert, as does Henne....

Liked him coming out of college wish him the best and I will be following his career

Quote:Hoping a football player gets knocked around & plays lousy is quite different than suggesting Sarah Palin get doused with kerosene....

just sayin'

Why are you rooting against him? Genuinely curious.

You're not a Jets fan from what I can tell. Right? 

You're not an anti-Raider fan from what I can tell. Right?

So what is the reason?

This makes him the front runner for ROTY IMO

Quote:Hoping a football player gets knocked around & plays lousy is quite different than suggesting Sarah Palin get doused with kerosene.... (like you suggested)

just sayin'

Are we pretending that your moral high ground has nothing to do with your political affiliation?

We both know you wouldn't have chimed in with your "classy" if it were Hilary I was talking about.

Quote:Why are you rooting against him? Genuinely curious.

You're not a Jets fan from what I can tell. Right?

You're not an anti-Raider fan from what I can tell. Right?

So what is the reason?
So that he can start a thread saying how right he was about Carr.

Carr outperforming Mallet (if he plays) TMD would never live it down...

Saying that TMDs qb takes have been so unbelievably bad that out of pure chance he must be right soon

Interesting significance of this move?

Without him being named starter, this would have been the first class to not have an opening day rookie QB start since 2007.

And Carr was the guy to keep the streak alive.

"You do your own thing in your own time. You should be proud."

Not sure how accurate this is (heard it on NFL network) apparently Carr is the first ever rookie QB to start for the Raiders week 1