Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
QB Matt Simms cut by Jets

I wouldn't mind seeing the Jags put a claim in. 

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

I would. What's the point in carrying 3 QBs?
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Totally pointless.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Is he still PS eligible?

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 04:49 PM by Tuxedo.)

Quote:Is he still PS eligible?

Claiming a player off waivers means they go on the active roster.

Waste of a roster spot IMO
;

;

Quote:Claiming a player off waivers means they go on the active roster.

I meant perhaps we could sign him to our PS if he clears.

Not a fan of Simms. I think we could do better as far as future backup QB duties go with a 2nd or 3rd day draft pick next year.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 05:52 PM by SuperJville.)

Quote:I meant perhaps we could sign him to our PS if he clears.
I don't think you can do that.

And why would you want to do that?
<FONT face="Comic Sans MS" size=3><B><FONT face=Verdana color=#ff6600 size=4></FONT></B></FONT>

Quote:Not a fan of Simms. I think we could do better as far as future backup QB duties go with a 2nd or 3rd day draft pick next year.

Matt Joeckel  :thumbsup:

Quote:I don't think you can do that.

And why would you want to do that?

Because we gotta have at least one QB on the practice squad, and IMO he's at least better than Morris or Stanzi

I like Simms more than Stephen Morris. If we can sign him to the practice squad I'd be all for it.

Quote:Is he still PS eligible?

Yes,  assuming of course he clears waivers.    My guess is Matt Simms will clear waivers.   Being that the Jets cut 2 QB's today,  it's hard to predict which one they will want to add to their P.S.   If it's Matt Simms,  he likely would choose the Jets over any other team because of familiarity with their Offensive System,  coaches, and players.  

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 09:49 PM by Achilles.)

I don't see any other qbs being brought in until next season.

Finding a reliable backup for bortles is gonna be key, but right now I don't feel like that can be done without taking up another roster spot.
Coughlin when asked if winning will be a focus: "What the hell else is there? This is nice and dandy, but winning is what all this is about."

Quote:I don't see any other qbs being brought in until next season.

Finding a reliable backup for bortles is gonna be key, but right now I don't feel like that can be done without taking up another roster spot.

I think this is the way the Jaguars brass views the situation as well.   The Jaguars will add a QB to their Practice Squad but unless there's someone that jumps out worth developing as a future # 2 QB,   the Jaguars likely will use the regular roster spot in a different way.

Rather get Shaw

Quote:Rather get Shaw

Agreed

The Jets signed Matt Simms to their Practice Squad:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ice-squad/