Create Account

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
A couple Centers have been cut

Looking at the league's cut list, which includes notables like Falcons LB Pat Angerer, I noticed the following names at Center...

• Ravens Reggie Stephens

• Bills Jared Wheeler

There are still 25 teams that have yet to announce any cuts.

'02

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

on a side note of people getting cut, If that Corey Washington receiver from the giants gets cut I think the Jags should take a look at him.  He played really well in all of his preseason games and is another bigger receiver with good speed and hands.

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:on a side note of people getting cut, If that Corey Washington receiver from the giants gets cut I think the Jags should take a look at him. He played really well in all of his preseason games and is another bigger receiver with good speed and hands.

We're kind of loaded at WR right now. It'll get even more crowded once Ace gets back.
"Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes. That way, if he gets angry, he's a mile away and barefoot."

Jared Wheeler played at the U. Expect him to be signed.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 03:07 AM by Predator.)

Quote:We're kind of loaded at WR right now. It'll get even more crowded once Ace gets back.
Yeah, I don't get this. We are maxed out with guys the coaches like and want to develop, yet people on this board want us to cut one of them in order to pick up a guy that their original team cut because they don't consider them worth developing.

That train of thought completely lacks common sense.

(This post was last modified: 08-30-2014, 10:21 AM by archer56.)

Quote:Yeah, I don't get this. We are maxed out with guys the coaches like and want to develop, yet people on this board want us to cut one of them in order to pick up a guy that their original team cut because they don't consider them worth developing.

That train of thought completely lacks common sense.
1. I doubt that he gets cut, and 2. This team has had such a problem with keeping WRs healthy especially at the mid season point that It wouldn't be a stretch to see us have 6+ receivers.  Doss is on IR now which opens his spot and ace is going to be suspended four 4 games. leaving...

Shorts, 

Robinson

Lee

Hurns

Mike brown

that's five receivers. even when sanders comes back that's 6 we went threw like 8 diff receiver combos last year because no one could stay healthy. 

[Image: 0KIO8ln.gif]

Quote:1. I doubt that he gets cut, and 2. This team has had such a problem with keeping WRs healthy especially at the mid season point that It wouldn't be a stretch to see us have 6+ receivers.  Doss is on IR now which opens his spot and ace is going to be suspended four 4 games. leaving...

Shorts, 

Robinson

Lee

Hurns

Mike brown

that's five receivers. even when sanders comes back that's 6 we went threw like 8 diff receiver combos last year because no one could stay healthy. 

If you would stop throwing receivers away, maybe you wouldn't go through so many.  :woot:

Speaking of centers, Eric Olsen got cut.  He's a young journeyman already.  He's bad, but likely better than what we have.

After hearing a commentator (Jon Gruden?) talk about how bad Baltimore's offensive line is last year, I don't know why their center would be so attractive. Is he the best center available?

Shipley (the C/G cut by Baltimore) isn't so much a great center as he would be solid depth at multiple positions. That's the only reason I like the idea of bringing him in, honestly. He wouldn't supplant Bowanko anytime soon (if necessary), but he could give us an extra interior lineman with starting experience. You'd also have a hard time convincing me that he isn't an upgrade over McClendon or Shatley.

So far in this thread we've mentioned Reggie Stephens and AQ Shipley from the Ravens, Jared Wheeler from the Bills and Eric Olsen from the Titans.

Additional Centers released are...

• Cards Philip Blake

• Cards John Estes (formerly with Jaguars)

• Bills Doug Legursky

• Bears Taylor Boggs

• Bears Robert Turner

• Bengals Trevor Robinson

• Browns Alex Parsons

• Cowboys Ronald Patrick

• Broncos Matt Paradis

• Lions Darren Keyton

• Packers Garth Gerhart

• Packers Jordan McCray

• Texans James Ferentz

• Colts FN Lutz

• Dolphins Sam Brenner

• Vikings Zac Kerin

• Patriots Braxston Cave

• Saints Matt Armstrong

• Raiders Lamar Mady

• Eagles Josh Andrews

• Steelers Graham Pocic

• Chargers Kalil Wilkes

• Seahawks Patrick Lewis

• Bucs Andrew Miller

• Bucs Jeremiah Warren

• Redskins Kevin Kowalski

'02

Quote:Speaking of centers, Eric Olsen got cut.  He's a young journeyman already.  He's bad, but likely better than what we have.

He's bad, so we should bring him in?

We've got young talent on the line that can be developed. Unless it represents a real upgrade, it's not worth it.
Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

Id be interested in Shipley, simply because he has starting experience and is versatile along the line. Good patch. Was a team captain at PSU so he has the leadership intangibles that the team likes.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Looking down the list for guys with starting experience there are a few...

• Doug Legursky (6-1, 315, age 28) was with the Steelers prior to last year, and between has a total of 28 starts at either LG or C including 11 for the Bills last year.

• Robert Turner (6-4, 308, age 30) started 6 games at Center for the Titans last year after starting every game, including nine at Center, for the Rams the prior season. Prior to that season he was a backup at both G and C for the Jets.

• Trevor Robinson (6-5, 300, age 24) was the backup Center for the Bengals last year, but he started 7 games for them the prior season as a rookie.

• Sam Brenner (6-2, 310, age 24) had four starts including one at Center for the Dolphins last year as a rookie.

• Eric Olsen (6-3, 305, age 26) has jumped around between the Broncos, Saints, Steelers and now Titans having put together four starts at Center for the Steelers in 2012.

• AQ Shipley (6-1, 307, age 28) has amassed 9 starts with the Ravens last year, including 1 at Center, and 5 starts with the Colts at Center the prior season as a first-year player (previously he was trying to catch on with a team since 2009).

Everyone else is either a rookie this year or is still developing as a player with at most one start.

One name I didn't mention is G Adam Snyder (6-6, 324, 32) just released by the 49ers. Snyder can play every position on the OL with most of his 87 starts over the last nine seasons at the guard and tackle spots, although he does have 3 starts at Center. He says he's determined to prove he can still play.

'02

I'd like to sign Angerer...just so we'd have Anger and Angerer on the same team.

“Motivation alone is not enough.  If you have an idiot and you motivate him,now you have a motivated idiot.” Jim Rohn

Quote: 

So far in this thread we've mentioned Reggie Stephens and AQ Shipley from the Ravens, Jared Wheeler from the Bills and Eric Olsen from the Titans.

• Packers Garth Gerhart

Garth Gerhart is the younger brother of Jaguars RB Toby Gerhart.   The Packers signed Garth Gerhart to their Practice Squad today:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...ice-squad/

Quote:Id be interested in Shipley, simply because he has starting experience and is versatile along the line. Good patch. Was a team captain at PSU so he has the leadership intangibles that the team likes.

Shipley was claimed by the Colts.

'02