Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Derek Carr to Start Week 1

With all the debate on who would be the first rookie to start for his team, it ends up not being TB, JFF or BB (which we already knew).

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:Not sure how accurate this is (heard it on NFL network) apparently Carr is the first ever rookie QB to start for the Raiders week 1

Could be. Seems like they mostly have had older veterans at QB.

Quote:Not sure how accurate this is (heard it on NFL network) apparently Carr is the first ever rookie QB to start for the Raiders week 1

I don't know if that's accurate or not either, but you would have to assume NFL network did their homework on this fact.

I would also have to believe that it means both the LA Raiders and Oakland Raiders.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...or-raiders

I think it's the right choice, Schaub's play this preseason was equivalent to that of practice squad QBs.

The same can be said regarding Matt Schaub's play last season for the Texans.   The Texans are fortunate to have received trade compensation for a QB that's at or very near the end of his playing career.

Man, Schaub really has just lost it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Quote:Man, Schaub really has just lost it.
Lost his confidence big time. He was a solid qb for a few years.
No commercial messages in sigs

Quote:Lost his confidence big time. He was a solid qb for a few years.

The confidence is gone and the physical skills appear to be gone as well.   That's not a good combo moving forward.

I really thought her amount to something when he was at Atlanta, and for a while, it looked like he might. When it fell apart for him, it really went south quickly.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

They made the best decision with moving forward with Carr. I think they will also find however he may not be what they think he is moving forward. I doubt he ever lights up anything.

With that said, Carr > Shaub

Schaub's arm is just not the same post injury.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Good to see he's playing well enough to get the start. Caldwell also like Carr and Garapollo and both are playing pretty well.
Shock the world

Carr definitely isn't the rookie QB anyone was expecting to start first this year.

Quote:Carr definitely isn't the rookie QB anyone was expecting to start first this year.

Yeah. I was expecting Bridgewater and Manziel
Shock the world

The Fresno State vs. San Jose State game was one of my favorites last season

Schaub took David Carr's job in Houston, now Derek Carr takes Schaub's job in oakland. Saw that on facebook. Ironic.
No commercial messages in sigs

(This post was last modified: 09-02-2014, 09:16 AM by Dark Passenger.)

Good move considering how bad Schaub looked in the preseason. Nothing like the Jags situation because at least Henne looked serviceable.

But I expect a lot of handoffs and screens to MJD and Run DMC.

Quote:Why are you rooting against him? Genuinely curious.

You're not a Jets fan from what I can tell. Right? 

You're not an anti-Raider fan from what I can tell. Right?

So what is the reason?

I'm still curious to hear your answer on this one.

Quote:I'm still curious to hear your answer on this one.
same

Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I'm still curious to hear your answer on this one.

I've never been a fan of Carr. Deal with it. 

Quote:I've never been a fan of Carr. Deal with it. 

I can deal with it just fine. I don't get emotional about this stuff like you obviously do.